Elemental Shell spell

King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
This is a request to PWI to change this wizard spell. The 1000% magic defense gain is really awesome and instant channel looks even better. but... 4 seconds length makes it useless for any PvP fight and 30 seconds cooldown also makes it impossible for a heavy/light character tank a magic boss. The only usefulness I can see is for wiz vs. wiz duels which is not the intention of it, according to description.

Thank you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
Post edited by King_Solomon - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The length is what balances out the effect. No offense, but it's unlikely they'll unbalance the game at all other classes' expense just for your sake. Besides, it does have its use in pvp despite the 4 sec length, as long as you're smart and have good response time. Something like, say, Cleric nuking you with Tempest, which has a 4 sec channel time, but will otherwise one shot you.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    archers have blessing of the condor, wich, according to eca, sounds even worse.

6s of 1k% evasion, 3min cd. (and according to some high lvl archers' testimony, cannot even be cast on party member)

i think all lvl 79 spells in general that ppl get then regret getting serious needs looking at. not saying there needs to be blind buffs applied tho.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    The length is what balances out the effect. No offense, but it's unlikely they'll unbalance the game at all other classes' expense just for your sake. Besides, it does have its use in pvp despite the 4 sec length, as long as you're smart and have good response time. Something like, say, Cleric nuking you with Tempest, which has a 4 sec channel time, but will otherwise one shot you.

lol i'm not asking for 1h buff with 1000%. i'm requesting that it's changed to have any usefulness.

4 seconds is just nothing to buff another (according to description, barbs). if i ever happen to see someone hitting a mate with magic (or even phys) i'll go seal the attacker. that's logical. for PvM, 4 seconds buys enough time for a barb to run away from mantavip... in other words, not funny at all. to use on self against groups of magic mobs it also has little effectiveness because wizards have high magic defense on their own.

also why would i waste my time using that vs. a cleric when i'm sure the vast majority of them will just seal+plume shot? much smarter for a wiz to use the tiny range advantage to channel force of will and finish the cleric at once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Not sure what you're complaining about, but Undine Strike should be your priority spell, second spell is Sleep. Does anyone even have Elemental Shell? lol But anyway, what would you suggest to make this spell better.
    edited March 2009
    Not sure what you're complaining about, but Undine Strike should be your priority spell, second spell is Sleep. Does anyone even have Elemental Shell? lol But anyway, what would you suggest to make this spell better.

I think 100% mag res gain for 15 seconds with 1 second cooldown would be nice already. with no chance of losing buffs, of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited March 2009

This is exactly the problem. When the entire class looks at the spell and says, "No point, it's useless", there's a problem. Especially if it's a high-level spell. Personally, I think anything, except for movement buffs, that have a durration of a couple of seconds should be looked at. Attack boosts, defense boosts, a 2 second stun or slow, it's just not really worth it. High levels spells should be powerful, but they should be balanced not by nerfing them, but with equally powerful skills for all other classes. What we have is all classes get two powerful lvl 79 spells, almost all of those spells get nerfed by short durrations, and a few of them get so nerfed as to be useless (1 second stun on a skill that takes 1 second to channel and 1.5 seconds to cast, 4 seconds of massive elemental resistance, sealing a target for 2-3 seconds). I'd say anything that doesn't last at least 6 seconds is next to useless. It would be very cool if a few classes that didn't get a lot of buffs got one long-term, decently powerful, high level buff, such as 200% increase in evasion (instead of 1000%) for 30 seconds or so, maybe longer, for archers. Likewise, mages could get their elemental resistance increase at 100-200% for 30 seconds to a minute. That's not too powerful, not so much as to unbalance the game, yet it's still useful.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    But it's useless to discuss about this. The programmers made this spells up quite a while ago, and it is not something GM's, think of, it is something that is implented in the code of the game itself. They wont change this. We have to deal with what we get, because no matter if this tread gets 10 or 100 pages, they wont change the skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosa - Harshlands
    Mosa - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009

Cleric tempest is sooo over rated its disgusting all 3 mage ultis are much more stronger and no Cleric tempst wouldnt even dream of one shooting a mage not by a far shot how ever though Blade Tempest will one shoot all robers out there and water dragon if played right will one shoot all heavies out there..
    formerly known as mosabi-heaven's tear..

you know that wizard that kicked your **** b:victory..

now I just own wizards at the new servers b:victory
    edited March 2009
    Cleric tempest is sooo over rated its disgusting all 3 mage ultis are much more stronger and no Cleric tempst wouldnt even dream of one shooting a mage not by a far shot how ever though Blade Tempest will one shoot all robers out there and water dragon if played right will one shoot all heavies out there..

hitting a robe wizard with magic is just as effective as shooting a barb with plume shot.

blade tempest is the only wizard spell with physical damage. in fact it's 50% phys and 50% magic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]