What is wrong with Celestian Guardian Seal

MystiMonk - Sanctuary
MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Cleric
I have been using this since turning 30 and it doesn't seem to regen my hp or mp up as it claims.What is wrong with it or is it broken and what if you invest more spirit in it?
Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
Post edited by MystiMonk - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I have been using this since turning 30 and it doesn't seem to regen my hp or mp up as it claims.What is wrong with it or is it broken and what if you invest more spirit in it?

Well it seems that it regens hp/mp every 2nd second not every single second like the discription says.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Well it seems that it regens hp/mp every 2nd second not every single second like the discription says.

Also realize that your mp/hp regen during battle drops into the toilet.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009

I noticed that only when I fly or swim - wich means my main grinding inviroments -.-
    It seems that when you're on the ground the portrait gets to normal faster (reffering to the red light around it when you're in a fight) so your regen starts again sooner - no big loss then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited March 2009

hahab:laugh thats a great one gota write it down( it drops to 1/4)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Also note It's regen would be doubled during meditation so level 10 seal is +20 hp/mp regen, I think
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I would say this skill needs some fix to it ot make it worth while to use and put on your bar like when being attacked you gian 2 energy/health with every hit as well on party members.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Celestrial Guardian's Seal is only really useful for lower levels, or to boost your regen during meditation. I mostly use it as a timer - cast it on yourself or your party, count to 60, then cast your other buffs. When your Guardian's Seal run out, you know it's the time to get ready with rebuffs, or to run. By the time that you get it up in level, it's really useless...

Doesn't stop the barbs and BMs from begging you for it, though.
  • Mr_Grip - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Grip - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Celestrial Guardian's Seal is only really useful for lower levels, or to boost your regen during meditation. I mostly use it as a timer - cast it on yourself or your party, count to 60, then cast your other buffs. When your Guardian's Seal run out, you know it's the time to get ready with rebuffs, or to run. By the time that you get it up in level, it's really useless...

Doesn't stop the barbs and BMs from begging you for it, though.

I am so stealing that little system from you!

On topic: Yes it's not really that important, it makes for a cool effect when you get the aoe version of it. It makes you look cool when casting it, also people respect you in parties when you cast it.
  • Waittilli - Lost City
    Waittilli - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    In the end, you look at that skill and wonder why I wasted so much SP on it
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Well.... its true! The only case is worth it is for those chars who dont use charm. Maybe for a full mag veno without hiero, or some barbs or archers that have slow Mp regen... but in the end, its a LAME skills, everyone at some point should be wearing a charm.
  • Deathrowjr - Sanctuary
    Deathrowjr - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    For me I find it really useful at the moment, concerning
    how much mana I use on just one creep with plume shot
    I have to meditate constantly and CGS helps a lot.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    hows ur character built?( in what do u give points u get each lvl?)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deathrowjr - Sanctuary
    Deathrowjr - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    hows ur character built?( in what do u give points u get each lvl?)
    I'm a light armour Cleric, so I meditate more often than
    Pure Mag builds. The way I see it, the crits makes up for lost
    damage from going dex too.
  • Voices - Lost City
    Voices - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    At higher levels you regain over 60 mp/s when you meditate with this. It's pretty nice. (I still meditate when I'm grinding to save money, and I only use charms for HH)

At my level I find it helpful when I'm in an fb. Usually monsters do such little damage that the tank only loses a sliver of health. Since when you heal you don't enter combat status, you don't lose the extra mp that this skill gives you so you can cast quick wellsprings on a tank to build up chi. The mp regain makes wellspring (level 6) free after 3 seconds, which is only slightly longer than the skill takes to channel and cast. After chi is built up, double spark to regain even more mp, spam sparked ironhearts, and after the spark ends alternate between wellsprings and ironhearts. This also prevents against excessive healing which I think is somewhat wasteful (unless the boss is very dangerous).

This is the only explicit use I've found for the skill, but I find it helpful since I'm a conservative mana user. The skill is apparently useful to blademasters, but I haven't figured out how useful it is. I do know that blademasters go through tons of mp, but the gain is so insignificant that it wouldn't matter. I need to ask. I confess, mp loss is one of the areas that has made being a cleric difficult for me. In other games there are at least skills that allow you to leech mp from enemies. While it doesn't exactly compare to these abilities, the skill has made my life a bit easier since I finished it.

Edit: If you're on the ecatomb site anytime soon, also make sure you take a look at the heaven/hell version of the skill. Make it seem so much better.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Any class besides mages, clerics, and mage-venos, have no mp regen. They can't meditate and get their mp back, and they usually have very little of it(level 80 barbs peaking 1k mp). +10 mp regen makes their life a lot easier. 10 mp/s is 1.2 mp a minute. That's how fast a pure mag user recovers their mana, over a minute of meditating. I've been a barb, fighting without that regen is hell.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Also note It's regen would be doubled during meditation so level 10 seal is +20 hp/mp regen, I think
    At higher levels you regain over 60 mp/s when you meditate with this. It's pretty nice. (I still meditate when I'm grinding to save money, and I only use charms for HH)

I use powders (50 mana regen per sec) when I meditate my mp goes up by 100 per sec, it fills up in no time.
    So i guess it's 50 mana per sec if you meditate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    They are a one time cost investment that for the rest of your character's career, gives a bit of mana every time you fight. 2.5 per second may not be much, but over 1 year+ that will end up saving you gold charms. And it saves the hassle of buying/harvesting apothecary items that you need to pop every 10 mins. Doesn't require maxing, but after everything else is costing half a million or more, why not? It will have a worthwhile effect if you plan on playing a while.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    They are a one time cost investment that for the rest of your character's career, gives a bit of mana every time you fight. 2.5 per second may not be much, but over 1 year+ that will end up saving you gold charms. And it saves the hassle of buying/harvesting apothecary items that you need to pop every 10 mins. Doesn't require maxing, but after everything else is costing half a million or more, why not? It will have a worthwhile effect if you plan on playing a while.

Agreed, my celestian's guardian is lvl6, now it started getting really expensive so I will hold on to it till later when those 45k sp won't mean too much to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Echelon - Heavens Tear
    Echelon - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I have it maxed and AoE'd and I find it useful. My MP regen is 35 standing and 70 in Med, not to mention my godly hp regen. My hp is healed during AoE bosses by the time they launch another AoE. Making it like they are not even hitting me.

Plus BM's Barbs, even Wizzes love it, they don't have to stop as much.

HP/MP charms are for people who have the money to blow. Not everyone can afford them.

Besides......every lil bit helps. I'm still lvling my other skills fine at my lvl. I mean I have Wield maxed at the moment at 8 and My Tempest is even lvl 5. Soon and Stream are lvl 5 as well. Iron, Wellspring, Plume, and Cyclone are maxed. I'm not counting my debuffs that are lvled as well.

all in all I'm doing fine with it maxed. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I haven't really leveled mine (Lvl 1 or 2 maybe), other than to make barbs happy that ask for it. I'll even tell them it's a low level, and they still want it. lol

I'm waiting until I have my essential, secondary, and tertiary healing/supports skills and buffs maxed or at the level I want them before I start leveling it again.
  • Sephyros - Lost City
    Sephyros - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Every bit counts, thats what i think. When doing bosses, i use focus powder plus lvl 10 celestial guardian seal and my mp never seem to run out. So i just need to herb and save money on charms.

Butterfly herbs are really hard to find for the 100mp regen pots. I need to learn some locations of it soon.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I don't level it, I might but I wont.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Xsyx - Sanctuary
    Xsyx - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    this skill is godly to archers, bms, barbs from my experience (this is my alt)

those classes burn through mp in no time, and with this, they can grind/kill for half an hour non stop. (if they don't spam skills like there's no tomorrow)

as for wiz, cleric and veno, every little bit helps, this skill can cut down the time you spend meditating, as stated before, not everyone can afford to buy charms

most people play as clerics b/c they like helping people, so why not level this skill, which can bring a big smile on the other classes and makes it easier for you to ask help from them next time.
  • Padixeric - Sanctuary
    Padixeric - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    granted the +10 is not all that much, but it counts nonetheless.

btw: take care with mixing it up with powders ... you dont want your +50 or +100 canceled out and replaced by +10, trust me b:chuckle

if you have to walk between mobs (or fly for that matter) and cast a few heal spells, you'll be back out of combat mode fast enough for it to kick back in.

also, when you meditate it's really worth it.

otherwise: stick to your apothecary skill and make some pots and powders so as not to waste coins on charms (stupid 75% ... grrr)

anyway, others - as mentioned already - will be thankful for it.
    and if you feel as if you have wasted the spirit on it - go to some low lvl area and buff those up - they'll be really thankful. (remind them of the duration though, otherwise they'll be dead in seconds when it runs out b:chuckle)
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Do not forget to take into consideration the hp regen. I play a pure magic cleric (5 vit, 5 dex, 41 str at level 75) which means I only heal one hp per second. I remember playing my cleric at level 20, if I got hit for 150 damage I needed to waste my mp healing myself because it would take too long for my hp to regenrate at only one hp per second. Even level one Celestial Guardian's Seal doubled my hp regen rate and at level 10 my hp regen if eleven times what it would be without the spell. That saves me all kinds of mp, because I do not have to bother healing myself when I only lose a few hundred health.

Since I never use charms or potions I maxed it out every level I could (which meant I only had enough spirit for it, plume shot, great cyclone and a little bit left over for some ironheart), but I felt it was worthwhile. The skill caps at level 50 so I only had to horde spirit from levels 30 to 50 and like most people during those levels I spent most of my time solo. When I did join a party I was able to offer something that no other cleric of my level ever could which was particularly nice in two cleric parties. There is no point in both clerics having all the same buffs maxed. Most clerics maxed the other buffs and I had Celestial Guardian's Seal so it made for good teamwork.

I do not notice the mp regen quite as much now that I am level 75 (in part because I have had it maxed for 25 levels), but I still notice when it runs out. If I look at my mp bar and it appears much lower than I expected it to be, it usually means my Celestial Guardian's Seal ran out a couple minutes ago. And I always notice the lack of hp regen when it is not on. I have gotten used to regenerating eleven hp per second and when it goes back down to one I can really tell the difference.
  • Lynaris - Sanctuary
    Lynaris - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    When you buff someone with Celestial Guardian's Seal, what does the icon look like (the small squarish pic beneath their picture, hp, etc.)??

Does it have 2 icons for 1 skill? A cleric told me its the 2 icon thing, one red, one blue, with a hulk-man each, each man the same color as its background (red, blue) red>>>increased hp recov. blue>>>increased mp recov.

So is that true? Those 2 icons are for CGS? If it's not, can someone tell me the class that uses this skill and what skill name it is?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    When you buff someone with Celestial Guardian's Seal, what does the icon look like (the small squarish pic beneath their picture, hp, etc.)??

Does it have 2 icons for 1 skill? A cleric told me its the 2 icon thing, one red, one blue, with a hulk-man each, each man the same color as its background (red, blue) red>>>increased hp recov. blue>>>increased mp recov.

So is that true? Those 2 icons are for CGS? If it's not, can someone tell me the class that uses this skill and what skill name it is?

The Cleric buff will give you the two icons: red man and blue man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yes it is true, two icons for one skill. Moreover, when the person you are about to buff does have one of these icons, please ask him does he want this buff? Because there are apothecary powders that give much harder hp/mp regeneration (50 or even 100 / sec against that 10 of cleric's), and these powders do cost money. (And not only money. There was a case when I was soloing Yansheng with my alt blademaster; it was all good with the life powder and hp potions until some loosy cleric flyed around and buffed me with CGS, may be even underleveled one. I still managed to survive but it was TOUGH.)
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Falfromgrace - Heavens Tear
    Falfromgrace - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yes it is true, two icons for one skill. Moreover, when the person you are about to buff does have one of these icons, please ask him does he want this buff? Because there are apothecary powders that give much harder hp/mp regeneration (50 or even 100 / sec against that 10 of cleric's), and these powders do cost money. (And not only money. There was a case when I was soloing Yansheng with my alt blademaster; it was all good with the life powder and hp potions until some loosy cleric flyed around and buffed me with CGS, may be even underleveled one. I still managed to survive but it was TOUGH.)

Seems you were a victim of the macro buffers, who cause more harm then good... Better luck next time, and watch out for random buffs, they can prove fatal in the end b:laugh
  • Talshina - Dreamweaver
    Talshina - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    That's why I've got Vanguard Spirit and Magic Shell in a macro, but Celestial Guardian Seal is on its own key. This way I can still give buffs to random people, without accidentally wasting their apothecary mixtures. If/when I can finish my Cultivation quests, I'll add Spirit's Gift to the macro, but keep CGS seperate.