Bowbarian Guide

Yourmom - Lost City
Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Barbarian
Posted this in the wrong forum before so I copied it here

Mom's Bowbarian Guide

Build: enough magic to wear robes, everything else in dex.

That's right, you're wearing robes. You're full dex, so you'll evade things a lot, may as well reduce that magic damage.

Don't worry about vit, barbs have a ton of hp, you'll be fine.

You're using bows and robes, no need for strength.

Weapon: Duh BOWbarian. Highest level you can equip. You'll have to skip hh60, but you can use the hh70 unicorn bow. Might want to carry around a level 1 axe so you can cast your self buffs.

Tactics: Stand there and shoot things with your bow. They'll die. Don't worry about kiting like a pansy archer, you're a barb, that means you're a tank. Things won't kill you.

PVP Tactics: same as pve. Stand there and shoot things with your bow. Mages can't hurt you cuz you're in robes. Melee can't hurt you cuz you're a barb, you're a tank, you'll live. Just watch out for phoenixes, those things are nasty.

Skills: Skills? bowbarian doesn't need skills.
Get tiger form so you can run fast.
Swimming mastery is important too.
Might as well get your other buffs while you're at it. Basically that whole middle of the skill tree is good.
That tiger form intensify thing isn't important since you won't be in tiger form much.
Get poison fang I guess if you want to do wood damage like a veno cuz they're amazing.

Leveling areas- wherever the **** you want. nothing can stop you, you're a bowbarian.

Endgame goals: hh90 robe set, hh90 green bow (only one you can equip), jewelry is for girls, don't worry about that stuff.
Oh and you'll be wearing an mp hat, try to get one with good bonuses.

Go tear it up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Yourmom - Lost City on

Comments

• Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    b:laugh
    Too funny.
  • scionofchaos
    scionofchaos Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Someone should try this. I want to see if you can kill someone with laughterb:laugh
    Do not walk behind me, I will not lead
    Do not walk in front of me, I will not follow
    Do not walk beside me, This twisted road I must walk alone
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'm wondering whether I should sticky this. It's a brilliant guide after all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mirathyl - Sanctuary
    Mirathyl - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Oh wow. xD I am quite tempted to roll a character and see how this goes for awhile.
    "We don't know what we're going to do when we get there, but we're not going to die without good reason."
    - Heero Yuy, Gundam Wing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Mirathyl
  • Lordexion - Lost City
    Lordexion - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Roflcakeb:chuckle
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I think I might try it too. The only thing better would be if you could wear the female version of the robes (the level 12 Necromancy Robe!)....with a gold medallion necklace.
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    first its killing snowmen in the christmas event with a bow...
    (yes, bowbarian was the first name for it in my guild!)
    and now THIS?!
    oh my gosh, i think ill do it....!
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Cyanea - Lost City
    Cyanea - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Oh wow. xD I am quite tempted to roll a character and see how this goes for awhile.

omg, you should! You could make a fortune selling viewing rights!
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    ROFLMAO! b:laugh

Whats next a Barbierian? b:chuckle (That kills with its looks) b:laugh

As if there aren't enough screwed up barb builds out there already. b:chuckle
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Bowbarianx - Heavens Tear
    Bowbarianx - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    why would you want MP hats ?
  • Fleez - Heavens Tear
    Fleez - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You know... as funny as this sounds it might work out. Although it will be boring as hell. You want be able to tank, and u want have high **** HP like the tiger Tanks do..but hey,at least ull hit ppl in PVP.
    ATTENTION ALL: I would just like you to know....I has fleas.
  • Bowbarianx - Heavens Tear
    Bowbarianx - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    some basic problems so far.

Bows need STR and robes need too much MAG.

it looks like LA is the only way to go
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    Pandaberr - Lost City Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Man, I'm confused. Is this a joke, or are you serious about using a bow as a barb?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Well I've seen venos dual wield axes, so I guess anything is possible, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Buknoybobo - Sanctuary
    Buknoybobo - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    cool!great idea and i like to try itb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SUPAH TINEH SUPAH SLAM!!!b:angry
    my keyboard is broken so if there are any wrong spellings then just try to understad them
  • need4spirt123
    need4spirt123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Why this isnt sticky lol? b:laugh
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Man, I'm confused. Is this a joke, or are you serious about using a bow as a barb?

i actually do use a bow as a barb :)
    its not the highest lvl bow i can equip, its just a bow that fits the dex i happen to have. its come in handy on many of occasion for bringing one mob out of a group of agressive mob and gettin 1 on 1 with that mob instead of gettin every mob in the group after me. i can even pull the mob out as far as i want to, run 90 degrees from where i'm standing and make it run away from me into space thats not occupied by other mobs. (for the ones like ursogs that like shootin n runnin)

comes quite in handy sometimes and the bit of dex dont hurt accuracy none :)

(then again i suppose similar could be done with the bamboo bow, lv1 only 5 dex req, as for that tactic/strategy all u really needa do is tag the mob n get its attention, get it comin for ya, then pull it out n work it however u want)

but either way, my plan with a bow is get the mob out where its just me and it, change to whatever melee weapon i have, change position so i can work it how i want it to (instead of it leadin me back into a group of agressive mob while i'm jus tryin to quest for lvls), and bash its brains out till dead. then sit down for a short time (if i even have to lol). and wash rinse repeat :)
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • Ethree - Lost City
    Ethree - Lost City Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    the fabled bowbarian b:pleased
    2009-02-0919-28-22-1.jpg
    8.5k accuracy with maxed bloodbath b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] tx Haiz too pro
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Well yeah I can imagine bowbarb's accuracy must be uber, but how does he use it? Does he have to disarm himself to buff? DOes he have to carry a set of axes for HP and Titan's buffing?

Hmm, high crits, 30% extra phy dmg from titans, uber accuracy and a fairly decent HP. The more I think about it a Bowbarian seems to be fun to play.

Ofcourse no tanking and hell after 89, but how does a bowbarian's damage compare to a BM, archer or mage?

BTW, in the screenie, I see he has also trained armageddon and swing and slam and a horde of humanoid attack skills. How does he use them?
    I think this guys gonna have his hands full swapping between axe and bow.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Xnastyx - Lost City
    Xnastyx - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    did u actually lvl this character? or just go a reset card and bought some robe gears :O...hotkeys dont seem to be set up for a bowbarian lol
  • Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear
    Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Wow, didn't know this was a real build. I did it for fun until I was about 20, even had the mage robes going on because Pyrofiends were killing me left and right. I kept the high dex once I needed to be able to tank, and tho 30-50 was a little rough on me and my guildies when I was the tank, I never missed with Flesh ream, even before the changed it. I keep a lvl22 Moonlight Bow and Elite Falcon Feather arrows on me (for the +1 crit) and regular arrows for pulling and for dueling archers. Best feeling in the world is critting an archer.
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hm. Though this is at least half-joking, I think I might try this as an extra character. My alt-barb is standard build and I don't want to change him over.

I think it requires more research to actually try and make it viable though - as stated, Robes need Magic to equip. A better statting path would probably be to put enough Dex in to equip the current-level Bow, then put in enough strength to equip current-level Light Armor. If anything is left over, it would probably be good to put it into more Strength since that is where the bow draws its attack power from. To equip Robes, you'd have to put extra points into Magic instead - or maybe all non-dex points into Magic. Like I said, further research.

And yes, I know I'm taking this a little seriously :) But alternative builds are fun to play with! Whether it bears out as a viable build in the long run has yet to be seen. But, as stated, Barbs are tough and there's not too much risk to your life to play with something like this on a Barb. It might actually be a workable, yet exotic, build.

As for weapon-switching (having an axe or somesuch to enable barb skills), that's no problem. You can drag weapons (and equipment) into the Quickbar/Skillbar - Have the Bow there next to the Melee weapon, and a single left click will let you hotswap them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Leveling areas- wherever the **** you want. nothing can stop you, you're a bowbarian.

LOL!

Win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neltharius - Heavens Tear
    Neltharius - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    the fabled bowbarian b:pleased
    2009-02-0919-28-22-1.jpg
    8.5k accuracy with maxed bloodbath b:shocked

i think this guy was just a lvl 91 barb who had way too much money and time on his hands, that he decided to get reset scrolls, weapons, and try it out
    i doubt anybody would get anywhere with this build
    lol
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hm. Though this is at least half-joking, I think I might try this as an extra character. My alt-barb is standard build and I don't want to change him over.

I think it requires more research to actually try and make it viable though - as stated, Robes need Magic to equip. A better statting path would probably be to put enough Dex in to equip the current-level Bow, then put in enough strength to equip current-level Light Armor. If anything is left over, it would probably be good to put it into more Strength since that is where the bow draws its attack power from. To equip Robes, you'd have to put extra points into Magic instead - or maybe all non-dex points into Magic. Like I said, further research.

And yes, I know I'm taking this a little seriously :) But alternative builds are fun to play with! Whether it bears out as a viable build in the long run has yet to be seen. But, as stated, Barbs are tough and there's not too much risk to your life to play with something like this on a Barb. It might actually be a workable, yet exotic, build.

As for weapon-switching (having an axe or somesuch to enable barb skills), that's no problem. You can drag weapons (and equipment) into the Quickbar/Skillbar - Have the Bow there next to the Melee weapon, and a single left click will let you hotswap them.

that would actually be dex. ranged attacks get higher damage from dex.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • NinJaXXX - Harshlands
    NinJaXXX - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    actually i have a lv44 bow_barbarian on harshland also i put its stats 1vit and 1str and 3dex hade 2500 hp wish is quite good compare to ather classes ooon and that hp is with no armor to speak off so take hits is no major problem and with good LA armor and its 1k eve and 1k acc it did crith pretty good on ranged players like wizz and clerics and such so its not sooo bad build iff anybody wana test it
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    This is a Pure Fail.

Barbs and BMs will kill the "weak" Bowbarb
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear
    XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    oh a bowbarian works alright its just that it takes longer than reagular barb 2 lvl it took me about 2 weeks 2 get 2 lvl 40 when with my other barb it took 1 week but the r still tanks (in a way.) a bowbarian is in other words an archer that is fuzy and have more hp and no skills besides self buffs (but switching 2 axes is a pain every time u need 2 buff) ive done fbs and ther were 2 barbs (me and main tank) the other barb attacked i was in the back of the group and shot arrows and crited so bowbarians work prett well but a pain 2 lvl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]you have just meet death

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

credit to ForsakenX for the sig
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    andracil wrote: »
    I'm wondering whether I should sticky this. It's a brilliant guide after all.

OMG ----> yay the mod is confusedb:laugh
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well I've seen venos dual wield axes, so I guess anything is possible, lol.

venos? i saw a heavy plated cleric -.-(lvl 50)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]