Restat axe bm to dex build at 70+?

Options
Siege - Dreamweaver
Siege - Dreamweaver Posts: 241 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Blademaster
Ok so I was told that 6Str, 3vit, and 1Dex every 2 levels was the best PvE build for an axe BM. Now I'm being told that I should restat after 70 to a dex build. I was also told that dex builds are better for higher TTs.

So can someone please give me a detailed explanation on how dex build is better? -________________-
Post edited by Siege - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Deathnote - Harshlands
    Deathnote - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    BEST ANSWER: Which ever suits you! ^__^
    Bringing fear and widespread random deaths into the Harshlands, that is my goal..

IGN: Shinigamii, WR

Death Note Rule #18
    A god of death cannot be killed even if stabbed in his heart with a knife or shot in the head with a gun. However, there are ways to kill a god of death, which are not generally known to the gods of death.
  • malevolentz
    malevolentz Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Ok so I was told that 6Str, 3vit, and 1Dex every 2 levels was the best PvE build for an axe BM. Now I'm being told that I should restat after 70 to a dex build. I was also told that dex builds are better for higher TTs.

So can someone please give me a detailed explanation on how dex build is better? -________________-

Whoever told you that fails pretty hardcore.

To summarize:
    ~50 vit with good gear, keep str at requirement for your axes and rest into dex (factors of 20) has high survivability (since you put HP shards [or mdef depending on preference] in your armor), AND high accuracy/evasion/crit (especially with the addition of ling yun/behemoth rings + high grade accuracy shards in your wep). You will also be looking for helms with nice base hp & socketting with hp shards, the hh90 gold neck (can't remember name) gives 5% hp bonus also, so even with 50vit, you have nice survivability.

The build you posted~ very poor accuracy, even with high grade shards in your wep & ling yun/behemoth rings etc, only real advantage is high hp. with this build, you're a stun monkey and can't hit anything >.>

edit: just look at warmachine's guide, he pretty much explains everything for axe wr's quite nicely.