New Dye System

Options
2»

Comments

• MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I'd like to see the Hot Colours Pack NOT contain random dyes. If I want random I'll buy the damn things! It's a waste of your money to have a damned lottery where not only do we not know what colour we'll get (could be lime green or brown) BUT we have to face the booby prize of a damned random pigment half the time! BUU!

This would solve the "killing the dye market" problem but also let the ones of us who want specific colours to get them or be able to trade with each other more often!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • Maryjane - Harshlands
    Maryjane - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    /signed

I totally agree with the idea of being able to choose what color dye you get. I for one will never buy a lottery ticket when I should be able to just pick the color dyes I would like. They would make so much more money with a dye system like you suggest. b:surrender
  • Elvenhawk - Heavens Tear
    Elvenhawk - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I agree i refuse to pay that much for something i might not get i will happily sign the petition
  • Seveneyes - Lost City
    Seveneyes - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I completely agree with this. I refuse to buy any cash shop fashion because I know the chances are I won't get the colour I want.

Instead I'll probably wait and buy the right colour through the auction/cat shop and if I need a little extra money for it I'll buy some zen then sell em to make it.

At the very worst I'd buy the cash shop fashion then go cat shop/auction house hunting for the right coloured dyes.

I will never pay for pigments through cash shop, until I have a choice into the colour

/signed
  • Daialura - Heavens Tear
    Daialura - Heavens Tear Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    *casts Revive on this thread*
    ~~\( >.o)/~~

PWI should really implement this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And still too squishy...
  • Cocoe - Sanctuary
    Cocoe - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I don't understand how some people think the current pigment system is "totally awsome and should be left as is." If this game is trying to grow, it's going to have to compete with games such as World of Warcraft or other similar MMORPGs. Currently in PWI, if you are a good player and you want to play a good game, then you'd have to spend a lot of money to upgrade your char. Overall according to my estimates, you'd have to spend MORE money than paying a monthly subscription in WOW to play this game to its fullest potential. That's bad. If PWI wants to progress as a company, to grow and to be competative, they need to re-evaluate their prices and take away the random chance on items that players have to pay real money for.
  • Aikuna - Dreamweaver
    Aikuna - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I support this idea 100%!

It would be so much fun if we were able to dye our outfits to match our taste without the gamble. Heck, I'd probably even re-dye my outfits for different holidays and the like. *nods*
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    *casts Revive on this thread*
    ~~\( >.o)/~~

PWI should really implement this.

rrrrrrrrrooooooooooooofffffffffffllllllllllllll
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Ooh, I really like the idea of the second system. I had only thought of the first, but the second one is a great idea. I fully support this idea and think this is a problem with PWI that needs to be fixed ASAP.
  • Xxelise - Lost City
    Xxelise - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    aletern wrote: »
    I believe that the gaming developers should start working on a new dye system instead of random grab bags of color dyes that nobody wants. I want to start a petition or at least a general idea of what new dye systems could be implemented.

System One:
    The boutique sells dyes individually instead of making every dye random to obtain. They can still be obtained randomly, but there should be a seperate list of dyes on the side that people can buy individually.

System Two:
    Selling "Universal Dye", in other words dyes that yes, are pricier, but when used on clothing open a color scheme list in which people can preview and dye their items. Much like the color layout used to customize characters when they are first made.

Some food for thought.

I support this, system one seems the best option imo.
  • Scitaz - Sanctuary
    Scitaz - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I support system 1 100%
  • merokotenshi
    merokotenshi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I support system one too! ^.^
    I haven't bought anything from the cash shop
    Or from cat-shops since I don't like the colors they have...
    I think that they fact that is random is really bad since people pay real money just so they can dye their clothes.
    So is like the customer was unsatisfied...
    So if you can pick which dye you want that would be nice! ^.^
    If it was changed I would consider go getting one of those prepaid cards and get a cash shop set...

(Signed)

I hope that someone who has "authority" would read this..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks mortalz for sig!
  • RUFFLE - Lost City
    RUFFLE - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Signed

i agree, we should get more for our money than what they give us for our money.

We pay with REAL MONEY - which is quite important to us in RL as it is in game, so we should get the respect of having the color we payed for in the first place! b:victory
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I've got an idea for a new system:

There are only 5 dyes: Red, Blue, Yellow, Black, White

The dying system follows a simple RBY color mixer, with Black and White used to darken or lighten the color. All clothes use the same amount of dye, which is dependant on what color you want, how vivid (as opposed to gray), and how dark/light.

Dye sales would probably go up, because people are actualy using more dyes to color their clothes more frequently (since they know what they're getting), but pretty much all colors will be used.
  • Lordexion - Lost City
    Lordexion - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    +1 sign, i suport youb:cute
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    No one cares what we think, current system allows them to make more money.

The problem of humanity is that we can not unite and work as a whole, when we do unite though we accomplish things of a truly stunning magnitude.

For example, imagine everyone acting as one and let's say ignoring random dyes I mean completely boycotting them, no one would buy a single dye, only then they will change the dye system.

Too bad it is unachievable.

Unless we hold those people at gun point or totally boycott their way of running things there will be no changes.

Pessimistic but realistic.
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • dizzysteve2
    dizzysteve2 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The random dye system makes it extremely difficult to get colors that match and almost impossible to get the color I want. I now have an outfit (2 pieces)that I like (not totally thrilled with color but chose the best of the 2 and got lucky to match the other part) and I DO NOT plan to get another one, or shoes, since the system is more random, and harder to win, than a lottery. b:sad

I guess I do not need to buy more Zen for clothes since I am unwilling to buy stuff that I don't like. Too bad they do not want me to buy more outfits.

b:surrender
  • Muah - Heavens Tear
    Muah - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I like the idea that was proposed abt the Hot colors, there shouldn't be a random pigment in there since they already have a pack for that. other than that I'm not complaining.I buy my dyes from players. And if you dont like dying your clothes, then go find the matching piece from someone else. If you can't find one. You're apparently S.O.L. then eh? Players will still continue to buy from the Item mall anyway.
    ~Mrs. Curry~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Since 7/4/09
  • Madijon - Lost City
    Madijon - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Id just be happy if random dyes weren't included in the hot colors packs... gosh darned it if i wanted random i would have bought a random pack!
  • Minyo - Dreamweaver
    Minyo - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    *Signed

I don't buy pigment or anything from the cash shop. I usually wait until I see each piece in the right color in cat shops which usually take longer. I might actually buy from cash shop IF I knew I could choose the color...
  • FangJingShan - Lost City
    FangJingShan - Lost City Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Everyone seems to be under the assumption that this game is developed according to player wants/needs. A hint, free to play games with item malls are for the purpose of making money only. Unless the idea you offer provides them with a way to make more of a profit, it will most likely not be taken into consideration. Pay to play games, where you have to make a monthly/yearly payment in order to play the game is about making the players happy because they will then continue to play the game which is what makes them money if the first place.

If they made every dye color available, people would buy what they wanted and would stop there. Think about it this way: you have a one in twenty chance of getting the color you want from a random dye, and you must buy three of them to color your outfit. This means that the average amount of money spent to get this color would be around the cost it would take to buy sixty of these random dyes. If each dye costed one dollar, they just made sixty dollars. If you can buy the colors you want, even if they made it a reasonably more expensive price, they would make about a quarter the profit. So, as the owner of a business, your goal is to maximize your income while minimizing your output in resources. The more you can maximize it, the more you can provide to increase your profits, such as new products and, in the case of an online game, new servers.

I would love the idea of a new system myself, but it is not logical to expect a business to give up its prime source of profit.
  • Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    While the low level^^ may be a bit correct...
    Most people would be willing to shell out the Cash for what they want... not for Random packs... So, they'd make more money that way... Here's why he's wrong... While the packs may cost 1 person $60 that guy sells all the dye he didn't want for in game currency. All those people who bought the dye from him would have paid x amt for the dye they wanted. Same amount of money or more would be made it's that simple.
    Same as if they'd advertised the battle pack sale w/ the 15% more Zhen they'd have made a killing on people normally not buying to get the herc/phoenixes but since most bought the Zhen then the packs on day one.... few were getting it on Battlepack sale day... Sure a few bought more but it defiantly wasn't more then 10 people I saw on for the 8 hours who got herc/nixes when, I was on last Sunday..
  • FangJingShan - Lost City
    FangJingShan - Lost City Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Yes, people would be willing to pay more for that dye they want. But you also forget that while that guy is going to sell those extra dyes he doesn't want, others make a profit by buying and selling the random dyes. This then makes it so that those random dyes are bought even more often just to sell for in game money, and because people who buy these from players can't be guaranteed of getting the color they want, they end up having to buy even more from the player, causing the player to buy more to sell.

You are certainly right that the pet battlepacks and zen bonus sales should have been together, but I'm sure that a lot of people simply bought what battlepacks they could afford, but simply didn't get enough to get Hercules or Phoenix.

Also, not a low level. I just prefer to use a low level avatar because it is a character I don't use and I'd rather not have people associate myself on the forums with myself in game, mostly because when I did that with GunzFactor forums, people kept PMing me in game.
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I spend alot in the catshop on random dyes ... knowing they were random but eventually I would get colors to match. I ended up purchasing aqua pigments from players in W.Arch, which would have been about 6x cheaper if I had done that from the beginning. (This is a rant on random dyes)
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)
  • solarraa
    solarraa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    THESE DYES FREAKING SUCK!!! I want to buy the color I want! I would pay an extra gold to get my clothes the color I want.
  • Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yeah I guess my post didn't say that I agree to it... So, to make it clear petition is Signed!