Which class is the best one for grind?! (PvE)

dabrozwadowski
dabrozwadowski Posts: 25 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hello.

Like the topic says.

I want to know which class to choose for grinding/fast lvling.

I made a axe/hammer Blademaster already but I'm not sure if it's good choice...
He's pretty weak (4 str 1 dex build each lvl)...

I don't worry for PvP/TW etc.

I just want to know which class would be the best for killing mobs to gain exp.

Post edited by dabrozwadowski on

Comments

• Bolen - Dreamweaver
    Bolen - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Hello,
    Well I'm very "Newbish" to Perfect World
    Just to get that out of the way ! :0P

I chose an Archer and I really like it so far..
    You can wear a medium armor if you balance your points right.
    Good DPS till the enemy gets on you, then decent melee ability.
    I lag a bit on weapon upgrade cause I build my strength up a bit to wear my mid armor and wield a good enough hand to hand.
    The quest weapon goes along way can use @ lvl 14 I believe..I'm still using it @ lvl 20
    I hit it in about a week bout 5 hrs a day average..I learned the hard way questing really helps a ton.

Well Good Luck !

~ B
  • detrimentalist
    detrimentalist Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Hello.

Like the topic says.

veno

then bm

your bm build is off
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Best class to grind fast and cheap => veno
    BM seems to do well, but especially after lvl60.

On your build: I suggest you change it a bit. You can choose between 4 type of weapon builds. Choose one, and follow the min requirements in str and dex for it. (check BM section on the forum to help you choose and look for the build) I'm quite sure that the weapon with the lowest dex requirement is axe/hammer (1 dex and 6 str every 2 lvl). Try to get some vit as well: you are a melee class after all.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I would say veno's are rather slow to level unless you have a herc/phoenix. From observation archers and clerics seem to kill fastest, tho Ive heard this comes at a cost.
  • Minta - Dreamweaver
    Minta - Dreamweaver Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    for axe bm go 1vit,1dex,3str per lvl
    u need hp to aoe grind, can start aoe grind at lvl 45
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    It depends your reason for grinding. Many people grind to ge xp, mats, spirits for themselves. If so, the best is the veno since they can kill mobs way higher than their levels.
    No need to say, that some of their pets can move quickly from mob to mob (like the bee).

However, if you are grinding to help out a noob on a quest, other classes could be better than veno for that.
  • dabrozwadowski
    dabrozwadowski Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Heh... I deleted my BM and started a Cleric...

It's not easy...

It's VERY(!!!) expensive....

But I'll be useful in party :)
    After hard beginings I'll be able to help ppl - that's cool I think :)
  • Shoesicle - Heavens Tear
    Shoesicle - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I have a lvl 65 Veno, and i would have to say, grinding with a veno is easy, concidering, i can grind about 150k xp in an hour, without an XP scroll.
  • Crusaderr - Heavens Tear
    Crusaderr - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Judging from my experience i can say Bm`s are one of the best in solo grinding.I personally grinded 100k xp in one hour yesterday ... in order to lvl up to 59 ..without using pots..only my sutra :)
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I would say veno's are rather slow to level unless you have a herc/phoenix. From observation archers and clerics seem to kill fastest, tho Ive heard this comes at a cost.

Venos are the fastest grinding. Never runs out of mana or need pots (hp recover, switch, mp recover), pet takes all damage = nonstop grinding. Pet takes hits, no hp damage or armor repair. You don't need herc or phoenix for grinding, just a free/almost free golem. Low cost, high speed grinding.

A common mistake for venos is they don't hit the mob, letting pet do all the work, the heal it. MP is free anyway, hit the mob. Upgrade bash if your golem lose aggro. Phoenix is not needed. You deal damage, not pet, you're a far better damage dealer than pet.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Venomancers are not fastest levelers.

Clerics can AoE grind poison mobs without racking up a reapir bill since poison does not damage gear.

Axe BMs can Insanely AoE grind tho with huge repair bills.

BM = Fastest
    Cleric = 2nd faster + cheaper
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Xvegas - Heavens Tear
    Xvegas - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The only thing i can recommend is not to choose an Archer.

They become very expensive, mainly because they just suck down potions because they are very squishy and have low mana.

Even though they can have some pretty amazing damage. ;)
  • Goldian - Dreamweaver
    Goldian - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Archers are the fastest

Barbs are the slowest

About the noob that posted before me, if you CAN play your archer you wont burn pots/charms like he does .. lmao
  • IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
    IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    What you can do, make a veno, lvl it, get a pet and lvl it to ur lvl (if ur 40+ and its land pet u should go in cube room 4 with the stones that u 1 hit em, pet gets 10 exp if loyality tame and 15 if loyal) then keep lvling him and you can then kill mobs 10 or even 20 levels above u if u use the pet to tank them, like I did at 48 with Foxwing Supremes b:victory.
    My sig is gone cus lol b:bye
  • mster221
    mster221 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    you know what i mean by looking at the question and please use a lot of details to support your topic.
  • Snowycookie - Sanctuary
    Snowycookie - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Venomancer is slow to lvl but good for grinding because u got a pet that takes the damage and its also a 2nd damage dealer. Also their pot costs r low due to their mp and hp control skills. Its pretty much what playing style u enjoy the most, if u like melee I suggest u to be BM and if u like ranged/magic I suggest venomancer. Also assassins r good for grinding on high lvls because of their high aps and stealth. I hope this helped. :)
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Archers are the fastest

Barbs are the slowest

About the noob that posted before me, if you CAN play your archer you wont burn pots/charms like he does .. lmao

^^ this for truth, in most standard scenarios.

There are some places where bms can aoe grind efficiently, and with bp cheaply too. But in most cases archer can grind just as fast killing one at a time as a bm aoe'ing. Due to archer not having to move, and an overall lack of good aoe'ing places in pw which puts a limitation to how many mobs a bm can aoe, and speed of gathering the mobs.

Same scenario of bm when compareing archer to clerics aoe grinding poison mobs.

For veno atleast there used to be OHT grinding where pets didn't have dmg reduced which gave a large edge. But outside of that veno's lack DPS even though they are cheaper. And with newer higher end gear. the OHT grinding isn't a big deal.

But then comparing all of those, Archer not only in my mind wins with speed. But also with versatility, in the fact that it doesn't have to find poison mobs, or melee mobs in order to grind efficiently.
  • livancicbre
    livancicbre Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Come visit me at Dreamwaver, ill show you just how "slow" barbs are ;)
    Or i can just write it down..
    Get a bp, buff urself.
    Pull, bestial rage, invoke, human form aoe-s, arma (bp will heal you don't worry) and BAM they all dead.
    Yush, barbs are the slowest, cheap talk from someone who obviously has no idea.
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Come visit me at Dreamwaver, ill show you just how "slow" barbs are ;)
    Or i can just write it down..
    Get a bp, buff urself.
    Pull, bestial rage, invoke, human form aoe-s, arma (bp will heal you don't worry) and BAM they all dead.
    Yush, barbs are the slowest, cheap talk from someone who obviously has no idea.

when first reading this I figured you were talking about VoS aoe grinding (which really doesn't count since pretty much any class can aoe grind there), but seeing you're lvl 89 on coreconnect I'm actually really curious to know more. Think you could load a video of it? or can you explain more about what mobs/where you're grinding?
  • Lucrecia - Momaganon
    Lucrecia - Momaganon Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Did i miss something or did nobody say Seeker? Oo

I mean really, great defense , great AoEs and you can keep it up as long as you want.

So if you got the money for a mp charm i would say Seeker (+someone who gives you Bloodpaint when your doing hard mobs) you can kill many many mobs. And the repair costs you need to pay are worth it.

My seeker on 88 had to pay about 120k repair costs while grinding, but i made more than 250k half an hour. And it was fun and fast!
    Do you believe in life before death?
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Most of the thread is from 2009.
    I mean really, great defense , great AoEs and you can keep it up as long as you want.

Can be said for any class but Cleric.
    So if you got the money for a mp charm i would say Seeker (+someone who gives you Bloodpaint when your doing hard mobs) you can kill many many mobs. And the repair costs you need to pay are worth it.

But there are many other classes that don't need MP charm or repairs to do the same thing, and they don't need BP.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    GallaxXIII - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Seeker!!!!

get over 40m in 16 days.

Grinded approx 4000 DQ
    Objective: Complete
  • GilgamCly - Raging Tide
    GilgamCly - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hello.

Like the topic says.

The Seeker class is my choice for top Grinding. WHy? Because of AOE attack skills and Vortex.
    Even on just doing devines killing is done in record time. Mob runs, no problem, most seekers's attack skills fire from a distance and you can freeze them.
    The best time for grinding is when they have 2X drops. I do not grind for EXP for my seeker because there are better ways to get EXP but I have leveled a low level charater in squadmode, hovering and following just above me.

This what I do.... I plan a route that will work in alotted time, Target 1st mob and start running at them the get their Argo use Holy Path or Unfedder for speed so mobs will not reset (I don't use Alpha Male but it might help) . Timing is everything. Gather as many mobs as you can and head back to the first mob you argoed. Going to the 1st mob is important because it is the determining factor mobs possibly resetting(Yellow Bubling). Whike running back to 1st mob I sometimes target a new mob in case I have stretched the pull time to much.
    Start your AOE damage skills or use Vortex. Using a Macro for you AOE attack skills is a must. I like to avoid using vortex because it takes to much time to start (even if you speed it up) and uses to much chi (save Chi for an emergency). I try to pick up all my drops, while you're doing this the mobs respawn and your ready to go again. Simple and Easy.
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

My seeker on 88 had to pay about 120k repair costs while grinding, but i made more than 250k half an hour. And it was fun and fast!

At 88 my archer could make 250K an hour with almost no repair costs and no charm and very few pots.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Rubride - Lost City
    Rubride - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    When it comes to grinding, I like Veno. Venos are one of the best solo classes in the game.
    Getting back onto PWI again. Should be fun XD

Rubride - Lv100 Sage Amp Veno (2nd Reborn)
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Just because this thread got necroed, i arise to b:bye.

Any class can aoe grind very effectively. It's just a matter of whether you want to refine your gear for that level or not. Want to acquire the best gear and shards for that level or not. If you are wearing gear 5~30 lvls below your lvl, sure you can aoe grind, but won't be as easy, as someone wearing same level gear at +10 b:dirty.

Skill damage only goes so far in aoe fest if your weapon is horrible. If you don't learn to combo skills, use genie skills, aoe won't be fun or quick. Especially as a bm. You can pretty much 2 shot any mob with decent axes, hf (current lvl), mire, fissure (current lvl). Add in other aoe if the mob lives.

A bm build usually goes 3 str, 2 dex, with dex usually capped at 200 or 220 green. No vit, no magic. Refine gear for hp.
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Archers are the fastest

Barbs are the slowest

this may be true in lower lvls, were barbarians damage is fairly low -
    but after lvl 100 . Barbarians damage is just .....
    well in a different league to other characters.

Dont think there is an instance that i cannot 1 - 2 shot massive pulls.

In reply to opener ->

Venos are great for solo on a few mobs at a time, can do it without very little if not no expense at all.

Seekers are great in the aoe department when it comes to solo, at a price though - high mp use.

Bms are very diverse- they can have nice single dps and fairly good aoe damage. Overall i would say Bms are the better aoe grinders.

Psy, can be very good aoe grinders - but higher MP cost and that AA can prove to be difficult sometimes.

Wiz have a nice Constant aoe damage , and again same argument about AA and mp .

Archers - are best of both. Nice aoe dps , but wears LA and mp use-age again.
  • FieryBlade - Harshlands
    FieryBlade - Harshlands Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    too many necros ...
    [SIGPIC]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/502x102q90/690/fierybladesigna.png[/SIGPIC]

Sig made by me f:sneakyf:despise

I don't have a bad attitude, I just have a personality you don't like
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Multi-Necro!

inb4loc-- Oh right I can lock those now... well that's rather convenient! Anyone wanna guess what happens to this thread now? b:cute
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.