Swamp of wraiths and pets

Niamy - Sanctuary
Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Hya ^^,

Today i was doing a quest in sqamp of wraiths and when i try to kill a mob just was in the water my pet can't go to tank that mob... ok, i think i use a water pet... but NO... i think this parts of swamp of wraiths it's bugges, bcause i cant use land or water pets and i consider just the "water" there must no be consider underwater for land pets(in fact like i say before can't use water pet so, isn't underwater zone too, is... non-type zone?) bcause the mobs inside them re LAND mobs.

b:bye
[SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
Venomancer 82
Cleric 55
Barbarian 32
Wizard 54
Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
Post edited by Niamy - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Sophia - Harshlands
    Sophia - Harshlands Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    it's an old bug, pretty much the only part of the game where venos struggle for quests/grind.
    Pendulum's definition of fair fight:
    Copy and paste: img12.imageshack.us/img12/4148/lolzpendulum.jpg
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.
    "You're the worst mage ever" - Iffy 5 mins before I roll her 1 on 1

We should keep that in mind next time you're crying in sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • Salvia - Heavens Tear
    Salvia - Heavens Tear Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    This is slightly annoying I found out while in Swamp of the Wraiths. But as long as your character doesn't walk into the water your land pet is still able to go into the water to fight the mobs. If worst comes to worse you can always use an air pet. It would be nice to have this issue worked out though so our land pets can go in the puddles. xD
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=968287001[/SIGPIC]
    ________Evil is calling her name. . .and she is answering________
    _____________________"Take me away."____________________
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    This is slightly annoying I found out while in Swamp of the Wraiths. But as long as your character doesn't walk into the water your land pet is still able to go into the water to fight the mobs. If worst comes to worse you can always use an air pet. It would be nice to have this issue worked out though so our land pets can go in the puddles. xD
    Air pets also get unsummoned.
  • Salvia - Heavens Tear
    Salvia - Heavens Tear Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    jemima wrote: »
    Air pets also get unsummoned.

Not if you're flying. *lol* As long as you don't let your character stand in the water your pets won't unsummon.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=968287001[/SIGPIC]
    ________Evil is calling her name. . .and she is answering________
    _____________________"Take me away."____________________
  • bzbee
    bzbee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yes, but if you are in the air, your damage is reduced on land mobs. =\

As someone mentioned your pet only unsummons when you walk into some parts of the water. After a few mobs, you can generally see where those problem spots were and try to avoid them. Otherwise you can always use the pulling method. Takes abit longer but beats having to resummon your pet all the time.
    Phoenix plume count: 2450 b:sad

I want the phoenix because I think its pretty. b:cute
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    what worked for me is this.. measure the water height with a pair of fairy boots. If the water goes above the boots your pet will recall. I'm dead serious. Once i figured that out, i never had a pet recall again.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I absolutely hate the swamps. When I had to level there, I pretty much only stood on any patch of ground I saw, jumping from one patch to another so my pet didn't stow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I found that it recalled my pet even when I was only ankle deep in the water (ie lower than fairy boots) so I for a quest there, I just waited for the mobs that respawned on the land and took them, as it did kill me once or twice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Its pretty annoying but here is the basics...

If your char is on dry land the pet can go into the water with no problems, even way over his head.
    If your char stands in the water thats only ankle deep your pet might stay out but lots of time it will still vanish.
    If you stand on a rock in the middle of the water(ie you are aove the waterline) your pet wont vanish.

soo just move from one highpoint to the next and send your pet into the wet bits to lure mobs closer if u cant directly reach them.