Getting hit extremely hard

erich3366
erich3366 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Wizard
I cannot do quests, nor kill more then 1 mob at a time, without dieing. I need some more HP, where may I get more?
(I considered HP equipment, but I don't know how to get equips with sockets)
Post edited by erich3366 on

Comments

• Anubisdrak - Sanctuary
    Anubisdrak - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    First off you should either put some into vit or just put it all into mag. with more vit you stand by yourself for awhile or with alot of mag you can hit hard enough to do enough damage that you wont need to heal.

As for sockets you need socket stones which can be expensive so my advice would be to attack lower level mobs that you can take until youve got enough mag or vit to hold your own, and make as much cash as you can once you learn and level up your skills you'll see why us wizards aren't to be messed with (at high levels :P)
    Wiz: Joins squad
    Wiz: Wiz is silent... <--code of honor kill quick and leave without saying a word.
    Wiz: Stays in back incase they pull aggro (better for mob to run towards you then to be next to you, gives squad time to pull aggro from you)
    Wiz: Wiz happens to pull aggro
    Wiz: Wiz stands ground
    Wiz: Wiz kills mob/ or is killed by mob
    Wiz: Honorable death is seen by squad

<likes that xD, im either the quiet one or the active avid talker ;D
  • Ishmah - Sanctuary
    Ishmah - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    erich3366 wrote: »
    I cannot do quests, nor kill more then 1 mob at a time, without dieing. I need some more HP, where may I get more?

You have not given enough information to give advice.

More HP may be one solution. Another is better gear including shards. Yet another might be to increase attack so mobs are dead before they get a chance to hit you.
  • Optimeau - Heavens Tear
    Optimeau - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    erich,

what is your level and build (arcane/light)?

Optimeau
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If you're gonna make a wiz you might aswell put all the points into mag. A little bit of vit points won't make a difference. Enough to make a difference would gimp your damage.

It's all or nothing with a wiz man. =/
  • erich3366
    erich3366 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I am doing a pure build.
  • __Longshot__ - Sanctuary
    __Longshot__ - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You could always wait a level or 2 to do the quests.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    avoid being hit on all cost. you're squishy, being hit puts your life at risk.

gush -> run.
    find a comfortable combo that kills them before they can get to you. if it takes more than 4 hits, they have the chance to hit you. 4 hit combos usually start with a longer-channeling skill(like stone rain), ending in something fast(like gush).
  • Mosa - Harshlands
    Mosa - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    avoid being hit on all cost. you're squishy, being hit puts your life at risk.

gush -> run.
    find a comfortable combo that kills them before they can get to you. if it takes more than 4 hits, they have the chance to hit you. 4 hit combos usually start with a longer-channeling skill(like stone rain), ending in something fast(like gush).

Forp is one of the few c;erics that are just not bashing the mages and trying to prove that they are better in everything.....I finally found one cleric I can respect.
    formerly known as mosabi-heaven's tear..

you know that wizard that kicked your **** b:victory..

now I just own wizards at the new servers b:victory
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    erich3366 wrote: »

I assume you're less than 20lvl? On my wizard I was 4 hitting mobs even though I was light armor build. I think your problem is that you have lower lvl items than you should or haven't lvled your skills, that does happen to new players sometimes.

If you're not new then just ignore what I said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    mages can almost never solo more than 1 mob without coming extremely close to dying
    unless u use pots/powder
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Soloing two mobs is easy if you get Blink, phoenix and FoW to decent levels.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    whats blink?
  • Mechsiao - Sanctuary
    Mechsiao - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Blink is distance shrink.

You need to get used to kiting in order prevent dying so much. At lower levels, gush and walk backwards. When you get distance shrink, it's a different story all together.
  • Dalamaar - Heavens Tear
    Dalamaar - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I put stats into my vit at a low level so I could live longer and not have to rely on someone to help me. I'd rather let a mob hit me and kill it then run away all the time.. I got my vit at 59 since I think around level 40 and havent touched it since.. Another good reason to put stats into your vit is so you dont tick your charm every time you get hit, if you do get a charm. I keep a charm on all the time to keep from dying, all that vit has saved me a fortune on charms, 4 boutique gold or 350k game gold per gold charm depending on which way you buy your charms..

Also I can not stress this enough, at low levels get gears with +pdef or +hp (+vit doesn't count unless it is +5 or more.. 1vit=10hp for wiz) blues and atleast 2socs and fill the socs with +hp or +pdef but dont mix.. if you go pdef use all pdef if you go hp all hp gems.. you shouldnt have much chance to do this until your 30+ though cause the cost can be quite high.. I would make the gear, use it until I could use the next one then sell it in the auction house..

hope that helps
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    take a peek at some of the guides here in the forums. LA is my prefrence, not everyones. Pure int and LA are the two standard builds. But like I said, take a look at some of the build guides.
This discussion has been closed.