Crazy gold prices!

blindeyesniper
blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
Gold was selling for around 130-140k yesterday. I Just checked right now and the lowest selling price is at 180k with 1 gold left and highest at 800k. What the heck is going on here?!?!
This is happening at Sanctuary BTW. What about other servers?
Post edited by blindeyesniper on

Comments

• tekyo
    tekyo Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Everyone, specifically the free loaders want to get their hands on gold just to buy the charm packs, they come with a extra charm plus a chance of getting a random great item. aka oracles or better.

Also the supply of gold seem to be a lot lower since the **** up patch.
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    it's the charm packs, they annouced it was going to be just for 2 weeks, and since everyone uses charms it's backfiring and making gold prices skyrocket.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    it's the charm packs, they annouced it was going to be just for 2 weeks, and since everyone uses charms it's backfiring and making gold prices skyrocket.
    I wouldn't say it's "backfiring". Unlike the last time gold prices jumped, this time it's for legitimate market reasons.

It's interesting to do the math and note that if you sell 15 gold in the AH at the currently inflated prices (~150k) and then go buy the charms at the currently deflated prices (~350k) in Archosaur, you can get 6+ charms instead of 5.

So ironically, the charm packs are triggering a series of market shifts that have made the charm packs a poorer value!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • kastun
    kastun Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    holy necro
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    nicely done sir
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I miss 180k gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    *kicks*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.