Why won't people buy multiflavor jiaozi?

Lolas - Heavens Tear
Lolas - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
I'm trying to sell multiflovor jiaozi for 400, and sesami yuanxiao for 500. Compared to regular potions this is a steal. a large hp potion cost 760, and returns 1000 hp. jiaozi costs 400 and returns 2500 hp. and at much earlier level. So over double the return, for almost 1/2 the price.

large mana potion cost 1250 and returns 1200. for Yuanxiao i charge 500, it returns 3000 mana. so even better deal here. almost 3 times the mana for close to 1/3 the cost. Also both can be used at level 25, instead of the large potions level 60.

For these prices I expected them to fly out of my shop. But they aren't selling at all. I know there is a glut of them now. but I haven't seen many for sale. And still see people going to apothocary. and even when I'm right beside him they buy from him.

If its just a matter of being educated on how good these are, then consider yourself educated ;)
Post edited by Lolas - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    It is just because they are so available right now.....there is not really a demand for them!

If you want to try and sell them wait a little while, but I think people will continue to buy regular pots because they do not think about the fact that these can be be much better in a crunch....

I would wait and see...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'm looking into obtaining a stack of these, particularly the sesame ones... but as RedRose mentioned, most people, like me, are looking for the best deal possible first.

So, either lower your prices or be patient. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'm looking into obtaining a stack of these, particularly the sesame ones... but as RedRose mentioned, most people, like me, are looking for the best deal possible first.

So, either lower your prices or be patient. :P

I don't think her prices are unreasonable....compare to regular pots bought from the Apoth....these are much better!

However...it is the supply and demand rule...more supply = less demand..b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, every time something is released like this, the economy gets frustratingly unstable for the longest time. We're still recovering from the drop in Mirage prices from the Christmas event, for instance. >_>

That said, I found 200 Multi-Jiaozi and 200 of its MP equivalent for 250 each today in west arch. I bought them all. Then a minute later I found someone selling over 1000 of them for 225. So... yeah. XD

Edit: I wasn't asking her to lower her prices, btw... it was just meant in a "suggestion" kind of way. Sorry if that was taken badly. :P

Side question: does anyone know the cooldown on them? I've never used one yet. Do they share a timer with each other, or anything else?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • Lolas - Heavens Tear
    Lolas - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I didn't take your comments badly. I will probably try to take the patient route. I can't imagine selling them for less than that.

Before going less than that, I will just use them on my alts. Or Hopefully all the people that are getting them now, will get addicted, and I can make good profit in a month or so.

But it still drives me nuts watching everyone go right by me, and pay more for less :)

As for your timer question. Hmm I have no idea. Maybe I should use a couple before trying to sell them.
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    They say you spit in it?
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    I've just come back from testing the jiaozis I bought... they're just like potions. Superpowered, supercheap potions. D:

Yeah, I'm gonna get a big stack of these for later. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • Vasflam - Lost City
    Vasflam - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    People are just focused on the events. Pretty sure the value of the jiaozi will go up after the event is done.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    ill buy em 600 coin each
  • Magna - Harshlands
    Magna - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I bought 880 sesami yuanxiao's from someone selling them for 250 each.

Very cheap ^_^
  • Lordexion - Lost City
    Lordexion - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'm trying to sell multiflovor jiaozi for 400, and sesami yuanxiao for 500. Compared to regular potions this is a steal. a large hp potion cost 760, and returns 1000 hp. jiaozi costs 400 and returns 2500 hp. and at much earlier level. So over double the return, for almost 1/2 the price.

large mana potion cost 1250 and returns 1200. for Yuanxiao i charge 500, it returns 3000 mana. so even better deal here. almost 3 times the mana for close to 1/3 the cost. Also both can be used at level 25, instead of the large potions level 60.

For these prices I expected them to fly out of my shop. But they aren't selling at all. I know there is a glut of them now. but I haven't seen many for sale. And still see people going to apothocary. and even when I'm right beside him they buy from him.

If its just a matter of being educated on how good these are, then consider yourself educated ;)

y aren't u in my serverb:sad i would probably buy allb:cry
  • faylon
    faylon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Check the cool-down time, then compare it with pots. Perhaps your answer is there.
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    Sophia - Harshlands Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    lol so people choose to heal 500 instead of 2.5k because of cooldown?
    b:surrender
    Pendulum's definition of fair fight:
    Copy and paste: img12.imageshack.us/img12/4148/lolzpendulum.jpg
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.
    "You're the worst mage ever" - Iffy 5 mins before I roll her 1 on 1

We should keep that in mind next time you're crying in sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • faylon
    faylon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Nice safety device for a low level, or someone who cannot afford a Gold charm.
    Yes cool-down. Why depend on something that takes 30 seconds for the next heal. Pots take 10 seconds. A nice level 80 HP pot gives if i can remember, 1.5k hp with a 10 second cool-down. that is 3k in 20 seconds or 4.5k in 30.

If you want a real deal, then buy life powders. 50 hp per second for 10 minutes. they cost 2k-4k.

that is 30k hp over 10 minutes. I use them so my HP charm wont tick hardly ever with nonstop grinding.

Just to warn you, items that heal and have a 30 second cool-down.... they heal fast, leaving you with an over-heal, and 15 seconds to pray you don't die before the next heal. (which is why i said nice for safety ONLY)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I love them. Tested the event HP/MP items in a quick BB, and its usable unlike apoth items and not level restricted like the potions so even a base level BB-er will get the full 3k MP/10sec effect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i dont remember seeing these yet (sorry...mind lost in grinding and haven't moved out of tusk) but if it has a separate cd with healing pots, it can potentially save **** in a pinch in conjunction w/ heal pots (like very high stacked dot)

anyway i'd buy it for yer price, too bad im in sanct
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i would buy up all someones sesame stuff (mp one) if they were on the same server and were selling it for a good price (for my cleric) :)
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'll buy them at 500 each. 300 of the mp ones heals the same mp as a gold charm. It's basically a manual gold charm at less than half the price.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    ok...they share cd w/ normal pots, but the cd is 10s not 30s. i bought like 500 of each and now its my manual hiero.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    On Heaven's Tear, I am seeing players selling the event food for 200 coins. So, Lady Lola, though your prices are great compared to normal potions, they are not the best compared to other sellers.

After the event is over, I'm certain your prices will be considered fair.

Personally, I am spending my money on Guardian Angels, so that I can gamble and get other items from Jolly Old Jones. I already have over 1500 of each jiaozi and yuanxiao, so I don't think I need any more, unless I make more characters.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    more stuff to fill my inv? no thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I just do not buy them when advertised for these two reasons 1) I can never find the cat shops among all the other cats in Arch and 2) I had no idea what they were to begin with lol.
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    To put the MP pots into perspective 200 x 3000 = 600,000 = gold MP charm.
    Of course a gold MP charm is lazy man's mana, but the jiaozi are far more economical considering they cost all of 35-40k from a spring pack.
    I like pie
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    To put the MP pots into perspective 200 x 3000 = 600,000 = gold MP charm.
    Of course a gold MP charm is lazy man's mana, but the jiaozi are far more economical considering they cost all of 35-40k from a spring pack.

Gold MP charm = 900,000 MP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Gold MP charm = 900,000 MP

quite true b:surrender
    I like pie
  • Waittilli - Lost City
    Waittilli - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    reason why I bought 20k for 200-300
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    if ya dont want them u can always mail me them lol
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2009

Simplest reason is that your prices are too high. For a single guardian angel you get 200 of those. A GA costs 30 silver in the cash shop (29 if you buy the 10-pack). Even at the current inflated price of 120k per gold, that works out to 36k per GA. 36k / 200 = 180 coin each.

So people aren't buying it at your price because it's much cheaper to get it themselves via the quest for a little extra work. Once the event is over and you can't get them from the quest anymore, then you can expect to see their price start to go up to something approaching potions, mantou, and charms.

I think it's going to be a while for their price to go up though. 200 will last you a long time. My cleric needs to stop to med about every 10 minutes. So if I grind 2 hours a night and use one of these every 10 minutes, it'll take me about two weeks to burn through 200 of the sesame. And I've picked up about 2000 of them, so they should last me about 5 months before I go looking to buy more.
  • mokkun
    mokkun Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I have about 50k of those MP ones b:surrender
    But yeah, for the moment (on HT anyway) the prices range from 150 to 300 coins on average. Wait a little while, the prices will probably go up once the event is over.
  • Darkaina - Heavens Tear
    Darkaina - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Side question: does anyone know the cooldown on them? I've never used one yet. Do they share a timer with each other, or anything else?

MP and HP Foods have different timers.