What is so wrong in having lvl1 revive?

Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Cleric
Really now, some people in my guild pissed me off today because my revive is only lvl1, why the heck would I lvl my revive when I still haven't maxed my buffs?

Plume shot, great cyclone, ironheart, and my buffs are maxed and no money nor SP to get anything else. They expect me to have ALL my spells max lvl, like revive will ever come in handy to me - give me money and I will learn it ffs. It's never MY fault when they pull 5 mobs each of them when they do fbs.... and still i keep them alive... bah!

Do you guys have the same problems? Cuz it really pisses me off when people judge my style of playing or consider me to be a pure healer thing that goes all over the map healing and reving n00bs that got themselves killed...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Mikel_oru - Sanctuary on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    It is just because people want to save the exp and not have to call a different cleric if you are with them!

Selfishness!

I have personally chosen to level my Revive, and even at 9, it is not good enough...lol.

Oh well, then they can lay there and wait or they can go get some Angels. It does not matter to me, one less thing I have to do!

Also, I do not fly all over the map reviving people! If you are close..ok! But otherwise...sry.

Keep it at whatever you want, but I can tell you this....you will eventually want to get it up if you want to party with high levels in "high death" missions...this is in my experience!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Really now, some people in my guild pissed me off today because my revive is only lvl1, why the heck would I lvl my revive when I still haven't maxed my buffs?

Plume shot, great cyclone, ironheart, and my buffs are maxed and no money nor SP to get anything else. They expect me to have ALL my spells max lvl, like revive will ever come in handy to me - give me money and I will learn it ffs. It's never MY fault when they pull 5 mobs each of them when they do fbs.... and still i keep them alive... bah!

Do you guys have the same problems? Cuz it really pisses me off when people judge my style of playing or consider me to be a pure healer thing that goes all over the map healing and reving n00bs that got themselves killed...

At higher levels the difference is quite large. Revive at level one really only brings them back to life and spares them a long run back from town. The xp loss is more or less the same. That loss for someone 70+ means several hours or even days grinding to get it back. That tends to irritate people.

No-one sets out to do a suicide run. Even in a perfect party accidents happen occasionally. This is what convinced me to bring my revive up to 10 at the loss of a rather large chunk of sp and coin. I appreciated it when someone revived me with lvl 10 and I only lost .2% as opposed too 6-7%
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i said this in a similar thread:

let's say my friend is level 85. at level 85, when you die you lose 2% exp. .1% is equivalent to 15 monster kills(normal mobs, not special or underwater). assuming he went back to town, or got resurrected by someone with level 1 revive, he would have lost 300 kills(.1% = 15; 1% = 150; 2% = 1% x2, which = 300).

and i don't know about you, but 300 kills doesn't come quickly.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Sure it will be usefull later on but in case you haven't noticed I'm lvl 54 not even TT runs yet -_-
    And anyways you can't demand from someone to do something for you, it's plain rude - that's my problem!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Sure it will be usefull later on but in case you haven't noticed I'm lvl 54 not even TT runs yet -_-
    And anyways you can't demand from someone to do something for you, it's plain rude - that's my problem!

Then ignore them and go on your way....Just because someone demands something does not mean you have to give in.

We are just suggesting that you begin to think about leveling it when you can.

But until then, its your choice to make.......be it good or bad...its your Cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I plan on leaving Revive at lvl1 until my buffs and heals are maxed. I woudn't worry about what others think.
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'll NEVER go to the other side of the map just in order to res someone, nor would I expect someone to do the same for me (well maybe my wifey xP). Yeah sure, if a guildie or someone on my FL asks for a res and they're 2 clicks away it's a done deal, but otherwise ya right. Tbh, I never had anyone even ask if they can see I'm nowhere near.

As for your res, yeah you should level it, and your squad has the right to be pissed off if you didn't imho. Noone's expecting you to be the 'pure healer or run across the map buffing and ressing people'. But when going into an fb/tt with you people DO expect you to be up to date. And 54 isn't THAT low. If you only leveled plume shot/cyclone/ironheart and the buffs you should have more than enough SP to invest in revive. Unless you leveled purely off crazy stone 30-54. Seals at your level are worthless. Purify beyond lvl1 is pretty much worthless. Hell guardians seal is pretty much worthless. Give you the money for it? Do you expect a barb to tell you to give him money to level his flesh ream so he can keep aggro? Or the DDs to give them money to level their nukes? I mean if you're fine with soloing your way through the levels fine, leave it at level one. But if you expect to get something out of squading with people (be it for an fb or otherwise), be ready to give something in return. Seriously I hope you lvl1 res at lvl60 people never get ressed by anything higher than a lvl1 res yourselves.
    b:dirty
  • Jandira - Sanctuary
    Jandira - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I know that I appreciate a higher lvl rez when I die. That's why I lvl mine as soon as I can. I just kind of look at it as that old "do unto others thing" and if I want my squad mates to do their best, then I want to do my best for my squad or faction.

Just my way of playing. You play your way. I would say that you should always be honest and up front with your lvl 1 rez before squadding so that dead squad members are aware before going in what to expect from you.
  • Mr_Grip - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Grip - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    at your lvl I would expect you to have higher than lvl 1 res, but to each they're own I suppose. At lvl 61 (almost 62) I have most of my buffs maxed and my aoe buffs(excluding regen it's lvl 7) my attack spells are maxed (excluding wield thunder it's lvl 3) and even have my debuffs up a few lvls. My res is lvl 8 and will be ten before lvl 65. I see no reason why you couldn't bring it up to lvl 5 at least, lvl 6 saves 50% of the exp lost.

I have no problems with either money or spirit, I easily solo and make a damned good healer/buffer in parties. I do come across some people who look down on my lvl 8 res, but they don't complain when my healing is so strong and I can debuff bosses.

But to stay on point, your going to need a higher res if you ever expect to get invites to TT's or FB's, I wouldn't bother with you as a back up healer or DD without a decent res.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Like Ninnuam said, I lvl mainly with crazy stone, so I don't grind much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Like Ninnuam said, I lvl mainly with crazy stone, so I don't grind much.

oooo...you are going to have to start grinding!

Grinding = coins, spirit and levels
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    oooo...you are going to have to start grinding!

Grinding = coins, spirit and levels

I would but unlike most people my time is limited.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eorween - Heavens Tear
    Eorween - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    GUARDIAN ANGEL.

dont know what it is?? ..you should quit.

pay for you exp if you so worry about loosing it.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    GUARDIAN ANGEL.

LMAO....so true...I am a carrier always, just in case! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Honestly, my res was lv1 until like lv68. I've had to res people with in in fbs sometimes, but I've never really had anyone yell at me. Maybe that's cuz I always told them beforehand to not go crazy with the aggro party cuz my res is only lv1.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    GUARDIAN ANGEL.

I know yeah... lol
    Money spending should go both ways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Dollet - Sanctuary
    Dollet - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Mikel, if people are under appreciating you and treating you rudely, leave them. Whether it be your guild or a random squad. There will be other groups that are more considerate. You're in a role that is already inherently selfless. I think that if people believe they're justified in treating you poorly because you don't rez perfectly, they can deal with no rez at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Mikel, if people are under appreciating you and treating you rudely, leave them. Whether it be your guild or a random squad. There will be other groups that are more considerate. You're in a role that is already inherently selfless. I think that if people believe they're justified in treating you poorly because you don't rez perfectly, they can deal with no rez at all.

So true, I just felt the need to mention it in the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If someone wants me to fly to end of map to revive them, I ask myself this, "If it was me would they fly half way across map to revive me" if the answer is yes I'll revive them. Look Revive is one of the cheapest skills to max out and frankly I ignored revive untill level 70 and I maxed it, I hate seeing my friends die especially when I AoE grind with my level 80BM who runs through Angels, since he shares the drops with me least I can do I revive him when he needs it.

All you people that say " Guardian Angel get one whatever " well there are no time for selfish people like you REVIVE IS CHEAP just level it, I got it because I like to give my friends good Revives not **** ones yeah sure random stranger " GO get a GA " fair enough whatever but if it's your friend and you tell him "Don't annoy me get a GA" then you're just a bad friend because Revive as I said IS cheap plenty of people say to level it, life on my 20/20/20, the people help died several times and what sucked was they lost exp while helping me and that is why I made my rez level 10.

If you can't spend a little bit of SP and COIN why should anyone help you kill Jewel or help with your 20x3? Barbs pay for Reapirs when they tank for you, when I AoE grind with my level 80bm friend I get about 200k of DQ, the least I can do is save him 30k GA don't you agree?
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • slugsly2
    slugsly2 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    In other games I've played cleric could revive themselves. That would be cool if it worked that way here as well... won't ever happen though of course
  • Nayethe - Lost City
    Nayethe - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Well, I never get a rez, but I'm too impatient just to lay there!

Plus, needing a few more kills means extra time to gather money for my very expensive gear. Sure it sucks to lose XP, but... I may be crazy for saying this, but there is a bright side to dying a few times, if you're patient.

More on topic, though. My rez is almost maxed. It's level 8 as of now, and will be maxed soon, mostly because I'm incurably nice and always rez everyone I see dead. Plus, I know that my guildmates appreciate it a lot, since many of them are in a bigger hurry to level than I am! That's not to mention FB and TT parties, where people need to stay alive. That's also not to mention random people on the map... I know they appreciate the rez, too.

Enough rambling! Those are my thoughts!
    Nayethe - 7x Combat Cleric
    ~Reviction~
  • Mrfinland - Harshlands
    Mrfinland - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i try to have ress as high as possible.

but however, i will never skip levelling my more important skills just because ress could be one level higher.

plume shot, ironheart and the def buffs always go first
    ---> MrFinland <---
    > Cleric <
    ----> Crimson <----
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    plume shot, ironheart and the def buffs always go first

I would add spirit's gift and great cyclone in that list if I were you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceitsoul_ - Heavens Tear
    Deceitsoul_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2009

yours skills are always important over that, only get that up when you have sp for it, i have mine on 5 or 6 i beleive, just to be nice but ya. if someone cant deal with that lv1 rez then just ignore it, there is nothing wrong with it. they should be greatful to even get a rez if you ask me. Do what your doing, dont let people hold you back in what you think is right.
    A Faction leader is not just someone that helps the faction its self, but also gives back and helps the world. *If not then what kind of leader are you ?o.0

*Faction or not -help those in need.*
    Let me know if i can be of any help in anyway, Im up for just about anything.b:victory
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    I would add spirit's gift and great cyclone in that list if I were you.

spirit's gift is not an end-your-life priority. it can wait until you're important defense buffs are maxed.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    spirit's gift is not an end-your-life priority. it can wait until you're important defense buffs are maxed.

Let's see...60% mAtk bonus -vs- 30% bonus with a debuff.

Step away from the cheap crack bro. It's bad for you mmmmkay?
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    By defense buffs he meant Vanguard and Magic Shell
  • Mrfinland - Harshlands
    Mrfinland - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    yea of course i meant the buffs that increase defence.

who would ever care for the debuffs below level 70... other skills definately have a priority there.

first get plume, ironheart and the +def buffs maxed, then finish maxing cyclone and the two other buffs.

first after that i put any real effort in getting ress levelled.
    ---> MrFinland <---
    > Cleric <
    ----> Crimson <----
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009

70% m-atk actually :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009

Step away from the cheap crack bro. It's bad for you mmmmkay?

+60% physical and magic defense is your highest priority in buffs. Those are the essentials as every class needs them - only 2 use magic attack buff.