Whats the best overall class? Looking for Pro opinions on Classes.

clu3
clu3 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
Greetings, im a new to this game, but not mmos. I've played Wow for about 3 or 4 years. Needless to say I quit and after several months I'm looking for a mmo, being a university student I'm more interested in free mmos so I found this one. It looks promising, skill bars, wasd controls for movement and the possiblity for something fun. First off I'd like to say I have experence with all types of gameplay, from kiting, tanking, healing, casters, mele dps, aoeing, and competative pvp. I consider myself a semi-Pro player in both pve and pvp. My main interests are pvp, but I enjoy the phat loot bosses give as well. I take no pref for either.

(Sorry for any semi repeated questions. =D)
I was wondering what class has the most viablitiy for pvp mostly, but able to still do good damage even with pvp stats. From my understanding pvp/pve stats are hugely different and many pure dpsers go for str/magic instead of vit which adds hp and def.

Generaly Im looking for a class that has the ability to beat any other class if played correctly with the stats and skills. EG: I dont wana spec to slay wizards if i can't do **** to BM or Barbs ect...

A class that can do good damage in a raid/group even with pvp stats and skills. Changing armor would be fine, im sure some items might be better for pure dps roles. Much like Hunters in wow useing leather armor just because it had more agi/crit/ap.

A class that pvp in groups as well as solo. I don't want to rely on a healer to do 1v1, and I want to still be viable in a group pvp situation.

A class that is wanted and usefull in pve, in regards of CC,buffs,dps, general support. BASED on a pvp spec.

A class that has no weakness but no major strengths. A class that is immune to the rock paper sissors effect. But is still good for pve. (Do they even exsist? lulzzzz)

Some not class related Questions:

Can you respec skills,stats and other? (EG: redistribute your skill/atribute points)

Are there snares in this game? Slowing effect ect?

Are there stupid bugs that allow people to oneshot people just because they know the correct combo of skills to do a million damage?

If so, what class is that? LOL.

Anyway I guess thats about it. Thank you for reading and thanks for replying in advanced! I'm also setting up a poll, just to see a more vast opinion.
Post edited by clu3 on

Comments

• Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    TBH a search could answer your questions.

I see this on every class forums. I don't know if you are opening multiple treads of the same topic. Moderators don't like that.

So you know.
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    x_x What Gran said. Please don't doublepost. Or triplepost. Or, well, you get the idea. Merged threads and moved to general discussion, which should have been used for this from the start.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    andracil wrote: »
    x_x What Gran said. Please don't doublepost. Or triplepost. Or, well, you get the idea. Merged threads and moved to general discussion, which should have been used for this from the start.

Can you delete some of those so no one has to scroll 10 miles of the same thing to reach the rest of the topic? Thanks :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • andracil
    edited March 2009
    Done before you even properly finished posting. The thread did look kinda stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You're gonna get a lot of werefox answers because everyone loves to hop on the bandwagon but an archer or werefox would be my choice from what you've said

archer: light armor (medium pdef and medium mdef)
    skills (both physical to pk low pdef classes and magic attacks to pk low mdef classes)
    pvp wise they are the best class for pvp beside werefox with phoenix
    pve wise they can solo grind easily and are definitely needed to dps bosses in dungeons

archers aren't immune to the rock paper scissors effect but they are definitely one of the most flexible classes
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Actually I think clerics are the best overall class. They're very good in PVP as well as PVE, have an easy time finding parties in game, do pretty good dps if they chose to as well as being the best supporting class. Their skills are pretty good; they make up for their squishiness with pretty good defensive skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • clu3
    edited March 2009
    You fail to realise that not everyone goes to general fourm. This is based on classes and Ive scanned much of the threads and I don't feel like wasting several MORE hours of my life for a simple awnser. Its not spam, its something alot of people could benifit from. ITs posed in all the different sub fourms because not everyone looks at every sub group. If I was a wizard that has played the game for 2 years I'd not likely be in the Blademaster fourm, looking at what they are doing. I'd be inside of the wizard fourm comparing stats and skill builds and armor and junk with the other intellegent people on the fourm. Not looking at how to stunlock on the BM fourm. Now you might be like "pplz hav altz nub" But your logic fails. Not every wizard has a alt. Therefore It would be like asking a specific minority what they think about something not the entire population. Anyway, I'm not sure If I should repost my topic to go for the truth, ultimitely geting banned and all posts removed. Or sit here and watch as my post gets carebear flamed by mods and the fanbois they've made. Ultimately geting no helpfull information at all because I'm only able to reach a small minorty of the entire community.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Your logic makes sense except that most people who ever use the forums look at General Discussions and the people who lurk only their own class forums without looking at the news here probably have heavily biased and misinformed opinions anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • clu3
    edited March 2009
    Thanks for the replys sofar, I encourage more people to respond to the questions ive asked. Inspite of the disagreement that I've had with the Mods. =P
  • clu3
    edited March 2009
    Humans are strange creatures, Its impossible to get any real truth out of them. Thats why I posted in every fourm. if one group is like. WE PWN, b/c.... and the other group says WE PWNNNN, I could easily tell what strengths and weakness each class had. Regardless what's done is done. Rules are rules I suppose. I put a good 10 minutes of work making the octet post! =*(
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Look, the general forums is where this belongs because that is where the widest cross section of players with the different classes are going to be. As you noted, most players who stick with a single class will post in the class forums much like they do on the WoW forums.

So, asking a general question: general forums.

Asking specific class questions: class forums.

Also, the mods are not flaming you, nor is anyone else.

As for the topic at hand, I currently prefer Venomancers, the pet class here.

clu3 wrote: »
    You fail to realise that not everyone goes to general fourm. This is based on classes and Ive scanned much of the threads and I don't feel like wasting several MORE hours of my life for a simple awnser. Its not spam, its something alot of people could benifit from. ITs posed in all the different sub fourms because not everyone looks at every sub group. If I was a wizard that has played the game for 2 years I'd not likely be in the Blademaster fourm, looking at what they are doing. I'd be inside of the wizard fourm comparing stats and skill builds and armor and junk with the other intellegent people on the fourm. Not looking at how to stunlock on the BM fourm. Now you might be like "pplz hav altz nub" But your logic fails. Not every wizard has a alt. Therefore It would be like asking a specific minority what they think about something not the entire population. Anyway, I'm not sure If I should repost my topic to go for the truth, ultimitely geting banned and all posts removed. Or sit here and watch as my post gets carebear flamed by mods and the fanbois they've made. Ultimately geting no helpfull information at all because I'm only able to reach a small minorty of the entire community.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andracil
    edited March 2009
    As said before, I moved it here because all classes check this board. This is, in fact, the board people check most when they're on here. And yes, posting in subforums would get you a biased opinion, resulting in Cleric getting the most votes on the Cleric board, for example.
    I'm not flaming you, nor am I telling you what to do. I'm just picking the best option, which would benefit you most, while applying the forum rules by removing the multiple threads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • clu3
    edited March 2009
    Its carebear flame. Like when your parrents tell you not to eat that or you'll get grounded.
  • devildee
    devildee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If a veno has a herc and pheonix then they are the best at everything. b:victory
  • Deathnote - Harshlands
    Deathnote - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    As Aesthor stated, most people look in here. and no matter where you'll go you'll get biased answers.

On Topic:

Blademasters are well rounded/strong enough to tank some, the only class you'll have issues killing is a Barbarian or other Blademasters.

If you want to be able to kill every class including your own class. Choose Archer they do physical/Magical damage and can even kill Barbarians.

They are sufficient in surviving almost anything but yet they dont excel anywhere as you would want except pretty high damage.

This answer is not biased because I'm a blademaster for life lol...
    Bringing fear and widespread random deaths into the Harshlands, that is my goal..

IGN: Shinigamii, WR

Death Note Rule #18
    A god of death cannot be killed even if stabbed in his heart with a knife or shot in the head with a gun. However, there are ways to kill a god of death, which are not generally known to the gods of death.
    edited March 2009
    devildee wrote: »
    If a veno has a herc and pheonix then they are the best at everything. b:victory

Shhh! Don't tell him that. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deathnote - Harshlands
    Deathnote - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Its carebear flame. Like when your parrents tell you not to eat that or you'll get grounded.

Kinda rude for a newbie? lol..
    Bringing fear and widespread random deaths into the Harshlands, that is my goal..

IGN: Shinigamii, WR

Death Note Rule #18
    A god of death cannot be killed even if stabbed in his heart with a knife or shot in the head with a gun. However, there are ways to kill a god of death, which are not generally known to the gods of death.
    edited March 2009
    Kinda rude for a newbie? lol..

PSST: he came from the WoW forums... I think that explains it... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If you want "best" it depends what you are talking about. A veno has the best PvE (herc) the best PVP (pheonix w/ bugged bleed skill), 3 self heal spells, and can level very fast.

However, playing a veno makes the game so easy its boring. Archers are more fun :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • clu3
    edited March 2009
    Alright thanks so far, It's kind of at a stalemate between BM,Veno and Archers. ATm im leaning to more of the archer side. Do archers have any crowd control at all? And venos have pets, so am i going to spend hours looking for a silly pet that I NEED to have in order to do anything.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    BM isn't that far above other classes to be considered the "best" class. They are most certainly the most flexible in build and equips, but these will incur weaknesses themselves. I'd still say cleric or veno is best to play with archers coming in only if you plan to PvP a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Seckskitten - Harshlands
    Seckskitten - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Venomancer with Herc+Phoenix.
    edited March 2009
    Alright thanks so far, It's kind of at a stalemate between BM,Veno and Archers. ATm im leaning to more of the archer side. Do archers have any crowd control at all? And venos have pets, so am i going to spend hours looking for a silly pet that I NEED to have in order to do anything.

Silly pet? You definitely won't like being a venomancer then.

As for CC: outside of stuns, slows and veno luring, it doesn't actually exist.

This isn't World of CC Craft.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear
    Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If you are new to MMORPG's I feel the best to start is a Blademaster ( a well rounded character), get a feel for the game and understanding of the skills. Each class is unique in their own on PWI. You can always make another class as your alt, after you get a true feel of the game. I started out as a BM, and then moved to a cleric. I am sooo glad I did this, because it has given me the knowlege of how to build a good character. I do know there is a lot of information under class specifics on the forums, and in your free time you may want to skim through them for they are very helpful. I have to say PWI is something you have to experience on your own, it's so different from most mmorpgs in my opinion.
    [SIGPIC]shylael.net/guildpics/vsigfinal.png[/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    If you are new to MMORPG's I feel the best to start is a Blademaster ( a well rounded character), get a feel for the game and understanding of the skills. Each class is unique in their own on PWI. You can always make another class as your alt, after you get a true feel of the game. I started out as a BM, and then moved to a cleric. I am sooo glad I did this, because it has given me the knowlege of how to build a good character. I do know there is a lot of information under class specifics on the forums, and in your free time you may want to skim through them for they are very helpful. I have to say PWI is something you have to experience on your own, it's so different from most mmorpgs in my opinion.

He isn't new to MMOs: he came straight from another one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keita - Heavens Tear
    Keita - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Omg, who voted for "All classes are balanced?" That is no where near true. Just think about us poor wizards.

As for the best overall class and going through your questions, I think cleric is best. Cleric is essential for most bosses and dungeons, especially the ones you access at 60+.

You are able to buff and heal yourself which is good for both PvE and PvP. And a shield that can absorb some damage in exchange for MP.

In PvP, arcane armor users you can kill using plume shot. Heavy armor users you could probably use magic against, although it may take a while since they are likely to have more HP. Light armors, like archers, may be a bit troublesome. But clerics have a sleep spell that render the target immobile, until they get hit or time runs out, giving time to heal yourself and/or set up a combo.

However, if you roll as a cleric, expect to be spending quite a bit on MP charms and/or pots.

If you're willing to spend like $400 on the game or spend a massive amount of coins in game, then become a venomancer. Obtain a phoenix and herc, and you'll be able to kill everyone and handle several of the dungeons and bosses by yourself.

I do think archers are probably best for PvP. Critical hits hurt... However in PvE, they are good DDs. However, they could easily steal aggro from the tank which could be quite dangerous. Plus there are many other DD classes that you would have to compete with in order to get into some dungeon instances.
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Blademaster is definitely the most varied class, but each individual build basically becomes a specialization with its own weaknesses. The Venomancer (aka werefox) is very powerful, but it's only really good if you can multitask well. Despite what everyone says, we aren't overpowered (except that Hercules and Phoenix, but those cost about $200 a piece in real cash). Yes, you will need a pet. Without a pet, the Veno is simply a really lame spellcaster. Wizards out damage us and get more MP, Clerics out damage us and can heal/buff themselves and others like nuts.

If you play a Venomancer, be prepared to solo most of the game. If you play a cleric, be prepared to party most of the game. If you play anything else, you'll probably be doing a good bit of both.

In PVP, archers rule, unless someone gets too close or they run out of MP.

For Parties, Clerics and Barbs are always in demand, with a sizable drop to BMs, Wizards, and Archers, and very little for Venomancers unless someone needs you to pull.

For Solo, nothing can solo like a Venomancer and pet. The Venomancer is basically a miniature party itself.

For money earning, you still probably want a Venomancer, as we get less maintenance than anyone.
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    PvE - Veno your a party unto yourself. w/ Magmite or Herc. Almost no repair bills and no pots req. Can do high level dungeons solo. ALWAYS wanted in FB\TT seldom in Zhen or Rebirth Order.
    PvP - Veno, Pheonix. Many threads regarding Veno's taking 2v1 odds and winning consistently. Search the forums for OP (over powered) and veno.

(Not hating on the Veno's just pointing at everyone elses posting)
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The best class for you is a Barbarian.

Why? Because their high defense makes them pretty much idiot proof.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Kamikiri - Lost City
    Kamikiri - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The best class for you is a Barbarian.

Why? Because their high defense makes them pretty much idiot proof.

...well..no, a idoit w/ nix can kill us...
    not the point though..

In my opinion best PvP classes:
    Archer
    Venomancer w/ phoenix
    Cleric
    Wizard(high lvl..)

Ok at PvP:
    Blademaster
    Barbarian
    Venomancer w/ bee

Fail at PvP:
    Heavy armor or lowbie mage
    Venomancer w/ random pet..
    Fist Blademaster
    Str based damage barb

Didnt mean to be so biased twords venos e_e
    They do take the cake being best for PvE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಙೆ_ಙೆ Rage sauce face, it's my expression everytime you necro a thread. ~Made by Konariraiden!