What is the most suitable crafting/manufacturing skill for Venomancer?

cityspiderman
cityspiderman Posts: 28 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Venomancer
This is my first time playing this game

Please advice
Post edited by cityspiderman on

Comments

• Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    all 4

you can do the 4 .. and level them ..

you have till level 50 to up them to LV 3
    Then do the quests.

between 50 and 80 for lv 4 and 5

after 80 up as you see fit.

just need to recolt everything you see on your way . .and stock them .
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    It all depends on how you build your character. If you're making a mage-veno, you probably won't be seeing too much melee combat, so armor isn't too much of a biggie. If you're making a foxform veno, armor will be a biggie. Either way, weapons will be a biggie as they define your dmg, but you get a very nice weapon at FB 19, and many will use it for many levels further, whereas you don't get a whole lot of good armor from quests.

Craftsmanship is useful to everyone, and again, you won't be getting too many nice ornaments from quests, though you do get a few.

Alchemy is quite useful, though a little less for a Veno than for other classes. We get a great set of MP recovery skills at lvls 26-36, so the healing stuff won't be too useful. Since mage venos aren't doing melee dmg, the elemental damage bonuses won't be useful for them either, though fox-forms may love them. Similarly for dmg protection. There's still things like increased movement speed, faster channelling, etc. which are almost gold.

Generally speaking, most people advise only to lvl one or two skills until you're high level and rich. Part of this is that, to reach lvl 4 in a skill, you have to do a quest which can cost you a small fortune. The fewer fortunes, the better. My advice is this:

The Alchemy quest is by far the easiest and cheapest, but alchemy also takes up by far the most room, in terms of items to gather. The other three skills all use basically the same items, depending on which type you're using, so that's far fewer item slots, but it's also more competition. Decide which is most important and useful to you.
  • cityspiderman
    cityspiderman Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Thanks for the response.

Can you use crafting to make money? If so what is the most profitable crafting skill to master on?

I am going for mage veno until 79 then re-set to be hybrid Fox

One more thing, does alchemy craft include pet food?

Also, my pet get hungry from satisfied in 15 min., do I just keep feeding it, or just let it go hungry, but not starve?

I am in my first town so my pet is the first one I got. I don't know if I should keep spending money on it.

How about at higher lvl pets, how well-fed should you keep it all the time?
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I've never really tried to make money from it, but I do AH or Cat Shop many of the items I make that I don't want to keep (while trying to make something good or training) and I've seen some of them sell well. To break it down for you, as I had to figure this stuff out on my own:

When you make an item, you make that particular type of item, for example a lvl 6 sword. The quality of the item, however, is randomly generated. It may come out with more than one 'star' (which indicates general quality of the item), which gives a boost to the basic stats. It may come out with 'sockets' (I've seen up to four), which allow you to add enchanted gems to it to boost HP, MP, attack or defense, and elemental attack or defense. It may come with inherrant enchantments, which will turn the name purple and will show up purple themselves. These can be anything from a bonus to HP or attack, to stat increases, to even bonus XP earned (usually +1%). All of these are random, and the good ones are rare. You can get some of these (though not all) from monster drops, though those are far rarer. You cannot buy any of those bonuses from merchants. Any item bought from an NPC merchant is one star, no sockets, no enchantments. Obviously, the enchanted, starred, and socketed stuff is better, and some people will pay good money for them. I'd guess weapons are the best for this, with armor as a close second, and jewelry a close third. I can't really see alchemy making all that much money.
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Craftsmanship is useful to everyone, and again, you won't be getting too many nice ornaments from quests, though you do get a few.
    That was the only one i skipped leveling.. b:surprised

And no, you won't really be able to make money on crafting. The materials in the end would cost more than the crafted item. And even if you gather all the materials yourself, if you plan on making money, then it's better to sell the raw materials than a crafted item. There are of course chance to get a 3 star item or so.. I made such boots once and they only sold for 20K in auction house, one bid only. =( I spent a smaller fortune on upgrading my crafting skills, even though I gathered most materials myself... I didnt make that much money on my crafted items.

To be honest, I think it would be cheaper to buy good weapon/armor than try to make yourself. But I've heard crafting skills will play a bigger role on higher levels.. And I think it's good to be able to craft your own items :) So shortly: no big profits, but can be very handy. ;)
    *Semi retired*