Beautiful Sapphire Shard
Mold: Crazed Lupine Ring
Mold:Ring of Blazing Fury
Multiflavor Jiaozi
Dual Handaxes Mold
Oracle I
Sesame Yuanxiao
Training Esoterica

No idea what's the drop rate of the various items, but I bet the least interresting stuff will drop a lot more....who's going to waste 100k or a gardian angel for that?

All the good items are lowe level, while the majority of the players are probably already over the level to use them.

The halloween event's box gave you some chance to win very unique items usable even at higher levels. This one... fail.

edit 13-03-2009

Ok, on retrospect, I can say I was a bit wrong. Mea Culpa.

The drop rate of items appears to be relatiovely the same for each (except for the traning esoterica scrolls). And almost everything you get is worth more than the money you invested to get the angels.

The oracle books are not that good at high level, but getting 2 or 3 of them at a time makes them worthwile to get even at higher levels.

The Jiaozi and Yuanxiao, at 200 each restore more HP/MP in the long run than silver charms do.

My only complaints would be for the molds. So many people will have them, and their use is rather limited in time until you outgrow them, so they are pretty much useless to have (unless you are at the level to use them). Yhe belts and necklaces that were available in the Halloween packs were much better.

And it would have been nice to have a special item with a very low chance to get included, like the Nightmare in the Halloween pack was.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
Post edited by Blancheneige - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Dont you buy charm packs for that junk
  • otium
    otium Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    agreed
    fail quest
  • Cotto - Heavens Tear
    Cotto - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    is it a failure? yes, but it was geared to the new servers for the low levels.

but.. lvl 30's will get to 40 quicker than say a 50-60 item was put in there. oh well. that's PERFECT world for you.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2009
    Options
    I think I read it wrong..o well it sucks either way. Im not wasting 30k for junk that will drop in price anyways cuz of this event..

Id like the free blessing again
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If I was lower than level 40, I'd jump all over this.

But then again, if I was lower than level 40, I wouldn't have 100k or spare GAs laying around.

I still want the new lowbie molds just to run around town with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    have to agree with you there.. the free blessing again would pwn!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I did read it wrong.....This stuff sucks..The shards profitable but will drop cuz of this event..Everything on here is useless.
  • Zap - Harshlands
    Zap - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It sounded like a good idea to me b:surrender
    Nuff said.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It sounded like a good idea to me b:surrender

Your lvl 40
  • Saint_drake - Heavens Tear
    Saint_drake - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i can have just one response to this "event" on the older servers: buying beautiful shards and quest books 10k ea...

edit: oh yea, and selling angels 50k ea ;P
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    have to agree with you there.. the free blessing again would pwn!

Your signature lies. Sometimes the crayons are too small - and it upsets you, cause it's the colour you wanted. b:sad
  • Pumpkin - Dreamweaver
    Pumpkin - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    No idea what's the drop rate of the various items, but I bet the least interresting stuff will drop a lot more....who's going to waste 100k or a gardian angel for that?

All the good items are lowe level, while the majority of the players are probably already over the level to use them.

The halloween event's box gave you some chance to win very unique items usable even at higher levels. This one... fail.

lol i wonder when this was posted.
    Guardian angel=30-45k??
    Beautifull shard=200k
    Oracle gives awsome exp
    I started on a new server and are low level.Those rewards look decent.
    haha your just level 90 ^-^ 500k to me is like 20 mill to you prolly b:cry
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Prediction:

1.Servers goes up.

2.Event commences.

3.People begin doing quests, while many (because they ARE too good for such "waste of times" events) do not.

4.Someone wins a Golden Lion Mount that is not mentioned in announcements

5.This prize is announced in Chat ("Smuchatelly" has won a Golden Lion Mount)

6.Massive QQ-ing on WC (because they WERE too good for such "waste of times" events, but now see otherwise)

7. I laughb:chuckle

*WHY ARENT THE DAMN SERVERS UP!!!! b:angry
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
    edited March 2009
    Options
    lol i wonder when this was posted.
    Guardian angel=30-45k??
    Beautifull shard=200k
    Oracle gives awsome exp
    I started on a new server and are low level.Those rewards look decent.
    haha your just level 90 ^-^ 500k to me is like 20 mill to you prolly b:cry

Yes, but in the halloween pack, you could get a relatively rare mount, and a couple of items giving XP boost. Both of those were incentive for higher level players to buy those halloween packs, and many did.

For these, i don't see any reason why a high level would buy them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Pumpkin - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yes, but in the halloween pack, you could get a relatively rare mount, and a couple of items giving XP boost. Both of those were incentive for higher level players to buy those halloween packs, and many did.

i think one of the small rewards said 200 apocothery items that heal like 2k hp in 10 seconds.i don't know if it was 1 or 20 or 200 but
    you can stack apocothery pill and health/mana potions/ rejuvinationcookie one's
    there 3 different type of items good for tw purhaps? :D
    Bad grammar FTW b:victory
  • Cotto - Heavens Tear
    Cotto - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

i agree high levels won't buy them as much.

i have a feeling these beautiful shards will be RARE as well.
  • Luminah - Heavens Tear
    Luminah - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yeah, agreed. I don't really see the point of this quest, if they are going to do all mediocre drops like that they shouldn't make the price so high, or they should at least throw a rare item or a mount in there or SOMETHING.

Don't think I'll be doing this one.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i think one of the small rewards said 200 apocothery items that heal like 2k hp in 10 seconds.i don't know if it was 1 or 20 or 200 but
    you can stack apocothery pill and health/mana potions/ rejuvinationcookie one's
    there 3 different type of items good for tw purhaps? :D
    Bad grammar FTW b:victory

There are no numbers listed for this item, so you may only get one...

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/event/eventsubpage/jolly-old-jones-returns-1751
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Pumpkin - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2009
    Options
    My fault i was looking at the gold pack add-ons
    They have similar item that comes 200 stacked i think.
    Event and announcement kind of look the same >___<
  • LadyVivianne - Sanctuary
    LadyVivianne - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

IMO this event is not a failure. Even though most of this stuff is useless for the higher levels it gives the lower levels a fair chance to get good stuff for once. For example the Hell Hound mount. A level 30 player would have to wait thirty more levels to be able to use it since the mount itself cannot be spurred. Most of the items that come out are meant for levels 60+.

When I see items released for lower levels 30 and under all the higher levels complain and get greedy saying its unfair to them yet they have Legendary/TT Armor and Weapons plus mounts specific only to a higher level like the Hell Hound. This game is not about being better then everyone else but interacting with others across the globe and creating friendships. Of course I will play too even though most of the items listed I cannot use. It will be fun.

So in turn I say this event gives the lower levels something to look forward to in game and to get good stuff they can use. This event is NOT a failure.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    So in turn I say this event gives the lower levels something to look forward to in game and to get good stuff they can use. This event is NOT a failure.

Economically it IS a failure.

Some people spend lots of real money on the Halloween event to get the rare stuff.

This is not going to happen now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

This game is not about being better then everyone else but interacting with others across the globe and creating friendships.

TW says otherwise b:chuckle.
  • LadyVivianne - Sanctuary
    LadyVivianne - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Economically it IS a failure.

Some people spend lots of real money on the Halloween event to get the rare stuff.

This is not going to happen now.

Yes I do agree that 100k is a bit pricey for lower levels and I imagine the cost of GA will rise.
    tatakairyu wrote: »
    TW says otherwise b:chuckle.

I myself have yet to experience a TW but I have heard other players who were in TW congrat each other for a good fight. Of course my guild would love to own land but I look at TW as a fun experience not some stress fest.
  • Rez - Dreamweaver
    Rez - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Can't wait to give it a go. The items are nice for my lvl and i could make a killing just selling the packs themselves.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i could make a killing just selling the packs themselves.

Lol?

You wont be able to sell them for more than the price of a guardian angel... or 100k, whichever is lowest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    18 boxes:

4 Scarlet fruit
    4 beautiful shards(2x garnet 2x citrine)
    6 oracle I (2x pack of 3)
    3 oracle II
    6 Oracle III(3x pack of 2)
    600x 2.5k hp heal/10sec (3x pack of 200)
    200x 3k mp heal/10sec

Seems the oracles come in packs..

Just from the shards I made my money back, but who knows where their value will stay or how high gold prices will rise. Also a small test sample obviously.. but thats a lot of Oracle exp b:victory
  • tatakairyu
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Easy Easy oracles too, not that bad for high levels either. You practically make your money back with shards alone from what I've seen.

Going to invest in like 100 GA's lol test my luck.
  • Governator - Lost City
    Governator - Lost City Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    [sarcasm]I have hope that one day, a decent event will be added that isn't for the pure interest of making money for the company, and they'll actually think of the players.[/sarcasm]

At least the charm packs are back temporarily... wouldn't want [emphasis]us players that keep this game running[/emphasis] to be TOO happy now by making them permanent...
    MOAR PLANS b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because we can.
  • tatakairyu
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Well gold prices are now shooting up like crazy lol. Man this will **** us good for a long while(well the people who don't buy their own gold).