Wining bosses

Hellthrasher - Sanctuary
Hellthrasher - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
On the world chat I see that people always say something about wining or wined. What is this?

Also, there are quests in Archosaur that get me these things like Bamboo wine or Daugter's wine for materials. What do these wines do?

Thanks in advance :D
Post edited by Hellthrasher - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    On the world chat I see that people always say something about wining or wined. What is this?

Also, there are quests in Archosaur that get me these things like Bamboo wine or Daugter's wine for materials. What do these wines do?

Thanks in advance :D

Do a search on the forums to find better info. but basically is that if you supply wine to the NPC in the dungeon, he will reduce the amount of mobs in the dungeons (making it easier for you). Personally, I've never been in a dungeon with wine.

A good tread to check is the dungeon guide. You will see that in some dungeons is recommended to use wine and in some don't since the tabber needs to get some mobs killed inside.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Wines are manufactured at the NPC in Archosaur and then supplied to an NPC in the FB (different wines for different FBs). This then makes most (about 95%) of the mobs inside the FB vanish. So you can run through the FB right to the bosses.

FBs 19-51 are usually done unwined as the Tab holder will generally have quests that require X number of mobs in the FB to be killed. Of course if multiple runs are being done (for e.g two of the party have tabs), then the second run onwards can/will be wined.

However FB59 onwards FBs are done wined only, as there are no kill X number of Y mobs type quests, and doing it un-wined can take in excess of 4 hours due to the number of mobs (particularly if your team is around the same level as the FB; These FBs are HUGE).

And remember from FB39 onwards, requires two wines per FB run.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842