strange error - again...

Options
Mystireeh - Heavens Tear
Mystireeh - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Support Desk
I know there is lots of posts about this error, mods and Gms keep saying to download/install the languages pack, in affect many people have said it doesnt work.
I'd try that for myself but im not the one with the problem, the person who is however does not have the windows XP CD they say to use now, any suggestions to help?

Thanks ^^
Post edited by Mystireeh - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Please don't spam forums, period.

Please see this post to help you: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=741711&postcount=6

and the link it has.

Also try updating your video drivers from your system manufacturer FIRST (like Dell, HP, Toshiba, IBM, etc).

Then if no luck, try updating your video drivers for your video chipset.

Please also make sure that your system meets the system requirements: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=174982
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Mystireeh - Heavens Tear
    Mystireeh - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Sorry, i though someone would know.
  • Julyah - Sanctuary
    Julyah - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The game was originally coded in chinese language, and not all of the error messages have been translated to english.
    Without the East Asian Language Pack those errors seem jibberish (mostly just boxes though some others have been seen). As far as I know no one can decipher those boxes, so we need that language pack installed in order to see what kind of error it is. Otherwise it's nearly impossible to find out the cause.

I'm preeetty sure there are ways to get the language packs from the internet without the install CD's, and some of them might even be legal. Don't know much about Windowses nowadays since I'm on the other camp myself.

Now that we don't know the exact problem we can only guestimate the causes for these issues, like darthpanda16 said those are the most common issues you should look into if you don't know the exact error message.
    [Tech Support Junkie]
    Player 1: "I dont believe this is an off-topic worthy thread."
    Player 2: "It's not even worth it for lower depths. What do we do?"
    Player 3: "Delete it?"
    Mod: "Moving this to tech support."