PWI? ha i laugh at that

Options
2»

Comments

• Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ohh, i'm actually thinking i might have to do that just to get my dailies done when i'm on vacation in malaysia
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ohh, i'm actually thinking i might have to do that just to get my dailies done when i'm on vacation in malaysia

Another good reason why IP locks need to be outlawed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Noldo_cuar - Sanctuary
    Noldo_cuar - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Technically, she could play PWI if she used a proxy that was in a region that was supported by PWI. The only problems would be increased latency due to the proxy, and getting it to work in the first place.
    yeah but then that'd make it nearly pointless for her to play as already there's going to be a latency issue to start with. Then we'd have to find a proxy for her to use. After that i'd have to walk her through how to use the thing. And finally it'd severly decrease the fun we could have in the game. She's not a techy she's more about pscyhology and artwork. So thus it'd be interesting. as the pings like i believe erm ~300+ms right now. So with the proxy it'd make it what? ~600ms+. Hmm to play a game which should be open to all and have might as well say 1s latency problem. Plus as we all know proxies are slow as hell as far as bandwith transfer. So besides the ~600ms latency her connection speed will be dropped by what? 90%?! currently bandwith is already lost due to latency issues. So that solution would make the game lag worse than someone playing on dialup.

just incase anyone's wondering she's on a T3 line and that kinda lag is ridiculous. a T3 line being reduced to nearly Dial-Up Speeds to play a game called "Perfect World". Sounds like perfect world minus some people but oh well. I guess that's just how it's got to be and it won't change.

Also as far as singabore guy goes. I have a friend in sg and he couldn't even play :/ seems the net there isn't too great and the client wouldn't work for him. Right now he's in indo with some of his family members but PWI wouldn't work for him so he's going to give PWMS to see if it works well for him. This is STILL the ONLY version of perfect world that i've seen that uses IP BLOCKS. The malay version doesn't have any and the GM has said that's the parent company if they wanted to block then why not make americans play the american version? they don't so that's just plain interesting. and PWMS may be bare for most of the time and prices are more expensive for weddings but atleast both of us can play together and not have to worry.

Also some of those countries don't make sense Turkey? i was unaware that turkey had their own PW.
    that's sad to think that you'llhave to use a proxy whilst on vacation in the country that this game was most prevalent in.
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    With What Dvorak wrote earlier and this ...

If you want to play Perfect World for those regions, you will have to research on the internet to find the one that covers your location.

isnt that clear enuff ?
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Noldo_cuar - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    the point is if they're going to ban regions then also they shouldn't have them listed on teh possible lists of regions to play. the phils was right on their. NOT RIGHT. that's false hope for someone who's never heard of such things as doing an IP block on a f2p MMO. I never knew such a thing existed till i cam here saw some complete and utter douchebags as there are with any community and saw some friendlies. and i have found one that'll work for both of us i just wish they wouldn't list those countries that cna't play on the possible countries list so that way i wouldn't have spent the time on here and got my friends to ocme on here and play also so now i'm leaving them b/c i was lured with false hope till i had just found out.
  • Bananacream - Dreamweaver
    Bananacream - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    the point is if they're going to ban regions then also they shouldn't have them listed on teh possible lists of regions to play. the phils was right on their. NOT RIGHT. that's false hope for someone who's never heard of such things as doing an IP block on a f2p MMO. I never knew such a thing existed till i cam here saw some complete and utter douchebags as there are with any community and saw some friendlies. and i have found one that'll work for both of us i just wish they wouldn't list those countries that cna't play on the possible countries list so that way i wouldn't have spent the time on here and got my friends to ocme on here and play also so now i'm leaving them b/c i was lured with false hope till i had just found out.

QQ Moar????
  • Noldo_cuar - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    QQ Moar????

Case and point please not the **** above me it is using a perfect example of the douchebaggery that exists everywhere.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Case and point please not the **** above me it is using a perfect example of the douchebaggery that exists everywhere.

Hi, I'm the person who gave you a reasonable solution to your dilemma, and the problems you'd have only to have you give me **** over it.

Try looking in the mirror when you accuse someone of "douchebaggery", next time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tomato - Dreamweaver
    Tomato - Dreamweaver Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

Ya good point. It that country is listed on a list of regions that can play, then why the IP block? Is it on the whole country or just part? Where did you fina a list of regions that can play PWI?
  • Noldo_cuar - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Ya good point. It that country is listed on a list of regions that can play, then why the IP block? Is it on the whole country or just part? Where did you fina a list of regions that can play PWI?
    i found it in some tech FAQ after the customer support people told me the same exact thing to my question. And it's the entire country.
    Hi, I'm the person who gave you a reasonable solution to your dilemma, and the problems you'd have only to have you give me **** over it.

Try looking in the mirror when you accuse someone of "douchebaggery", next time.
    i never said it was you, i was saying it that person and also thanks when i look in the mirror i see an libertarian :/ guess that's close enough for most people though.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i never said it was you.

Let's re-cap, shall we?

I gave you a valid solution including drawbacks.

You gave me **** about it in a long-winded post for no reason.

You then accused someone else of "douchebaggery".

I said you should look in the mirror the next time you wish to do that (accuse someone of "douchebaggery").
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

*hold Y, yell "Objection!"* Not so fast! The quote from the GM states...
    Quote:
    If you live in one of the following countries, or have an IP address connected to, or close to, one
    of the following countries, you will NOT be able to play PWI.

These countries CAN NOT play Perfect World International.
    China
    Hong Kong
    Japan
    Macau
    Malaysia
    North Korea
    Philippines
    South Korea
    Taiwan
    Turkey
    Vietnam

If you want to play Perfect World for those regions, you will have to research on the internet to
    find the one that covers your location. All other IP addresses from anywhere else in the world are not blocked by Perfect World Entertainment.
    Note: This list is current as of October 3, 2008.

If you look closer at the list of countries, you'll see that it is actually a list of countries that...CANNOT play PWI, because those are areas PWE have under contractual obligations to play their own version of PW. I'd like to redirect you to the second page, the GM's response. That should be the reason as to why those reasons cannot play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • theshazzbot
    theshazzbot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    whatever the fact remains false hopes were made and oh well i've seen enough people in the world.
    To quote a great speech on world affairs.

EDITED! - Are you kidding me!?!

edit: anyone who's seen the movie should recognize the quote if you don't you should be able to find a way to find the uncensored version.

You have got to be joking posting stuff like that on the forums right? FYI - that garbage is not ACCEPTABLE on these boards.

Consider this your final warning.
    Remember, posting on these forums is not a right - It's a PRIVILEGE!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thus the ShazzBot has spoken...
  • bzbee
    bzbee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    it was the philipines that she's from but the game has blocked her for some reason and yes as to what they said in teh thread i could play teh phils version of the game except latency would be hell and the installer wouldn't go. I contacted customer service and all tehy told me was "this is a list of the banned IPs" that was it. No reasoning behind this just hey sorry you can't play from these countries. [sarcasm]Since they were sooo friendly in helping me. I just felt all warm inside and felt like making this thread. They were just soo great in answering my question.[/sarcasm]
    here is the exact thing they sent me when i contacted them about why her region was blocked i asked why and they sent this.

that's the exact thing they sent me which made me feel all warm inside. The Game support staff or who the hell ever manages the ticketing system does a horrible job they just repeated something i already got by her not being able to play and that was it no answering of my question.

I'm sorry but how much clearer could they have been? Philippines has their own version of PW and it is perfectly understandable why there are IP blocks for them to play other versions.

I don't see how they 'did not answer your question'. It seems that they answered your question 100%.
    Also as far as singabore guy goes. I have a friend in sg and he couldn't even play :/ seems the net there isn't too great and the client wouldn't work for him. Right now he's in indo with some of his family members but PWI wouldn't work for him so he's going to give PWMS to see if it works well for him.

The internet in Singapore isn't great? LOL I'm sorry but if that is what your Singapore friend says, he needs to upgrade his internet service. As for the client not working for him, he needs to troubleshoot that as a separate issue.
    If your comment on the internet in Singapore is based on your own perception, then you would do well to research more on Singapore.

I'm from Singapore and we have great internet service here. My friends and I play with no trouble at all. My broadband connection is 10mbps and I hardly even experience lag.
    This is STILL the ONLY version of perfect world that i've seen that uses IP BLOCKS. The malay version doesn't have any and the GM has said that's the parent company if they wanted to block then why not make americans play the american version? they don't so that's just plain interesting. and PWMS may be bare for most of the time and prices are more expensive for weddings but atleast both of us can play together and not have to worry.

Then perhaps you should just play there?
    Phoenix plume count: 2450 b:sad

I want the phoenix because I think its pretty. b:cute
  • Piskiee - Heavens Tear
    Piskiee - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    GM, please answer my question below :)

Having read this post really got me worried, I'm resident in EU, I have successfully installed and played this game in the past few months, but I will be travelling to China next week for about a month, I will take my laptop (the one i have been playing this game on) with me, my question is: will I be able to play while I'm over there?

I'm really addicted to PW, one month without it will be torture, so please let me know, maybe I will cancel the trip for the game :)

Thanks <3
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    internet is like a big town. with several streets, avenues and even roads. if you want to go to a place you pick shortest path. that's just normal human behaviour and same applies to internet packets. but... maybe for a reason the path you would take is unavaiable, blocked for some reason. and let's say the blocked one was a road and there's no other way to get there except through another district. so you take a deep breath and go to the other district so you can reach the place you wish to. just don't shout where you really came from^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Thc - Harshlands
    Thc - Harshlands Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    good thing, its annoying to see all people use therms like ''EA"' & ''WR''
    its PWI ffs not the malaysian server -_-
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    good thing, its annoying to see all people use therms like ''EA"' & ''WR''
    its PWI ffs not the malaysian server -_-

There are 3 English Verisons of PW

2 use WR, EA, etc.

So it makes sense to use both
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    balthazar wrote: »
    There are 3 English Verisons of PW

2 use WR, EA, etc.

So it makes sense to use both

It makes no sense to use terms that do not apply to PWI.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • balthazar
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It makes no sense to use terms that do not apply to PWI.

PWI is PW.

Just because you change the name of something doesn't change its meaning

I can call a piece of Cheese (orignal name) a Fox, and in the end its still Cheese.

Just like an Elf Archer (Orignal Name) is now a Archer, well its still an Elf Archer.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You can also make yourself look like a moron when no one knows what the heck you are talking about. Use proper terms this is NOT another version this is PWI.

Anyway any PW-MY terms mean nothing since they are all the direct result of a horrible translation.
    Main characters
  • balthazar
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You can also make yourself look like a moron when no one knows what the heck you are talking about. Use proper terms this is NOT another version this is PWI.

Anyway any PW-MY terms mean nothing since they are all the direct result of a horrible translation.

Proper terms? Now what defines that to you Zoe?

Lets break this apart shall we?

Proper- adapted or appropriate to the purpose or circumstances; fit; suitable

Term- a word or group of words designating something

Now, that we have our definitions, lets continue shall we?

You said "no one knows what the heck you are talking about"

Now, no one is an absolute, as in nobody, which means there is not 1 single person in the world who understands what I posted, correct?

Actually your wrong, there is at least one person who understands.

Now, just because its PWI, does that mean I can't use terms from PW-MS or PW-MY?

They are still proper terms because they imply the same meaning.

It just broadens the variety.

PW-MY terms of EA, WB? Um, how is that a bad translation. Way to do your reading.
    edited March 2009
    Options

Were Beast is a hell of a lot closer than Barbarian, and gives an accurate description as to what they are, as does Were Fox.

Also, a lot of abreviations were carried over because a some of the early players, and a lot of information was brought/used from the MY-EN version, and the terms were never changed. For example, some of the guides being used are from MY-EN without a lot of editting in the changes.

And this is another version, it's actually MY-NA, but it's advertised as PWI.

Versions: PW-MY (Oracle and Delphi), PW-CH, PW-PH (phillipines Dragon and Tiger servers), PW-NA (PWI)

There might be others, but I'm not sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Barbarian an venomaner fit perfectly well.

Necromancer necros the dead.

Venomancer uses venom to attack.

Barbarians are huge physically tough guys. Just look at real life.
    Main characters
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Barbarian an venomaner fit perfectly well.

Necromancer necros the dead.

Venomancer uses venom to attack.

Barbarians are huge physically tough guys. Just look at real life.

Were Beast: fighter type, transforms into OMG a tiger (or a beast if you would)

Werefox, caster type/melee type, transforms into OMG a fox!

The names fit, and there are classes in other games that do the exact same thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    well... barbarians were humans... that's the problem.

maybe wizard is not a poor translation but certainly a poor definition. elementalist or even alchemist would fit better. i think clerics should be called wizards instead. and blademasters could also have a better title...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Honestly, I think some of the old names from PW-MY could have been kept here...I don't mind being a Wizard...it's just that "Mage" seems to have a better ring to me.

As for Blademaster...well, I get that the person's supposed to be a "Master of Blades"...but usually, when you choose one path...it's like a "Master of Certain Blades"...my votes goes to "Warrior" for this class.

Barbarian...I've always attributed that to a human kind of Barbarian...y'know, half-naked, fur-wearing, war paint-havin' semi-savages...I agree with WereBeast on this class...or at lease...some sort of "Were-" kind of title.

Venomancer...it's okay...it's kinda sexy-soundin'...but...Venomancers don't just use venom...they're more of a Tamer class kinda thing...if anything, more like a Druid that can have cute ears. Vote goes to another "Were-" kinda title here.

Archers...no argument. xP

Clerics...well, I think that's a good title to have. If they kept it at "Priest", there'd always be that chance of some religious nut goin' out there and gettin' offended and whatnot...la-la-la...but Cleric...I like it. Keep it as is.

Well, that's my rundown of the various class titles...like 'em or not, that's how I think, and that's all that matters. ^_^v
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...