Why I'm glad to pay REAL money for gold!

2»

Comments

• rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I will just like to say that I have not needed to spend any real money at all so far. Currently level 40 venomancer on sanctuary and have only died once due to the giant snake thingy of broken jade shore that I accidently bumped into...lol. Kinda a real life lesson learned from that experience though which says "Always look forward to the future and never look back". But to stay on topic, spending real money is ok with me for those who do because we all have the option to spend or not to spend and in my eyes, thats what makes this game so awesome also compared to others Ive played. Game on everybody.
  • Eorween - Heavens Tear
    Eorween - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    As the game advertise, its free to play.
    they dont force you to pay if you dont want to.
    If you have the time and have some knowledge how to make coin in game.
    you be fine.
    Not everyone have the time to do all the quest or farm the mats for everything in the game.
    so purchase few things from boutique isnt that big of a deal
    like inventory stone. bank stones a charm or two.
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Games are never free..IF NO ONE PAID AT ALL..This game wouldn't be here.

The people that don't pay should thank the people that do pay..They keep the game going while we free-load off them :)
  • xtrm9
    xtrm9 Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I buy gold because it saves me the time i have to spend grinding for money in game. I have college and sports so i cannot play much. Buying gold and selling it for cash enhances my gaming fun as i can get good stuff and help my friends a bit.
    I have played many mmorpg's over the years and perfect world has by far the best overall package. By buying gold i am also helping the gaming company that runs PW as to maintain the standard that they have it would cost a lot of money.
    Yes i was very pissed off when friday the 13th glitch made many ppl unfairly rich . They got 6 times as much money as i get by selling my gold for 100k ea.

But i have moved on , placed my trust on the game admins and just enjoy the game.

PW is like a hobby to me. if i like to pain i definitely would spend money to buy good colors , brush and canvas to enhance my painting expirience, Same with PW.
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    xtrm9 wrote: »
    I buy gold because it saves me the time i have to spend grinding for money in game. I have college and sports so i cannot play much. Buying gold and selling it for cash enhances my gaming fun as i can get good stuff and help my friends a bit.
    I have played many mmorpg's over the years and perfect world has by far the best overall package. By buying gold i am also helping the gaming company that runs PW as to maintain the standard that they have it would cost a lot of money.
    Yes i was very pissed off when friday the 13th glitch made many ppl unfairly rich . They got 6 times as much money as i get by selling my gold for 100k ea.

But i have moved on , placed my trust on the game admins and just enjoy the game.

PW is like a hobby to me. if i like to pain i definitely would spend money to buy good colors , brush and canvas to enhance my painting expirience, Same with PW.

I couldnt even read that.

Go write another poem about how you miss sucking up to RoC
  • Thirstie - Heavens Tear
    Thirstie - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    well said.
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I dont use real money to game. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i think its sad if theres enough contempt for gold buyers that someone felt the need to post a thread like this in the first place. its their ******n money, they should do whatever they want with it. nobody should hold any player in contempt for paying real money, because nobody has any business telling a complete stranger what they do with their money.

personally i get items with pawning from mob drops, or just mob drops themselves, and i'm happy with that at the moment. i just dont feel the need to get really awesome gear that i'll grow out of in a few weeks, and im not really interested in any clothes or fancy mounts since i think armor looks good and since i go afk flying to distant places anyway. however i do look forward to something, and that's the wings of seraph if it comes out, just bc i like how it looks, so i do understand those people who buy the clothes and mounts. killing things for coins isn't all bad, as im getting exp and sp and leveling. the whole fun of it for me is lvling up and playing around with the new abilities. i do hope to be a heaven archer someday, tho probably still with npc dropped gear hahaha. im just a pretty patient person i guess

you are happy that you spend real money on gold, good for you, enjoy your bought items and have fun.
  • AbaraiRenji_ - Heavens Tear
    AbaraiRenji_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    xtrm9 wrote: »

well u said it good ^^ also its quite futile to grind on 75+. money from drops goes to repairs and getting new charms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "maybe one day u will make it.. but the day aint today"
  • vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    mbrunestud wrote: »
    i think its sad if theres enough contempt for gold buyers that someone felt the need to post a thread like this in the first place.

Totally agree! Anyone who has contempt for people who pay real money doesn't understand economics. Probably a kid. The game would not exist if there weren't people paying!

On the other hand the Gold-coin exchange system relies on players who are willing to spend time farming crafting, etc. So in summary the game needs both types of players to function.

But in reality the players who pay real cash are more important to the survival of PWI because without them the people that run PWI won't be able to run the business.

I pay real money because I don't play that much and there is no way I can even come close to leveling at a decent rate and having fun stuff without spending cash. I look at it like renting a DVD or going out for dinner. If what I want in game will give me more enjoyment than spending the money on going out or the DVD then I spend it.

I used to play EQ2 and wasted so much money on multiple monthly subscriptions and expansions (for family members) for occasional play. Now on PWI we can set up multiple accounts and play once in a while and only pay when we really feel it will enhance the experience.
  • Flieyah - Dreamweaver
    Flieyah - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I have been a big fan of MMOs for years, starting with Anarchy Online, back when it was PTP.
    Since then I have paid both FtP and PtP games as well as some which supposevely are free to play.

My take so far is, I don't mind paying 10-15 bucks a month to play something I enjoy. I would not sink $100 + on a game item, but if you can afford it, and it floats your cookie, who am I to judge how you live your life and spend your money?

Also, from what I've seen so far, I beleive PW is perfectly playable if you choose not to spend any money. I might be a bit more challenging, but it's nto crippling like many other games that are supposevly free like Project Enthropia, Requiem or even, Rappelz.

Having said that, I think maybe next month I'll splurge $10 here, so I can encrease my bank space without much hassle and my inventory as well. I doubt that i'll ever spend much more then that, but if you want to, more power to you. b:chuckle
    "What we do is what you just can't do."
    b:cool
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    That was so touchingb:sad but I loled at the last part, so you want fight to monsters and run through dungeons when you go to heaven?b:shocked

LOL, b:laugh hilarius
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Dam.. you guys know economics!!!

Like I can go to a job and get 10 dollars an hour and then spend 10 dollars in this game to get more mats than I would get if I farmed a bunch of mobs for 1 hour!!

Like... 10 Gold worth of mats > 1 hour straight farming for mats
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The devs make the game like this
    Free to play, Pay to enjoy.
    So if you are playing this game to enjoy it, but dont have $500 to spend on holy tiger form, then gtfo.
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Dam.. you guys know economics!!!

Like I can go to a job and get 10 dollars an hour and then spend 10 dollars in this game to get more mats than I would get if I farmed a bunch of mobs for 1 hour!!

Like... 10 Gold worth of mats > 1 hour straight farming for mats

Wait! Are you saying i could go work for 1 hour? Then play for an hour with the extra mats! Thats genius, before i just played for two hours and gathered the mats myself. Off to work b:bye
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    So if you are playing this game to enjoy it, but dont have $500 to spend on holy tiger form, then gtfo.

I dont pay and I still enjoy as many others do.

I think people paying to improve their enjoy is great and I support that.

However, I do see some people dont like that. Those are idiots.
  • Uiztrollin - Harshlands
    Uiztrollin - Harshlands Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited April 2009

LOL'd BigP is getting famous around this parts.
    I dont pay and I still enjoy as many others do.

I think people paying to improve their enjoy is great and I support that.

However, I do see some people dont like that. Those are idiots.
    I never payed for playing any f2p MMO, but I thank everyone that pays.
    Why? They keep it free for cheap bums like me xD
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    LOL'd BigP is getting famous around this parts.
    b:avoidb:quiet
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    I never payed for playing any f2p MMO, but I thank everyone that pays.
    Why? They keep it free for cheap bums like me xD

You could also see it in another way too. You might not be a bum anymore in the future and still want to play and level up quickly. So, you might want to spend some cash in the game.

Some people dont like to spend cash because they dont have enough to spare for a game. As cash becomes more available for them. They play to enjoy more.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Games are never free..IF NO ONE PAID AT ALL..This game wouldn't be here.

The people that don't pay should thank the people that do pay..They keep the game going while we free-load off them :)

Then why not ask for a monthly fee? Better that, then to spend 1000$ on some things that you burn out fast.
    b:dirty
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Wait! Are you saying i could go work for 1 hour? Then play for an hour with the extra mats! Thats genius, before i just played for two hours and gathered the mats myself. Off to work b:bye

o.O.... I don't see your point...

You don't have to play for an hour with that mats you bought. I just said.. money = mats. Since job + time = money = mats. You could use that hr to work instead of playing this game to get more mats. Of course you won't get any exp or drops. But for pure mat farming, paying real money for mats is a better usage of time.

b:chuckleb:chuckle
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    if there was a cash shop item... that instantly made you lvl 105 and gave you all the godliest items in the game... youd buy that too right? because itd save you time(like 10 years!).

I'd pay $100 for a magic charm that would:

* instantly nuke players >lvl 40 that camp the rare pet spawns 24/7/365

* Charge players 1% EXP for every WorldChat message

* Auto-Logoff users that cover/obstruct the (Insert NPC Here) for more than 30 seconds on any mount/flying mount/ridiculously large/obscenely fluffy flying mount

* Replaces <name> here on the forums with "JACK*SS" whenever the words "n00b", "QQ", "Loser", "lame" or a host of others appears in their message

* Any CatShop seller that prices an item at more than 300% gets his account -charged- the amount he's asking, and sells the item to the first buyer at half-price

Lemme know when those come available.

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009

You don't have to play for an hour with that mats you bought. I just said.. money = mats. Since job + time = money = mats. You could use that hr to work instead of playing this game to get more mats. Of course you won't get any exp or drops. But for pure mat farming, paying real money for mats is a better usage of time.

Technically, you'd be better off buying gold, selling it at current prices, and then buying the matts from players, and probably getting more for your money.

Just sayin'

@red >> Seriously, you're no better than the people you just "complained" about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i think it's an utter waste of money 1$ per gold
    that mean if you buy a raptor or kirin thats thirty bucks
    plus the other 25 for spurring
    55 bucks?!

for a friggin digital raptor A STRING OF CODE PEOPLE!
    dam... seriously i dont' even get why peopl
    waste their cash
    though i suppose someone has to or no one would be able
    to get the cash shop items

nvm i'm grateful for stupid people

still outrageous though..
  • vampirenite
    edited April 2009
    i think it's an utter waste of money 1$ per gold
    that mean if you buy a raptor or kirin thats thirty bucks
    plus the other 25 for spurring
    55 bucks?!

dam... seriously i dont' even get why peopl
    waste their cash
    though i suppose someone has to or no one would be able
    to get the cash shop items

nvm i'm grateful for stupid people

still outrageous though..

Briegg,
    Do you have cable/sat TV? Rent/buy DVDs, buy software, go to movies?

If you do any of those (or any of many other virtual entertainment expenses) you are just as stupid as the people you criticize. Those are also all digital bits ... strings of code in different forms.

The game is ENTERTAINMENT! If riding a cool mount entertains you, why not? The best thing is that you get to keep it for as long as you want and even trade it. Try trading your 2hr DVD rental experience, LOL.
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i have high speed internet..
    <.<

so your saying that if i go down and buy a ps3 game for 55 dollars
    it's worth the same as the 55 your pay for a spurred mount?

hmm.. whole game = to a few peices of data

i'm sorry i'm just not getting it
    maybe you could dumb it down for me i'm kinda slow
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009

You get a few more lines of code than someone who paid for a mount. How does that make you more intelligent than us? >:o
  • vampirenite
    edited April 2009
    i have high speed internet..
    <.<

i'm sorry i'm just not getting it
    maybe you could dumb it down for me i'm kinda slow

Ahhh, you do have some intelligence after all. YES ... IF you enjoy the $55 PS3 game as much as someone else enjoys riding theirs spurred mount, then the value is equal. I happen to have a PS3 and I can tell you I get less much less enjoyment from many of the PS3 games I purchased than some of the items in PWI. On top of that I have the option of spending time farming/trading if I don't want to spend the RL$. I don't see that option on the PS3.

Live and let live, there are people that pay ridiculous amounts for RL physical and virtual products that have no other increased value other than the pleasure/entertainment it gives.
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Okay, here's the dumb people version:

People have this thing, it is called "money". Other people have things, called "stuff". Some people have "money" and want "stuff". Others have "stuff" and want "money".

People who have "stuff" sometimes offer to give it away! No, really! All they ask in exchange is some "money". There are many people who do this. They all have different "stuff". But "money" is the same.

So, someone with "money" can take it to anyone who has "stuff" and trade. But then they don't have their "money" anymore! So they have to trade for the "stuff" they want the most, before the run out of "money".

And that's it, basically. People rank what they want based on how much it costs and what else they could buy with that money instead. Then they go buy whatever's at the top of their list. Some people buy PS3 games, others buy spurred raptors.
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009

I was using sarcasm rofl