human wizard, doing something wrong?

2»

Comments

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    well ya i see your point...
    but really there is nothing you can do for defence until you can make some reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally good armor(or buy some).

but really everything has a reason for being a certain way. They didnt do this on purpose, their is a reason why wiz has low phys def. currently my best guess has to be high mag atk. As for pvp, i done a lot against other wizs(and they were a lot of fun! nothing like wiz vs wiz really sweet moves and a good show) wiz vs cleric, wiz vs BM and wiz vs barb. I only lost the cleric one but i think that had to do with the fact he was 6 lvls above me and using just plume shot(lol)

srry for going off topic a bit
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    ?? Really good armor in this case constitutes Light Armor. Rolling with almost 6k phys def in LA vs approx 1.5 in Arcane...with extra health...meh. Not a build discussion. Both builds have thier good points. Both of them have different strategies.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Rolling with almost 6k phys def in LA vs approx 1.5 in Arcane
    Those numbers don't seem right. 6k phys def at 79? I'm a bit curious how you got there. I have about 4.3k self buffed at 75. I can't imagine some 78 equips changing that much. Either that's with pdef shards or fully buffed. Which makes 1.5k look ridiculous... because with some decent arcane gear and pdef neck/belt and either pdef shards or full buffs you'll get more than 1.5k.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    I'll look at it again when I'm in game, its been a while since I checked those numbers. Lots of my gear has increased phys def though, not gems, but bonuses. All my sockets are reserved for hp though, and I am always looking for hp bonuses on gear.
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    About 4k with no buffs at all.
    Armor of grieving sorrows
    Dark pants of Hades
    3* Serrated boots with major bumps
    Phys def belt with extra vit extra phys and phys reduction
    Necklace is mag def due to 6vit 2str
    cape is evade ..probably could do better
    helmet has phys def add on it too
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    base about 5.5k now with stone barrier on. 8.5k with buffs up
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Those numbers don't seem right. 6k phys def at 79? I'm a bit curious how you got there. I have about 4.3k self buffed at 75. I can't imagine some 78 equips changing that much. Either that's with pdef shards or fully buffed. Which makes 1.5k look ridiculous... because with some decent arcane gear and pdef neck/belt and either pdef shards or full buffs you'll get more than 1.5k.
    Yeah, at 74 with full hp shards I have 1.7k completely unbuffed, gets above 4k with Stone Barrier and Cleric + BM buffs. That's full robes, with a lot of +pdef on gear and pdef neck/belt. And I'm already pushing 64% reduction, diminishing returns are kicking in something fierce. I don't know how much better 6k pdef would actually be at that point, especially compared to getting more hp.
This discussion has been closed.