TT80 Bow

Meristem - Sanctuary
Meristem - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Archer
I just want to check if Crimson Horn: Soulsmasher bow for lv 80 gets bounded when equiped ^^
simple as that
tnx
Post edited by Meristem - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Meristem - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    ah and if it rly gets bounded, could i take it off?
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yes, it gets bound as soon as you PUT IT ON. So make sure no1 tries it on after the craft it.You can take it off and put it in storage, but can't mail it or transfer it in any other way.
  • Meristem - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    so would it be worth making it? coz i rly hate xbows and TT80 sling isnt the best weap imo
  • ArwenFrost - Heavens Tear
    ArwenFrost - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    so would it be worth making it? coz i rly hate xbows and TT80 sling isnt the best weap imo

its a very good bow for grinding and whatnot but is it worth it depends on how long u plan on staying in the 80's. I personally know i will spend quite alot of time in the 80's grinding and doings TTs for 90 mats so i got it and I think its a great bow.
  • Meristem - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    yay! tnx :D
    i cant play much anymore coz of college...
    and hmm how "greatly" is the gloom effect? Like +20%?
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    seems to be +25% for 5 seconds at least, and it stacks with barb buff, red ball, and sparks, it does not stack with itself attack power wise but it does duration wise
    also it does activate if you have less then 5% total mana, ive had it activate when i had 2.5% mana ( for sure) and maybe above 1% mana, so i am not sure the exact mana it needs to activate, it might not even be any
  • Caldaster - Lost City
    Caldaster - Lost City Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    IF u really have Lotta money to spend go for the hh80 bow.

IT costs like 6M ( 2 * golden spirt ) + 3M to make it +5 = total 9M

Better thing to do will be get you hh80 xbow or sling and + it for tht money :)

hh80 sling = 2.5M
    rest 6.5 M = +7 ( put some more money )
    Well a sling at +7 is one hell of a weapon. (proof try a wind and clouds at + 7 :) )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Poor thing ... lucky me b:victory
  • Meristem - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    yah i was guessing it was like 5% of ur total mana and not current... so if i get like 20mp ill loose just 1 for the effect...
    but i guess its a bit of waste using an mp charm with it... or it doesnt activate that often? if the chance is just like unicorn then its a good chance of activation

ah and i hate xbows... too ugly... and slings are weird ><
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    if you havent lvled barrage, there is absoulately no reason at 80 to keep a mana charm, the gloom will drain it , but quite slowly, lvl 80 pots can keep a barrage up a good while,
  • Meristem - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    well... it is more advantage having an mp charm than using pots, its like 80% more profitable using a charm than pots when grinding... i dont remenber the calculus i did, but with a pot, its 1 mp = 1 coin basicly, and with charm its like 1.8mp = 1 coin
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    when grinding you shouldnt be using mp charm at all and mp pots barely if ever
    make wise use of winged shell
  • Meristem - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    i grind with frost arrow + kb arrow... so not enough chi for winged shell =/
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    choose your mobs more carefully and reudce/eliminate use of frost, i only ever use it for quest mobs that are a higher lvl then me or have unplesant stats for archer to kill
    and use lvl 1 take aim and cancel charge, free 15 chi
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Of course if you aren't using mana while grinding then having an mp charm wont hurt :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Of course if you aren't using mana while grinding then having an mp charm wont hurt :)

well possibly i misspoke/didnt clarify
    overall im not needing mana aids (pot/charm) because winged shell covers it , if you use a mana charm it will often tick sometimes when you use shell, making that mp recover (from shell ) a lot less useful
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    well possibly i misspoke/didnt clarify
    overall im not needing mana aids (pot/charm) because winged shell covers it , if you use a mana charm it will often tick sometimes when you use shell, making that mp recover (from shell ) a lot less useful

I also have this problem.

When I do not have a mana charm, I can efficiently use skills in PvE with winged shell. However, I have very few viable combos I can use efficiently with a charm. I have one which works (if I start my combo within 12 mana of full power my charm stays happy) but I dislike mana charms because either I destroy them quickly or they slow me in PvE.
  • neutralman
    neutralman Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Question: If it gets bound, can you unbound it and eventually sell it?
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i grind with frost arrow + kb arrow... so not enough chi for winged shell =/

If you haven't leveled take aim (hopefully..) you can hotkey it and just hold the button down and its like firing a normal arrow +20ish chi. Even if it's high level the mana shouldn't be too bad

frost arrow > quick take aim > normal > kb > quick take aim > normals

i usually am able to use winged shell every time its done cool down and with ep regen buff i never need to use a mp fu
    neutralman wrote: »

no
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    neutralman wrote: »

No, once its bound only way to get rid of it is to destroy it. You can not sell a bound item and only way to unbound is to destroy it. So if ur investing into this weapon make sure u damn well love this weapon cause u cant sell it for jack spit afterwards. Good weapon though, just sucks u cant resell it.

edit - just to clarify i mean u cant sell it after u have equiped it, not when its in inventory only.
  • faylon
    faylon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    This is still a big mystery to me. Someone I know says she saw someone selling a TT80 gold bow, and also I heard that people have unbound tt80 gold armor and sold it.

An owner of one of the bows said the npc only says... item will be destroyed in 72 hours.
    when i know for sure that you can unbind weapons without destroying.

Also does this same situation go for the tt90 weapons/armor.

Something doesn't seem right to me.

Anyone out there who has actual proof instead of thinking so?
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    if you read it says bound on EQUIP not when you make it, so they can make and then sell as long as they don't equip it
  • faylon
    faylon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    they sold it unbound, plus were wearing it unbound
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    faylon wrote: »
    they sold it unbound, plus were wearing it unbound

SS please.
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    It looks exactly like the HH70 green, and the lvl 73? normal bows. With it's tiny glow and being held in the hand that has the blazing arrow effect, you could have easily confused it with a lvl 73? 3 star that had the gloom effect on it (I got 1 that had stun on it).