Is it worth it?

Jiushen - Lost City
Jiushen - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Are craft skills really worth taking the time to upgrade?
Post edited by Jiushen - Lost City on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    well depends on whether ur gonna really put in some time for it. u don't NEED it though...i honestly don't have any crafting skills now...b:shutup
    other than that, you should learn them it will be helpful hen u wanna be able to make ur own legendary gear and TT gear.
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I always took the time to keep them all at the highest lvl, and I think it's worth the time. (Note that I'm a patient guy and that time isn't all that important to me) It has saved me a lot of coins on buying my equipment, and I can resell afterwards.
    I do think that you have to choose between lvling the skills or not. It would take way more time if you reach lvl50 and deside to learn the skills from lvl1 to lvl4 ...

You can also decide to lvl just 1 or 2 skills. I that case I would recommand apothecary (easy to lvl, and that stuff isn't sold everywhere) and either tailor or blacksmith.
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    It is well worth the effort and you can use much of what you make which will be better than what the seller sells. You can also auction off the stuff you no longer want or give it to friends.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Not reallllly maybe but I noticed..

The mats for TT weaps cost way more than the actual wep..
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Tomato - Dreamweaver
    Tomato - Dreamweaver Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You can always bring mats to a guildie and ask them to make stuff for you, but I like to at least level Apothecary, the powders help quite a bit.
  • Corsen - Heavens Tear
    Corsen - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Crafting's good fun. I've also noticed that the Apothecary Skill at level 1 has got an immensely useful thing called "Life Powder" which gives you UBER healing for 10 minutes. I'm quite willing to say that it's probably the most useful remedy thing before you reach level 20 for any character in close contact with monsters.
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The only one worth upgrading is pharmacist.

The rest might be worth upping in the lategame, once you're rich and famous... but before that, nah. I wouldn't bother.

Unless you're a zen-buyer and have the money to spare.

But for me, I've always found it easier to get rich trustworthy friends to craft things for me.

And then I give them sexual favours. That part isn't so nice, but it's worth it.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.