Best build for soloing/farming at high lvl or in end game

cityspiderman
cityspiderman Posts: 28 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Venomancer
Hi,

This is my first time playing and I decided to choose this class b/c ppl say it is the best solo class in this game.

However, there seems to be many different builds of this class, i.e. light armor, heavy armor, mage, vitality builds.

What do you, experienced players think is the ultimate build for purpose of soloing and farming at high lvl or end game

Please include stats allocation.

Thanks
Post edited by cityspiderman on

Comments

• Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    This class isnt just purley pve, alot take it into pvp aswell but as light+heavy/robe builds.

Up until 80 i'd say pure mag arcane veno is the best for soloing/farming. My friend just hit 89 and restatted for heavy armor/robe build but for pve purposes. Heavy armour+fox form allows for insane physical defense for any physical aoes bosses have in Twilight temple, and you can always switch to arcane armour for any magical aoes.

Light armour is more or less pvp, good for mage skill venos who want some extra physical defense+crits, it sucks for fox form as there's no physical attack though.

Honestly though if you were only pve focused and wanted to play your veno just for farming/soloing/money making, arcane build is the best for you.

Bleh I cant remember how I did it, it was something like:
    Mag+2
    Str+1
    Vit+1
    Dex+0
    then the next level was:
    Mag+3
    Str+0
    Vit+2
    Dex+0

Heavy/Robe armour and light armour have [no] stat distrub guides. They rely soley on your ornaments (Necklace+rings+helmet+belt) and armour bonus stats.
    However you should not add vit points to either build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cityspiderman
    edited March 2009
    I like Dual ARMOR hybrid build found in "
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=13881" (by mihai)
    An almost or exact same build can be found in http://forum.perfectworld.com.my/viewtopic.php?t=8634&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 (on Malaysian forum by sh1nob1)

This sounds pretty interesting and strategic to me and the hardest to play.

Please advice on improvement on this build if any.

Still I am open to entirely different builds as well if they are to be better than hybrid

Thanks for the response on mage build. I will take that into consideration.
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The first link you posted is really bad, and the guy clearly never played it as such. It's much harder to pull off in the earlier levels.

Check out Reikara's stickied "heavy armor" thread, it's the same as "dual armor" just better documented.
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The first link you posted is really bad, and the guy clearly never played it as such. It's much harder to pull off in the earlier levels.

Check out Reikara's stickied "heavy armor" thread, it's the same as "dual armor" just better documented.

well writing a build guide doesn't really mean to play them all, i just gathered the info from other's experience and some of my theories, if u would like to add something to it, i'll edit it and give u credit
    btw, mihai = me
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If you have no interest in PvP I would highly recommend a pure mage build. Killing efficiency is high, mana regen is great, and with some attention to your surroundings you wont get hit very often minimizing the need for vit or heavier armor. It's squishy though, so if you get aggro or adds it can get tense and you will die from time to time.
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Just_cool wrote:
    well writing a build guide doesn't really mean to play them all, i just gathered the info from other's experience and some of my theories, if u would like to add something to it, i'll edit it and give u credit
    btw, mihai = me
    Well the guide is kinda old, and theres really no sense in adding to it/bumping it, specially when Reikara has a stickied guide showing it off. Sorry I didnt mean to insult you or anything, the guide was just lacking for that section, I could never write a guide myself though, lol.
  • cityspiderman
    edited March 2009
    Ok lets say if I am also intereted in PVP. What would be the ultimate build for argument sake.

I think I will read Reikara, but still open for suggestions

Thanks a lot

FYI, is there a way to change just fox ears and/or foxy tail in customization?