What weapons should I use?

flightz17
flightz17 Posts: 12 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm level 40 and I've been sorta iffy the whole game on where I should be getting my weapons and definitely even more confused on where I should be getting it later.

Should I be buying my weapons from the blacksmith (this is what I've been doing for a while)?

From other players in catshops (I look around the catshops but I never see weapons I can use for my level, plus I have no idea if the price they've listed is worth the money)? Or auction perhaps?

Should I manufacture them with the weapons crafting skill(If so, what level should my blacksmith level be until the weapons I craft actually become useful)?

If the answer is the last one, which it seems to be, what level should I start crafting at? And should I use the blacksmith? Or something else?

I don't really understand molds (and other high quality materials), when should I start worrying about getting those materials and crafting with them? And where do I do it?

It's a lot of questions, but it's been on my mind for a while and I seem to be getting to the level where I need better weapons than I can buy from the blacksmithb:surrender
Post edited by flightz17 on

Comments

• Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'll try to answer these in order.

1: Never buy equipment from the NPC's. Check the Auctioneer for decent deals on new weapon. In a lot of cases you can better quality for a similar price. Sometimes you can find stuff in catshops, it's up to you if you want to spend a lot of time looking though.

2: You can craft if you want to, or you can ignore it. Different people will tell you different things. Personally I just craft with whatever mats I have gathered myself. Because the quality of items is random you may end up with a bunch of junk, or you could make a sweet 3-star with max sockets. There really isn't a minimum level to start crafting, though the higher you get the more difficult it is to catch up imo. You have to make a special trip to gather lower mats.

3: Molds are used to craft Legendary equipment and most of them drop from FB bosses. These are used at the Forges near General Summer. Higher level mats such as TT or FF drop inside those instances and are also used to craft a special version of legendary gear. TT gear starts at 60 with weapons, and it is strongly advised that you get one asap after 60. You can farm them yourself by running TT, or you can just farm the cash and buy the mats or even the crafted item. Most people will tell you it is faster to just farm the cash.