Allow Physical Attacks During Movement

Lepios - Lost City
Lepios - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Suggestion Box
Here is my suggestion -

I've noticed while moving, if a ranged mob moves away from you to get an attack off - your attack mode is temporarily paused until you stop moving again once you are within range, at which point it then resumes -- technically creating a turn-based situation in which you must reinitiate any skills you have queued in the event they are cancelled due to movement.

Because of this small issue, classes relying on physical attacks are at a disadvantage. I think it would provide more balancing to allow for a smoother transition of movement/attacking.

This way, if a mob you are attacking moves, you auto follow it and can attack in range (given that you are within range while chasing the mob), despite the fact that you are running toward it.

I believe that this is truly an issue for all classes in game, regardless of reliance upon physical, ranged physical, or magic attacking. I think it most profoundly impacts classes based on physical damage, however.

If you compare true mmo's (as much as I hate to bring it up - games like WoW, Everquest2, even FFXI) attack mechanism - it remains fluid despite movement, which truely defines free-action vs. turn-based attacking. (This is just an example, I don't need to be flamed because I mentioned another mmo, I have no preference for any of the above. It should be noted that they are all really successful games, and game mechanics are a huge contributing factor to that success - which is why I thought it would be helpful to use the above as an example ^^)