Explain the server situation please...

Holyhellian - Heavens Tear
Holyhellian - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
I'm a little slow at this game sometimes, as it is my first MMORPG (other than RS forever ago, lol). What would happen if I switch servers? Do I loose my stuff, have to start over in some areas, find new friends/faction? And can I switch back and all my original stuff still be there? I ask this because while in game today, I found a lot of people selling everything they had for cheap... why? To switch? Please enlighten me, lol.
I'm your Guardian Angel, but careful, I can bite hard if the need arises. b:cool

-Alt Char- RangeRunner *Archer* b:avoid
Post edited by Holyhellian - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    What I know about it: You can't switch any item or character to another server. I also believe that coins can't be transfered either.

You can have characters on different server. Each will have their own stuff.
  • justachickk
    justachickk Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Look at it as making a character on a different game, rather than switching servers. All the characters you made on the HT server will stay there, as well as all the stuff you have. If you make a character on one of the new servers, you're starting, fresh, brand new. You cannot transfer characters or items from one server to the next.

When you log in, you have the option to click on which server you want to play on. So you can split your time between HT and the new server. b:victory
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    When you change servers, you start completely new. If you want to go back, your stuff will still be there. I have a veno on HT so i do it all the time. And you cant trade stuff between servers, imagine how OP a lvl 90 on LC would be if they could move their stuff to a different server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • aixel
    aixel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'm curious. What is the reason you guys have for switching to new servers, or staying on the your on?

mine is : I'm staying cause its gonna be a cluster f**k over there.
  • kagewolf
    kagewolf Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'm switching cause I only just started playing about a week before they announced the new servers, and will also be moving to New Jersey. (same time zone as server) And cause someone already has my name. XD
    Yeah, I'm a **** barbarian, you wanna fight about it?

Wakka wakka wakka Rarw!
  • relek
    relek Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Think of it like you just started the game over. You'll have nothing, and no access to you items on the other server. But you will be able to go back to your other charcter on the other server any time you like. It's like wiping the slate clean.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *Actual screenshot taken in game.

IGN: Relek
    Server: Lost City

PVE Is for Cowards b:surrender
    PVP is for the Cool people b:cool
  • EdmondDantes - Lost City
    EdmondDantes - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    kagewolf wrote: »
    I'm switching cause I only just started playing about a week before they announced the new servers, and will also be moving to New Jersey. (same time zone as server) And cause someone already has my name. XD

weird, I thought you couldn't use a character name already in use by someone else in another server.

as for me, i'm staying behind. Lost City FTW :D
  • Archwillow - Sanctuary
    Archwillow - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The names go across all servers. I was curious myself and tried it tonight before server shut down. I tried to use several different names I knew were taken on one server on another server and I could not use them.
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    People are leaving to have a chance at experiencing pve tw for tier 1 and tier 2 lands, to have a chance at tw or to be the best first, they can be the bullies on the new pvp server since no one will be super higher lvl then they are, or not as much lag!!!!

I am staying on lost city since i've invested too much into my char, no christmas blessing on new servers, and i dont wanna reroll to another type of char so i might as well just keep mine.
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    PvP server - Full of botters,people who play to much, cash shoppers.

PvE - Meh w.e

Im staying on my current server, I won't leave. Spent time leveling and getting the stuff I have now..Mold farming isnt fun lol.

I wont re-roll ;p
  • justachickk
    justachickk Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The names go across all servers. I was curious myself and tried it tonight before server shut down. I tried to use several different names I knew were taken on one server on another server and I could not use them.

I hope the Mod answered this question correctly b:question
    andracil wrote: »
    Yes, you can use the name you had on another server.
  • andreav
    andreav Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    can i make a character name that is taken on a old server on the new one ? because all the good names are taken at lost city. =P
  • Keita_ibuki - Sanctuary
    Keita_ibuki - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Servers will be up after this maintenance is finished, if you do decide to switch, yes, you will not have your items anymore. Switching servers would mean needing to create a brand new character and starting off with a clean slate, however if you do decide to switch back, then yes, all your items will still be there in that server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lvl 4x Fist-Bm- Keita, Lvl 6x Cleric- Shinron, Lvl 6x Veno- Sierna (Sanctuary server)

Lvl 3x Fist Blademaster (Dreamweaver server)

Leader of Exceed faction- Together we will exceed beyond all limits b:cool.

"Death will follow you, no matter where you go"...
  • Kittyeyes - Heavens Tear
    Kittyeyes - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    as a new player to PWI ( 2 weeks ) now i think mostly, i would like to start fresh with a new server loolz this is my highest charecter and i didnt spend that much on her so i goo with the fresh start b:victory any how , the only problem will be with the fb19 b:shocked o got help from high lvl players on HT and in the new server it will be a hard time finishing it , for me and other players, wish all luck with that ( i hope soo badly lolz)b:bye

PS: i screwed my using the skills points any way specially i need some points to lvl my manufacturing skills. so now i can start and i know what skills i want lulz
  • Holyhellian - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Ok, that definitely helps! I'll probably stay around on HT since that's where my friends are. I might eventually try the PvP. But I have a few questions on that as well:
    1)If I want to PK, must I be on a designated PvP server?
    2)If I'm on a PvP server, can anyone at any time PK me (or I them)?
    3)How long do PK penalties last?
    4)Whats a kick @ss DD class for PKing? (I've got an Archer on HT, and might like to try to do another one "right", but might be interested in veno.) what's your thoughts/experience?

Thanks again!
    I'm your Guardian Angel, but careful, I can bite hard if the need arises. b:cool

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Ok, that definitely helps! I'll probably stay around on HT since that's where my friends are. I might eventually try the PvP. But I have a few questions on that as well:
    1)If I want to PK, must I be on a designated PvP server?
    2)If I'm on a PvP server, can anyone at any time PK me (or I them)?
    3)How long do PK penalties last?
    4)Whats a kick @ss DD class for PKing? (I've got an Archer on HT, and might like to try to do another one "right", but might be interested in veno.) what's your thoughts/experience?

Thanks again!

1. You can be on any, but Lost City and Harshlands will have more people to attack.
    2. After you get to level 30, anyone can attack you and you can attack anyone.
    3. Each kill is 2 hours red in game. Max is 200. During this red name, you can lose your items.
    4. People will say overpowered phoenix when associating veno with PvP. Archer is still good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Averian - Lost City
    Averian - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i played only 3 days and like whole day and night cause i am stuck at home so i wont change cause i did my char perfectly the way i want and i dont want to run anymore no way... it is a torture... good luck to those who are switching servers. you wont want to run seriously. but if you dont mind then well good luck. and i joined a friendly clan so i wont leave. good luck to all who are switching.
  • Holyhellian - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Great! thanks for the reply and good info. I won't be switching for a while, like I said, I've got my (real) friends on HT, and I still have a lot to learn. Maybe I'll play on the Pvp server on the side in the future, but HT will consume the majority of my time. My goal is to bad one butt-kick'n cleric, and that can't happen if I switch servers every time a new one is made b:laugh.

• Nnn - Sanctuary
    Nnn - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    im staying b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NNN-SANCTUARY