Creating your Character.

Options
Cooki - Heavens Tear
Cooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 192 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Chronicles
I was just wondering Is there anyway to make one of your characters look similiar or exactly the same as a previous character you have by creating a file in the game or saving the character you made previously as a premade ?

If there is can someone tell me how since I have no idea how to do this at all :P
Post edited by Cooki - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Hecatrice - Heavens Tear
    Hecatrice - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I was just wondering Is there anyway to make one of your characters look similiar or exactly the same as a previous character you have by creating a file in the game or saving the character you made previously as a premade ?

If there is can someone tell me how since I have no idea how to do this at all :P

Before you make any changes to your current character, you can save your settings under the Presets panel and name it. Then you can make any alterations you wish and if you do not like the outcome, just select the preset you saved earlier and voila.. your previous settings have adjusted as before.

I hope that helps.

Take care :)
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    yes it does!
    But what sucks is
    The character That i like canot be modified -_- been about a month :P
    so I guess ill just go create a character now and just save it for later :]

thank you so much it helped alot!
  • DeliaLotus - Lost City
    DeliaLotus - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If you have (from the quest at level 30ish) or can get a makeover scroll, I presume you could use that to edit your character and save the settings. If you're planning on completely transferring servers, this shouldn't be too hard since you could potentially sell things to get enough for the makeover scroll.

I haven't actually used a makeover scroll, so I can't guarantee it will work. But I think it should in principle.

Also note, if you're changing classes this becomes more difficult, since the presets only save for each class. There is a potential solution to this, assuming no class with special characteristics is involved (i.e. venomancer or barbarian):

Find your preset file and copy it to the preset directory for your new class *without opening the file* - which I think is probably legal by ToS (please correct me if I'm wrong mods/gms, I'm not advocating breaking ToS), since you didn't modify and files, but simply copied the preset to a different species.

Note: making a preset file for your new class, then performing a search for your characters preset filename and the new filename should get you the correct folders relevant to the two classes.
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    thats true thats what i was thining but i might try the make over scroll like u suggested

&& even if i wanted to make a char look the same you cannot have the same hair as a cleric with a BM -_- well not all the hair styles which sucks
  • taeniasis
    taeniasis Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    you can get cleric hairstyles, it involves modding the character files, except I dont think that ur allowed to mod thhe character files.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If you have (from the quest at level 30ish) or can get a makeover scroll, I presume you could use that to edit your character and save the settings. If you're planning on completely transferring servers, this shouldn't be too hard since you could potentially sell things to get enough for the makeover scroll.

I haven't actually used a makeover scroll, so I can't guarantee it will work. But I think it should in principle.

Also note, if you're changing classes this becomes more difficult, since the presets only save for each class. There is a potential solution to this, assuming no class with special characteristics is involved (i.e. venomancer or barbarian):

Find your preset file and copy it to the preset directory for your new class *without opening the file* - which I think is probably legal by ToS (please correct me if I'm wrong mods/gms, I'm not advocating breaking ToS), since you didn't modify and files, but simply copied the preset to a different species.

Note: making a preset file for your new class, then performing a search for your characters preset filename and the new filename should get you the correct folders relevant to the two classes.

01/11/31/61/17 are the female setting folders(2 human, 1 veno, and 2 Wing Elf), and 00/10/60/70 are the male setting folders (2 human and 2 Winged elf).

Oh, and if you move a setting file to the veno folder, and use it for a character it will default to fox, I believe (short eared fox), but if you move a file from the veno folder to another folder, apply it, save it as a different name, and move it back it will be the same as it was before, so it's a setting in the file itself, I think.

This is only my opinion, but if all that is being done is moving the file from one folder to another, there shouldn't be a problem.

taeniasis wrote: »
    you can get cleric hairstyles, it involves modding the character files, except I dont think that ur allowed to mod thhe character files.

No, it doesn't. All female hair styles are available to all races. Same with the male hairstyles...except for Untamed since...they don't have hair, they have fur which...can't be styled. Well, maybe the lions can style their manes...lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by
    01/11/31/61/17
    i get the moving folders part but i dunno about the numbers

soo 61 an 17 would be elves?
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by
    01/11/31/61/17
    i get the moving folders part but i dunno about the numbers

soo 61 an 17 would be elves?

[directory path from c:\]\Perfect World International\element\userdata\character\customize\*

The numbered directories are the sub folders in the customize directory containing the individual settings file seperated by class and gender. Each class has two directories for each gender except for untamed in which there is only one class per gender and only one gender has customized setting files. If you were to create one for male untamed it should be in the 30 directory as the female untamed are in the 31 directory. The Winged Elf files are in 60/61 (archer m/f) and 70/71 (cleeric)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ahh ty ty so much
    im gonna mess around with it (:
    and see if i ca nget the same look since i like it alot :P
  • l3ellax
    l3ellax Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i can't modify my cleric character and its really getting on my nerves. it says you can modify them after 2 days of creation but its been a week lol
  • Merulz - Harshlands
    Merulz - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    l3ellax wrote: »
    i can't modify my cleric character and its really getting on my nerves. it says you can modify them after 2 days of creation but its been a week lol

You can only modify them within 2 days of creation.
  • nator
    nator Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    [directory path from c:\]\Perfect World International\element\userdata\character\customize\*

The numbered directories are the sub folders in the customize directory containing the individual settings file seperated by class and gender. Each class has two directories for each gender except for untamed in which there is only one class per gender and only one gender has customized setting files. If you were to create one for male untamed it should be in the 30 directory as the female untamed are in the 31 directory. The Winged Elf files are in 60/61 (archer m/f) and 70/71 (cleeric)

What you said really worked thx. It's a real pain trying to recreate a character your way was easy.
    War of Immortals
    Olympus West Server

ID 7030141G010001089000801S13fb1f
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    No, it doesn't. All female hair styles are available to all races. Same with the male hairstyles...except for Untamed since...they don't have hair, they have fur which...can't be styled. Well, maybe the lions can style their manes...lol
    That would be nice, but it's just not true. Any hairstyle that would get in the way of fox ears isn't available to venos, for example (like the brown headscarf).
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Necromancy, please don't resurrect threads that have been dead for over a month, or in this case 4 b:shocked b:chuckle
This discussion has been closed.