pure fox help.

Options
potatoeyes
potatoeyes Posts: 22 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Venomancer
i only started playing PW about a month ago, i took an archer and blademaster to 35 and now i want to hardcore a veno on harshlands as i will have a lot of free time for a while

i looked at the first 5 pages of this section, including the stickys, but most of what i want to know isn't exactly answered in an easy "okay do this and then do that" fashion, just subjective opinion. though i'm sure it would help if i actually played a veno before because not knowing any acronyms probably makes my 'research' harder.

basically i want to be a lazy **** and just sit in fox form the entire time, i dont really care if its not recommended till later because of the lack of stat points, i just feel going with it.

so my questions

-how do i build my stats if i want to wear the latest weapon/few levels lower heavy armor? if somebody could give me one of those stat growth things that'd be great (example: every level add x x x, every alt level add x x x).

that is of course if its actually applicable for veno (i dont know if theres a systametic way to add stats or if you have to raise it differently every so often with this specific build)

-whats my pet situation, apparently since im guna be lazy and not using magic i don't heal it?
---is it okay if it dies?
---is it even useful to a fox form veno? or do i just use it as another source of dps as im the main tank anyway.
---which pet do i get for this build at around lvl 20?

-again not being in the game right now or ever playing a veno probably makes me look like a jackass but what weapon do i go?

-i'm the kind of player who likes to just grind asap on a new server so i dont have to bother with the early drama, i love PVP and PK (im from cabal/2moons) but i'd rather let the rest of the competition talk **** then come out of the woodworks later ->

so my question is is this build a viable pve one?
---i know its not as fast as an arcane veno but can i get some rough ideas on what leveling is like from 1-40 in fox form the entire time?

fast? efficient? fun?

thx for any info~
Post edited by potatoeyes on

Comments

• Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    potatoeyes wrote: »
    -how do i build my stats if i want to wear the latest weapon/few levels lower heavy armor? if somebody could give me one of those stat growth things that'd be great (example: every level add x x x, every alt level add x x x).

that is of course if its actually applicable for veno (i dont know if theres a systametic way to add stats or if you have to raise it differently every so often with this specific build)
    Theres no set build, just look ahead at you next weapons/armors and pump what you can, best weapon are your levelx3, then the other stats just wing it.
    -whats my pet situation, apparently since im guna be lazy and not using magic i don't heal it?
    ---is it okay if it dies?
    ---is it even useful to a fox form veno? or do i just use it as another source of dps as im the main tank anyway.
    ---which pet do i get for this build at around lvl 20?
    You can use pet heal while in fox form, and you SHOULD
    Your pet should still be tanking for you, theres no reason for you to take unneeded damage/repair bills.
    I'd still stick with a magmite.
    -again not being in the game right now or ever playing a veno probably makes me look like a jackass but what weapon do i go?

All the weapons work pretty much the same, just find the best one you can find, it wont make any impact.
    so my question is is this build a viable pve one?
    ---i know its not as fast as an arcane veno but can i get some rough ideas on what leveling is like from 1-40 in fox form the entire time?
    It'll work fine in pve
    Can't say from experience, but 1-40 is relatively quick, doesnt matter on class or build.
    fast? efficient? fun?

Maybe, could be worse, opinionative.
  • nephi2ph1
    nephi2ph1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Stats...is going to depend on What-stats, your gear Has. Gunna be playen the Stat-balancing game if you want to wear Current-Armour + use a Current weapon.

I lvled from 1-37 usen the gold magic-sword lvl 22 molded weap~ It has nice dex and dmg~ ....then I snagged a 3star +3dex/3str weap around 37...and another weap change 3star +6stat weap at lvl 47~ ...and now usen a lvl 57 3star +5str weap. The whole time I managed to never fall behind in weapons or gears. But thats much thanks to people selling +7stat and +6stat items XD ...I love my gears<3 ...total, they add a extra 47stat-points~

Pets situation...preference is all...playen a heavy-fox not gunna change anything.

Weapon...first stick to Magical-weapons that favour Physical attacks. I think the wand...has lowest physical attack attributes I think~ But mainly....find a 3star or a molded weap that not a wand + has nice bonus stats....of the str/dex nature~ Try to get armours that give extra Int so you can use your weapon...and let your weap let you help wear your armour~ THATS what gunna get tricky at-times. That, tight-rope of stat building, adjusting to What-comes-your-way. Theres no cookie-cutter "oh add 2str/2int/1dex blahblah" ...since it a very odd-class Stat-wise to play. Don't add anything you Not need. Add what you need to wear What you want/need with what gears you Have. Gotta plan ahead for changes of what gears you-get and Don't-get. You could bid on a weap in auctions..and lose the bid then find a +6str necklace and if you added str Already~ and looking to add dex/int instead...then you find yourself short and a excess of added str....that kinda blows~ >_<

The Build...is good at anything...your p.def is gunna be insanely Good~ ...ands just lvl a Select magic skills A-little bit....for those ranged hitters or suicide monsters~ Grinding it gunna be a snap...sinec hardly any magic-hitting mobs BUT poison since not have great hp until late in tehgame is gunna be rather...Sneeeky XDDD basically I only use hp-pots when I take on a big mob or 2+ use poison on me~