Why do higher lvls help with FB dungeons?

flightz17
flightz17 Posts: 12 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Most of them allow players they help to keep drops also. Is the experience very, very good for them? Will a level 60+ benefit from FB29? or even FB19?
Post edited by flightz17 on

Comments

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    They get good exp and spirit. Just make sure they finish your quests while in there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    Cooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    a level 60 benefits more then you do from your own FB.
    Its faster then grinding and also takes a short period of time.
    Since you really aren't learning anything you just sit there and Wonder while everything gets done.
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    a level 60 benefits more then you do from your own FB.
    Its faster then grinding and also takes a short period of time.
    Since you really aren't learning anything you just sit there and Wonder while everything gets done.

Nail on the Head. They do get a fair bit of EXP. FB's are made strictly for the higher level folks. It would make more sense if you could just trade the quest to them and let them do without you. You being there just means that if they are sloppy you might get killed while you follow them around looking at the scenery and realizing that gravity in those dungeons is a harsh mistress. (You will see what I mean there if you have not done it yet lol)

Supposedly if you get a group of similar level folks together you can do the quest but in my expierience that is BS. You would need a large group and they better be at least a few levels above when you get the quest and very well oiled as a fighting unit to stand a chance. (And not for the first FB when you have **** for skills)
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Supposedly if you get a group of similar level folks together you can do the quest but in my expierience that is BS. You would need a large group and they better be at least a few levels above when you get the quest and very well oiled as a fighting unit to stand a chance. (And not for the first FB when you have **** for skills)

It is possible with a group of similar levels. But you'd better have 2 clerics at least to heal that barb that's tanking for you. I've yet to run into an FB that couldn't be done with a Barb, Two Clerics, and Three Venos. And someone had better take charge. 6 people with 6 different plans die really fast. And in FB's, pulling is your friend. One at a time. Yes, it goes extreeeeeeeeeeeemely slow. But it's better than wiping when that mob you didn't see in behind the group you were taking goes straight for a cleric.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The issue of what they want is usually to each individual and in some instances in which sever you are. Please, notice this is not "help since they have reasons to do the FB (it is a paid job).

Some want all/any/ or several of the following:

Spirits
    Exps
    Reps
    Mats/Molds/Coins

You doing your own FB with similar level guys is posible but not recomended since it is a waste of resourses (time/coins/exps/potions) since you guys will die very often due to lack of teamwork and lack of knowing what to expect inside the dungeon (mobs that explode after you killed them, mobs that are conected and you can only pull with venos, booby traps, ect).

I'm at level 48 and stil I have not posted the first message about: "helping with FB, PM me". However, when I'm traveling I usually mention: "If anyone needs help let me know"

If I can help on quests, bosses, FB's ect. I do it

Edit: Some help because they are nice.
  • Cirdan - Lost City
    Cirdan - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Not to mention all the higher lvls that need reputation. Many do fb's for that reason alone. I help out with fb's when I can, mostly for the reputation, but also for the experience and spirit. At lvl 64 I'm at 2250 rep. The requirements for Rank 3 (my next rank) is lvl 50 and 2500 rep. Needless to say I'm a bit behind. Rep is so hard to come by. I could be rank 4, but I don't have near the amount of rep that is required.
  • elrohir6789
    elrohir6789 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    well and they get blood, which some of them may use at the legendary forges
    future veno (when the new servers come out. gonna b on the PvE server)
    formally demodude level 45 BM on sanctuary
    Plazmawolf: if you yell at SRAFF to do TT one more time im gonna kick your !@#$%^& @$^ got it?b:laugh
  • justachickk
    justachickk Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2009

You doing your own FB with similar level guys is posible but not recomended since it is a waste of resourses (time/coins/exps/potions) since you guys will die very often due to lack of teamwork and lack of knowing what to expect inside the dungeon (mobs that explode after you killed them, mobs that are conected and you can only pull with venos, booby traps, ect).

I would recommend doing it with same level people, or a tad higher. There is a lot to be learned about playing your character and about your role in a party when struggling through an fb.

Just my thoughts b:pleased
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited March 2009

I've died in a FB, but haven't wiped, since I've run FB19. I'm the sacrificial lamb. I'm the one who is always in front pulling, and stays just a little bit ahead of the party so that if anything goes wrong, it gets me first, and leaves the clerics alone so I can be ressed. Granted, I don't run it with random people, and I really wouldn't recommend that in the first place, but I run it with people from my Faction. Running it with Faction members gives you a group of people you've already worked with on other things, so teamwork isn't a problem.

Plus, the joys of being a Veno leading a faction: My members respect me, so most of the time, we go with my idea for running the FB. I don't bark orders, and we actually enjoy doing them. Normally we end up joking during the FB. During bosses, I step back. Bosses aren't my domain. I leave that to the tank and clerics and follow their advice.

Point is, you can do almost anything in this game with a group of people that functions good as a whole. I've seen high level wipe on things we went in and had no problem with. It's all about trust and communication.
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    And rep?! b:bye
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    I would recommend doing it with same level people, or a tad higher. There is a lot to be learned about playing your character and about your role in a party when struggling through an fb.

Just my thoughts b:pleased

TBH, I do try to do dificult quest like FB on my own, as long as my exps are less than 1%. So, If I die I do not lose anything.

For instance, yesterday I had to kill jewelscalen and another boss. I read the quest guides on this forum and I knew what to expect and what to do.

I had 0.2% exps. We tried jewelscalen and failed. we followed the recomendation squad wise but I knew we would failed since the recomendation mentiones higher levels.

we killed the other boss that is close by, I died once and later I was added in another squad for jewelscalen and they killed him. I just lost 0.2% exps in my experiment.

So, you are welcome to try.
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    or how about this.
    They help just because they are nice.
    Yeah right :P
    I know thats not why I ever helped with an FB -_-
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    or how about this.
    They help just because they are nice.
    Yeah right :P
    I know thats not why I ever helped with an FB -_-

I will edit my original post due to this.b:victory
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    the bosses in higher lvl fb's get stupidly fat. i mean...if its not going to kill the tank for the first 5min wut makes them think if it lasts another 5min it can? zzzzz

same lvls in fb is doable, but in later lvls u might want a tank that is much higher lvl to make the boss fights easier.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    mbrunestud wrote: »
    the bosses in higher lvl fb's get stupidly fat. i mean...if its not going to kill the tank for the first 5min wut makes them think if it lasts another 5min it can? zzzzz

same lvls in fb is doable, but in later lvls u might want a tank that is much higher lvl to make the boss fights easier.

omg yes. Shooting Aura(Dimentora): Substancia is just ridiculous. Stupid easy fight the whole way through, but takes about a year to kill him =/
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    I will edit my original post due to this.b:victory

Lol
    Yeah but even if you think they are just being "nice"
    they have a hidden agenda of either EXP or that MOLD
    especially if its a new player.
    And most people who do FB's dont even bother to talk to the Tabber
    They treat them like **** usually.
    "just tab here"
    then they ditch them.

I usually stay close to the tabber rather then follow the people killing.
    Because this is after all for the tabber and not the other people.
    And I get bitched at for it all the time.
    But idc, Slow down so the tabber can catch up and suck a pineapple is what i think :P
  • Semyezza - Heavens Tear
    Semyezza - Heavens Tear Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I've died in a FB, but haven't wiped, since I've run FB19. I'm the sacrificial lamb. I'm the one who is always in front pulling, and stays just a little bit ahead of the party so that if anything goes wrong, it gets me first, and leaves the clerics alone so I can be ressed. Granted, I don't run it with random people, and I really wouldn't recommend that in the first place, but I run it with people from my Faction. Running it with Faction members gives you a group of people you've already worked with on other things, so teamwork isn't a problem.

Plus, the joys of being a Veno leading a faction: My members respect me, so most of the time, we go with my idea for running the FB. I don't bark orders, and we actually enjoy doing them. Normally we end up joking during the FB. During bosses, I step back. Bosses aren't my domain. I leave that to the tank and clerics and follow their advice.

Point is, you can do almost anything in this game with a group of people that functions good as a whole. I've seen high level wipe on things we went in and had no problem with. It's all about trust and communication.

Sacrificial lambs unite. b:surrender I don't even do it on purpose. Stuff just... hates me. o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I. LIKE. TO. KILL. THINGS."
    - Richard the Warlock, LFG.

visit my gallery on !! quelfish.deviantart.com !!
  • Matter56 - Lost City
    Matter56 - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Cant believ only 2 other 7xs posted for this lolz anyways ya once u get to lvl 65+ u get much fewer quest. only like 2-4 each lvl till lvl 70 then it starts all over again. fb19 gives me about 20k xp when i solo it. 29 gives me around 15k 39 around 60k and 51 i have no idea lolz. Also u get some rep wich u need to get to rank 3. And alot of us are just to lazy to grind and we all know who we are *cough*me*cough* b:victory hahaha jk i grind every now and then
  • Matter56 - Lost City
    Matter56 - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    lolz and if any of u guys need fbs done 19-51. im not quite able to do 59 yet b:victory also i do stay close to the taber and i treat them like a friend cus they are basically given me free xp b:laugh so if any of u need an fb done message matter56. cya ingame b:bye
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I do FBs because I'm nice lol.. I only do FBs for my guildies
    They bore me deepely. except fb59 I luv fb59 oh and fb19 I do that also fb29 not to mention fb39 yeah I only do those oh and fb51 yes I luv FBS!!!!!!
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)