gps/movement question

Noldo_cuar - Sanctuary
Noldo_cuar - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
ok is it just me or do you think the gps system's not set up in meters but rather some weird system. So can anyone tell me what system that gps is using? Since i'm an archer supposedly moving a 5.6 m/s and yet i only see it move like maybe 1 number everysecond if that... any ideas from anyone?
Post edited by Noldo_cuar - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Noldo_cuar - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    bump b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Well thats because the co-ordinates are just that; co-ordinates. They are numbers for a grid system that the map uses. If they were in metres we'd probably have six digit long coordinates (e.g. 168713 268745). b:chuckle

The entire PW world is divided 1000sectors by 1000sectors (verified by setting way points at 000 000 and 999 999). So the co-ordinates represent the junction points of the 1 million sectors the "world" is divided into.

As for how many metres per sector, I don't know and I don't think I even wanna know! b:laugh Its not important.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Noldo_cuar - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    well yes i understand it's a cordinate system but i was wondering how they actually set up the speed and such since as i've seen it none of the speeds match up with it as i'm supposedly moving at 5.x m/s but yet the cords barely move :/ i was wondering hwo much 1 cord was.
  • Ellestor - Heavens Tear
    Ellestor - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    About 14 meters per 1 coordinate point.