How to be Successful in a new PvP Server?

DivineChang - Heavens Tear
DivineChang - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Dawnglory (EU)
Hey, I'm planning on joining Harshlands when it comes out. Do any PvP veterans have advice for being successful in a new PvP server?

PKing is fun but I just don't get enough of it in Heavens Tear b:victory. Thanks in advance for your replies.
Post edited by DivineChang - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• AleonCiel - Lost City
    AleonCiel - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hey, I'm planning on joining Harshlands when it comes out. Do any PvP veterans have advice for being successful in a new PvP server?

PKing is fun but I just don't get enough of it in Heavens Tear b:victory. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Don't be a carebear. b:victory
  • TheCid - Lost City
    TheCid - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Per each time you get PKed you need to PK 5 people. That way you don't go emo about getting killed and build up "respect" and skillz. I hate using that term on a online game, kind of silly asking for respect on the internet >_>

P.S: Don't you foocking rage in PMes to anyone. Ever. That just show how weak you are and give them more reasons to keep on aiming you.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Dont whine when you die.
    Dont start world chat drama each time you pk or get pk'd.
    Dont join a guild with many KOS if u cant take it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • DivineChang - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    What does KOS stand for?
  • AleonCiel - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    What does KOS stand for?

Kill on Sight. You will be seeing a lot of these if you join a PvP server.
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Good luck surviving on NEW PVP SERVER XD I'll BE WAITING For Carebears from PVE servers
  • AleonCiel - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Good luck surviving on NEW PVP SERVER XD I'll BE WAITING For Carebears from PVE servers

I know going to be fun to see how well there guilds stand up to the LC ones.
  • MistresShade - Sanctuary
    MistresShade - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I know going to be fun to see how well there guilds stand up to the LC ones.

All I see are idiots thinking they are better jsut because they started on a PvP server. Not everyone on PvE servers are Carebears, or unable to handle the PK. People like you though, who think they are all that, give all PKers and PvP servers a bad name. Try growing up.
    I am the biggest hypocrit you will ever see or hear, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Greed destroys even the tightest of bonds
  • Funkyfatface - Lost City
    Funkyfatface - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hmm how to survive on the new pvp server...
    KILL the Carebear hater Shano!!!!!! b:angry
  • DivineChang - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    All I see are idiots thinking they are better jsut because they started on a PvP server. Not everyone on PvE servers are Carebears, or unable to handle the PK. People like you though, who think they are all that, give all PKers and PvP servers a bad name. Try growing up.

Thanks, I was going to say something along these lines but you did it for me.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited February 2009

You seem to forget some details.
    These 'idiots' face kos in their grind time everyday, with no blue name option.
    These 'idiots' face guild wars everyday, with no blue name option.
    These 'idiots' get their zhen parties crashed everyday, with no blue name option.
    These 'idiots' have way more pvp experience than anyone who started on the tea-party servers.
    For these 'idiots' harshland will be like LC, for you it will be something completely new.

Jut reminding ya, carebear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• ayako55
    ayako55 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Kill on Sight. You will be seeing a lot of these if you join a PvP server.

they're used to ksos. Kill steal on sight.
    Xtacy
  • MistresShade - Sanctuary
    MistresShade - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You seem to forget some details.
    These 'idiots' face kos in their grind time everyday, with no blue name option.
    These 'idiots' face guild wars everyday, with no blue name option.
    These 'idiots' get their zhen parties crashed everyday, with no blue name option.
    These 'idiots' have way more pvp experience than anyone who started on the tea-party servers.
    For these 'idiots' harshland will be like LC, for you it will be something completely new.

Jut reminding ya, carebear.

KOS, not hard to deal with imo, ignore it and move on, or fight back until they decide to leave you alone.
    Guild wars, you are on a PvP server, its your own damn fault, if you can't deal quit, if you can shut up.
    Really now, who needs to Zhen? I have never once Zhened, and if I wasn't lazy I would be 90+ right now.
    PvP experiance because they get KoS or random PKed? Thats not experiance thats just dieing a pointless death, or of course killing the person who tried to PK you, still not much difference between the servers.
    I have a few characters on LC and knwo what I am doing, don't presume oyu know me because I called a few LC people morons.

I am not a carebear, I just prefer PvE at times.
    I am the biggest hypocrit you will ever see or hear, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Greed destroys even the tightest of bonds
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i like how every newfag says carebear, but are more than likely the type of people with a nervous twitch as soon as their name goes white.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    KOS, not hard to deal with imo
    Says a player from a server where such thing can be completely avoided.

Guild wars, you are on a PvP server, its your own damn fault, if you can't deal quit, if you can shut up.
    We love wars, what I was saying is that a LC player has by far more experience in this than you carebears.

Really now, who needs to Zhen? I have never once Zhened, and if I wasn't lazy I would be 90+ right now.
    You obviously dont get the meaning of "crashed zhen", that means lost money and you dont know fights over grind spots.
    Yeah u dont grind just because u got free time, u gotta fight for it constantly.

PvP experiance because they get KoS or random PKed? Thats not experiance thats just dieing a pointless death, or of course killing the person who tried to PK you, still not much difference between the servers.
    PvP experience because we have to deal with these things daily, you dont.
    "Not much difference between servers"... well that says a lot about your pvp experience rofl!

I have a few characters on LC and knwo what I am doing, don't presume you know me because I called a few LC people morons.
    Words words words, you're posting as someone from the tea-party server, you can be deity for all I care

Hopefully that's clear enough for you, carebear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Jubas - Lost City
    Jubas - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    personally i only pk reds and random pkrs so if ur red ill b havin fun ^^
  • Shano - Lost City
    edited February 2009

come at me b:bye xD

and again good luck xD
    guess in PVE server people hardly fight over grinding spots that's why
    i luv how BM can't even kill me in 5 mins xD
  • Clickhere - Lost City
    Clickhere - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    come at me b:bye xD

and again good luck xD
    guess in PVE server people hardly fight over grinding spots that's why
    i luv how BM can't even kill me in 5 mins xD

holy **** lol that must be some **** warriors xD. As far as i know you can stun lock for 15 second and that is way more than needed if you either have enough chi for dragon or got berserker axes. I'd say you could kite away with barrier -> sleep -> barrier -> sleep (If the warrior don't have enough chi for red sprint) but what's the point in that. Also most warriors are unaware and don't get the seal skill. That adds up for a long time of disabling targets.

Lessie, leave them alone. They'll have to learn all first hand. Also it means we can get some kills advantage on these ranks.
    Raven:"...Don't joke with my intelligence"b:laugh
  • guillkiller
    guillkiller Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    if u want to survive in this server Join Crimson (http://crimson.forumotion.net)

but a few ppl can handle it
  • Forkinhell - Heavens Tear
    Forkinhell - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The way to be successful is to be a Carebear like me and give people lots of cuddless b:cuteb:shy
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    /haiku/ - Lost City Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    KOS, not hard to deal with imo, ignore it and move on, or fight back until they decide to leave you alone.
    I have a few characters on LC and knwo what I am doing, don't presume oyu know me because I called a few LC people morons.

I am not a carebear, I just prefer PvE at times.

1) Guilds that KoS you or your guild will often follow you around or make rounds looking to kill lots at once, and they usually do so with a level advantage and/or a gank squad in tow. One such example is the swamp, where PvP abounds from a level range of 5x-9x. Often times people will try to get you to die to mobs so that you lose exp as well. It's not a complaint on my part, I'm just saying that it is not something you can get away from. In fact the higher leveled you get, the more it will happen. Anywhere that has a WQ stop is a prime area where people PK ladder farm as well.

2) Zhenning is one of the fastest ways to get people in your guild above the level 80 mark which can make all the difference in the first PvP TW. It can be very advantageous in other aspects as well.

3) It's easy to say you'd be xx level if yy. I'm sure LC would have a lot more level 100 players if they weren't having to fight for their grind spots every day.

4) It's PvP experience because when you have no choice but to practice and get better, usually you improve and learn how to handle each kind of situation better than you did before. How much you improve depends though.

Lastly, beginning on a PvP server from a PvE server does put you at a disadvantage for the most part because of the lack of experience with FFA. That's just common sense. Both PvP and PvE servers have their idiots, but regardless this is true.

The PvE players that show promise and are willing to learn and adapt will do just fine. The ones that spend all their time playing theoretical battles on the forums and/or world chat likely will not, and their QQing is what all the ex-LC players are talking about when they say good luck.
    /Haiku/ -- Cognitive atrophy at its finest.
    No longer the mistress of being ohko PK'd.
  • kimiru
    kimiru Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    holy **** lol that must be some **** warriors xD. As far as i know you can stun lock for 15 second and that is way more than needed if you either have enough chi for dragon or got berserker axes. I'd say you could kite away with barrier -> sleep -> barrier -> sleep (If the warrior don't have enough chi for red sprint) but what's the point in that. Also most warriors are unaware and don't get the seal skill. That adds up for a long time of disabling targets.

Lessie, leave them alone. They'll have to learn all first hand. Also it means we can get some kills advantage on these ranks.

it was at YKD XD too bad for me that can't fly in there otherwise my hiero wouldn't tick that much(his ticked more btw XD)
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I see the first 2-3 months of this server will have a lot of qqing.
  • kimiru
    kimiru Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I see the first 2-3 months of this server will have a lot of qqing.

actually there will be a lot of QQing over being pked watch xD
    even in current LC when i killed someone they went QQing with me on PM
  • nothjingrad
    nothjingrad Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    QQ = ? It's been said so many times around me! I can't go on forever without knowing what it means.
  • ayako55
    ayako55 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009

I'd like to see you try and kill me at your lvl. That would be a funny attempt.
    Xtacy
  • Dusk - Lost City
    Dusk - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ayako55 wrote: »
    I'd like to see you try and kill me at your lvl. That would be a funny attempt.

says the guy with his ign and level hidden.
    ☺☻
  • Shano - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    hi there dusk
    and if you're going to own someone don't hide your ign and lv xD
  • evilmuke
    evilmuke Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ladies lets move this energy into game i ve played both pvp and pve
    please call me carebear after i rip ur head off and p00 into ur neck xD
    P.S i had to say this -> bored when w8ing for new server
  • livibility
    livibility Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hopefully that's clear enough for you, carebear.

I lol'd how arrogant you are.

For contribution, tips on a PvP server?

-Don't make enemies.

-Don't cry when you die, move on. (No world chat, no pm)

-Play smart.

Now by playing smart, I mean stay out of situations where you're going to get handed.

Edited for Kindness.