Is my wizard messed?

Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Wizard
My wizard is level 40 and its a DD wizard, i was under the impression that DD wizards didnt go down the path of using earth spells so i dont have any, Would it be best to start a new wizard and level up the earth spells as i go or start building on earth spells now from level 40.

Plus what is the best way i can gain spirit to fix my earth spells if its best to get the earth spells from now.

Thanks
Post edited by Drmelvin - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Don't worry.
    You got plenty of time to gain sp later to build up the earth spells.

I've got I think 4.5 mil sp now, but no money to add to skills.
    So, sps not a problem. Coin is though :P
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Hmm ok thanks for the advice also wanted to know about the DoT damage skills, are they worth increasing in levels?
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I don't think the DoT skills are ever worth leveling for PvE or PvP, not untill you have maxed every other skill you would like to first. They are significantly weaker then your normal spells so even if it does some added damage in the next 15 seconds, added together it is still probably not as strong as a gush or pyro.

Only times i use them is as a finisher if the mob has little hp left and i want to save mana, or i just want to annoy someone and put a dot on them as i am flying by, hahaha. You guys should try it, it's pretty funny
    b:bye
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Kinda wish i stuck to my wizard instead of my cleric so then my wizard would be 69 and not my cleric, Cleric are good but not as exciting for me
  • Jestersig - Heavens Tear
    Jestersig - Heavens Tear Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You don't really need the earth skills. I'm cheap so didn't spend all the money to lvl the earth skills and I still kill mobs just fine. There are a few earth skills that I would recommend getting though. Force of will is great for pvp and pve. It cancels channeling and silences target and in pve acts as a knockback too. The earth shield is also nice to have when you're got a quest for those pesky archer type mobs or for pvp.

A lot of people say you also need sandstorm but I've never really liked it much, Glacial snare or divine pyro are usually my starters and they do the job just fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oz - Lost City
    Oz - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I've got I think 4.5 mil sp now

I'm at 23mil sp b:victory

If you can afford it, lvl your earth skills. You will like them for water mobs for example and also on fire mobs, since water/fire on them is rather ineffective...
    Sandstorm is also one your most powerful attack skills which makes it really nice also for PvP...

Later on (lvl 90-ish) if you have enough money you can max all your skills anyway, there wont be any SP-shortage anymore.

So whatever skills you lvl, you cant really do anything wrong. IMO, having all elements (even at lower lvls) makes you more versatile and is nice for both grinding and PvP b:laugh
This discussion has been closed.