Can't take the charm racket anymore? Petition!

damani
damani Posts: 105 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Just had enough.

I love this game, but being a wizard I deplete my entire stock of MP in less than 1 minute 30 seconds.

Therefore I either have to stop for 5 minutes (thus only getting to really play 25% of the time) or buy pots or charms.

Go figure that charms are cheaper than pots and more efficient -_-

Soo......charm it is....just something about the fact that:

A) It ticks at 75%
B) It can't be removed
C) I can hardly use my spark eruption/sutra to gain mana b/c juggling the two sparks and 25% till it ticks is so stressful and pointless it's not worth it.

Just bring back charm packs, take the 75% down to 50%, OR make them removable. I know you guys gotta make money, but for me at this point I have no choice but to either buy charms, or quit playing.

And I sure as hell know which one is easier on my already destroyed wallet.

So just gotta keep the MP charm problem hate rolling, sorry this is already been beaten to death but I just can't spend $20 a week on 5 charms anymore, since I need MP for EVERYTHING and Wiz can't make money in game for ****.

unless your life is worth only .50/$1 US per hour to you (50k-100k coin), then farm/grind away -_-

Signed
Post edited by damani on

Comments

• Tryangle - Lost City
    Tryangle - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I don't know what level you are...but when I buy a gold mp charm it lasts me for over a week. It takes about 1k mana to kill a mob, and my heiro ticks after 2k. With glacial embrace I regen about 100 mana by the time I kill the mob, and another 200 mana by the time I start attacking the next mob. Except for the initial 3 mobs...every two kills I can use my spark, which gets me back 700 mana and it takes about 500 to kill the mob while sparked. (Plus what I regen during that time).

I agree it should be changed to 50% like the other heiro, but it's not too out of control that warrants immediate action.

If you are struggling making cash...do Wraith events. I only go to the ones that are level 60+, and I make 100-150k per event.
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I don't know what you're spending all your money on but after your mp charm is used up you should have enough for another one easily.

Of course you spend some of that money on skills and stuff but it's not hard to be able to buy another charm when yours goes out. Just limit yourself on buying stuff and upgrading your skills every chance you get unless you really have to.

Edit: Charm packs please, come on you have new servers opening, best time to do it GM's! lol
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hya ^_^
    i dont know aobut ur build, but at least when i use my wizz(lvl38 actually) i had arround 4.6Kmp(with Wellspring Quaff) and i kill a mob with 3, 4 max amounts of skills... well my build is pure int and i can kill w/o rest for 10 mins aprox.

b:bye

EDIT: Oh and i don't use charms ^^
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    damani wrote: »
    A) It ticks at 75%
    This is the only point that I agree is annoying. Other than that they're fine.

When I first started playing and reading the forums I had the impression you'd have to mortgage your house in order to afford to use them. But now I find it's much more cost effective for me to buy them (using in-game currency, not real-life) and use them to kill quicker (faster kills = more $) than it is to spend time waiting for mana to regenerate.

Granted, I'm a mid-level Barbarian, so mana use is still pretty low and I may not have a full perspective, but so far I get the impression that not being able to afford charms is more of a failure of money-management skills than it is a failure of money-supply.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Kratos_blade - Sanctuary
    Kratos_blade - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Odd.

They're fine aside from the percentage. I'm agreeing with everyone else so you should be having money set aside for this.

:(
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    you see the problem is if you set it to say 50%, what happen to a bm or barb who has low mana pool? the charm doesn't tick and they can't cast the spell they want :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    meh the most mana consuming skill of bm is golden bell which cost 406 mana at lvl10 and 625 mana when upgraded to sage/demon. right now lvl10 golden bell cost me 1/3 of my mana. 50% tick is more than enough for bm to use skills.
  • Zhaocai - Heavens Tear
    Zhaocai - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    How about making different mana charms for different classes? 50% ones for Wizards, 75% ones for BMs..etc.
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    too much diversity will **** the market up. the best way is to give people the ability to set how much before it's used by themselves.

but then again not like anything is gonna change. deal with it i guess
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]