Amp Dmg?

ragnarok363
ragnarok363 Posts: 13 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Venomancer
This is going to sound very noob but Amplify Damage is in the fox tree of skills but can you cast it in mage(human) form? Thanks for the help.
Post edited by ragnarok363 on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Fox tree skills can only be cast in foxform.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • KitsuneXIII - Sanctuary
    KitsuneXIII - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    speaking of amp damage, is it generally more or less effective than Ironwood Scarab against bosses?
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Amplify lets all attacks have 20% more damage, Ironwood only effects melee attacks since it brings down the physical defense by 30% maxed.

Both are good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    My boss rotation:
    Start in fox, barb goes in, fox cd expires

Amp Damage -> Caster Form -> Ironwood -> Venom 3x -> Ironwood -> Venom 3x -> Ironwood By this point the tank should need a spark so Lending Hand
    Amp cd should be up so repeat the cycle. Since it takes 6 seconds to go back to caster form after fox I do amp dmg then heal pet for chi, then caster form. I also throw Lucky Scarab in on cd, if there isn't an aoe range issue, but it's a 12 cd sec so it doesn't fit cleanly in a normal rotation.

Amp Dmg is pretty big in TT and most of the higher FB's. I think I read the math somewhere that Amp rank 10 reduces a boss fight by 13% if you do it every time it's ready.
  • Energize - Heavens Tear
    Energize - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ^I do the same. And I highly suggest leveling amp; not only will it make boss fights go much faster but you'll be loved/praised xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    GaliNaab here, your neighbourhood friendly male venomancer.
  • Gunblaster - Sanctuary
    Gunblaster - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    the only reason i will say amp dmg is becuz if ur not the only one attack..
    for examlpe a mage and cleric are... then amp dmg applies to them too
    ironwood only lower phy def
    thats my reasoning, if im wrong plz correct me
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You should always do both. By the time Amp Dmg becomes useful (60+ generally) there is no reason not to have enough spirit to keep both leveled. One more level of Wood Mastery and I wont have anything really useful to spend spirit on for a while, aoe is all and ours is almost garbage.
  • MistresShade - Sanctuary
    MistresShade - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You should always do both. By the time Amp Dmg becomes useful (60+ generally) there is no reason not to have enough spirit to keep both leveled. One more level of Wood Mastery and I wont have anything really useful to spend spirit on for a while, aoe is all and ours is almost garbage.

Actually our AoEs can be as powerful, or more powerful in the case of parasitic nova, as ironwood scarab, it just takes awhile to cast them, though if you have alot of channeling gear that can be reduced greatly too. Also never underestimate the poison damage.

As for amp damage, yeah good in parties and TWs, but when solo not really worth it, unless you are soloing a boss and don't have to spam heal, cause then it applies to your mag attacks too.
    I am the biggest hypocrit you will ever see or hear, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Greed destroys even the tightest of bonds
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Amp is a good friend of mine. Amp, Purge, and Befuddling mist. Use them, and love them. Also... Virtuous Undines. Love them as well. Wonder why? Here's the scenario.

I'm in a party of three. Me, a cleric, and a barb. We've got Gouf. Big, strong, beat me down in one hit Gouf. Well, obviously, we know the tank is going to be the barb. Well, he goes in, does the whole smashing thing... I don't know what, since I really don't speak Barb. You know... Beats the **** out of Gouf with all his skills and whatnot. I'm casting away, doing my thing, Ironwood, Nox. All my powerful stuff. Well... I'm keeping an eye on his HP. Little by little, it is dropping. The cleric just cannot keep up with the healing. My mind goes into ****! Mode, and I start thinking frantically how I can help. I realize... Undine has Threaten, which lowers an opponent's physical attack. So I summon her, and send her. And then, I think about it for another second, and head in. This time in Fox Form. I hit my Amp. I figure, it should help. Sure enough, he's dropping a bit faster. Then, I start spamming Befuddling mist. I have that thing at a pretty good level. Drops my foe's accuracy by about half. I start spamming the **** out of both of them. Amping him every time I can, and using Befuddling Mist while telling my Undine to Threaten over and over again. Lo and behold.... The cleric doesn't have to spam heals as much. The barb is staying pretty high on his HP, the cleric can conserve mana, and Gouf just goes down FAST.

So, yes. Amp is very good. Most of Fox Forms skills are good. They may not be godly powerful, but they've got some sweet debuff abilities that will turn the tide in a pretty bad situation.