Pking

sirxman13
sirxman13 Posts: 8 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Suggestion Box
I think there should be a restriction on PK lvls for example:When lvl 70's wait to own u at heavens tear then u get up there for important quest and boom ur dead plz do something about that thanks =]
Post edited by sirxman13 on

Comments

• Nomel - Sanctuary
    Nomel - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I think you need to set Restrictions on PKing! My wife and I were trying to get Her FB29 Qingzi quest when a guy lefglas is charater name came up and killed my wife(4 times). First off she is somewhat new to game and had no idea how she got into PK to begin with, secondly when we asked him to stop he kept doing it. There should be some form of LVL restrictions her charater is only a LVL 32 Veno and he was in his 60-70s! Another thing is that some are out there using PK to steal from players. They find somewhat new to game people who just play to play and convince them into clicking the icon not knowing what they are in store for. They then take things from the person and either leave them. Or in some cases like earlier a group of peeps were going around killilng and while another member in group would rez but when you are in a serious quest it makes it hard to accomplish anything! I.E. My wifes FB29 earlier mentioned! Please take this in concideration cause if not you will lose alot of people from the game itself. Thanks for the time taken to read and i hope to hear from you soon!!
  • saidje
    saidje Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Uhm...how about this?

You don't like PK don't play PK server.

You don't like PK and go PvE - then READ the guides before entering
    so you know how to NOT turn on PK Mode (aka White Name)

Geez, I hate PK so made sure to spend some time in these forums
    before making my first character so I would know what to NOT do.

BEFORE MAKING 1ST CHARACTER
    ======================
    1) Not join PK server - done
    2) Identify if PvE servers allow PK - done - yes they do.
    3) Learn how to not turn on PK mode - done
    4) Never click that PK Mode Button - done

ONCE IN-GAME
    ==========
    Click little crossed tools at bottom right of screen (System),
    Click BIG question mark to open Help. Read section on PVP/PK
    where it shows you the button that will start PK Mode, and
    read everything in this section.

DONE

See how easy it is?

By level 30 you and your wife should have figured this out.

Anyone starting a game should minimally find out the game
    mechanics so they can play to their own qualifications.

The information is all here.

If you don't - meh - too bad.
    Saidje
    Having a high post count doesn't make you anything in the game.
    Unless you're attempting to kiss up to a GM and you KNOW what that makes you
    . :D
  • Baobhansidhe - Heavens Tear
    Baobhansidhe - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If you, or your wife, go white : you're free game. ESPECIALLY if she's a Deer Veno ^_^

It's not a duel of honor.
    It's not sparring match.
    There's no rules whatsoever.

It's stalk, mug and kill. And if you drop stuff, cherry on the cake ^_^ If you can't keep hold of your inventory in a PvE server, you don;t deserve it.

And remember : AFK means A Free Kill, and Slaughter can't be spelled without laughter.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aelitaz - Heavens Tear
    Aelitaz - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ...I HATE PKing!b:angry
    I was so lazy to read that 10 pages(I just said, it's not maybe 10 pages) long guide, and other helps for news!b:bye
    And then I did a veno to Lost City server....when I was lvl 27, I heard somewhere, that I did a char to PvP server...

When I was lvl 31, and I was killing mobs, there comes that same wiz again and again to kill me.It was annyoning!b:shocked

then I did chars to PvE...and...I'm happy <.< lol
    "Kun min
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ...I HATE PKing!b:angry
    I was so lazy to read that 10 pages(I just said, it's not maybe 10 pages) long guide, and other helps for news!b:bye
    And then I did a veno to Lost City server....when I was lvl 27, I heard somewhere, that I did a char to PvP server...

When I was lvl 31, and I was killing mobs, there comes that same wiz again and again to kill me.It was annyoning!b:shocked

then I did chars to PvE...and...I'm happy <.< lol

Being killed as a newly white named is frustrating... But that's only lvl 30... once you're at 60 or above, there isn't much left to do BUT PK.

I'm only lvl 35 now, but if I decide to stick with the game, I'll get my retaliation and enjoy it.. Honestly, it's kind of amusing to be one-shotted. I just have to shrug and laugh, and hope that soon I'll catch up and wreak havoc myself. ;)
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You would honestly grind at level 80 or 90 lol seriously uhh boredom factor
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Cirele - Lost City
    Cirele - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It is part of the game deal with it.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yeah definitely PK is there because it is fun, I only ever been In PK twice usually lvl 80s kil me in SP I dont mind that but the fact the hide against walls and lure me with someone close level range that is kinda sad :P Ill go back when I'm lvl 70
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Being killed as a newly white named is frustrating... But that's only lvl 30... once you're at 60 or above, there isn't much left to do BUT PK.

Not true in the least. There is still better equipment to get, better skills to learn, more levels to gain. If you want to stop leveling the best time is at 100 or so. You all do that and and I'll keep going til I'm maxed in level. I always want to improve my character, killing other players does not help me do that.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear
    Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I agree with this..lvl cap to pk should be like 5-15.. I like PKing..but it has to stay fair.. and its pretty pathetic if a lvl 80-90 comes to **** me..and actually says ''pwned'' cuz its not really pwned its pathetic okay.

Very good suggestion, and for all the flamers. GG
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I agree that there should be some level restrictions to PKing. I myself play this game for the quests and the actual story line behind it. As a noob of the game, I had created my character and levelled them to 33 before I even understood what PKing even was and that unfortunately for me, Lost city is a PVP server. Which during my first login was set as default. For a noob such as me this creates a problem because not all of us play to pointlessly kill other players like (for example) Bloodlust (Red names) camping for kills much lower than their own levels. In my point of view, that doesnt make you a good or bad*ss at all. Try attacking ppl above your level and then claim your bragging rights to ppl who even care. My point is though. That if by default, my game client set to a pve servers with a better explanation of pvp vs. pve upon game start, then i would have never wasted time with lost city at all. Ive currently got a lvl 42 venomancer and a lvl 33 BM that i wont use no more because of players like bloodlust red names who pick on ppl way below them. As ive seen people call those like me the term "carebear" ...thats fine because i care less. I simply turn the game off and all the red name badasses seem to die in my life.
    I simply ask that they update the client start menu and explain the difference between pvp and pve for us noobs who dont know the difference.
    until that happens, I guess i will await my next pointless death from all you red names who really talk alot of garbage to players below your levels. LMFAO!!
  • Sgal - Lost City
    Sgal - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Don't change a thing. I have come from other games that the programmers listen to all the QQ in forums and make changes to the game dynamics by making small 'fixes' to help people out because they claim they don't like game balance.

In the end the game gets destroyed. Leave it alone, join a guild and have your guildies come avenge your death. There is politics in this game, something the programmers can't fix. My guild is friendly with other guilds, and neutral with others, and KOS with others. This makes for interesting game play. Why should my guildmates and I not be able to fight ANY level player of the opposing guilds we war with? How do you address the lower levels ganging up and helping the higher levels of the guild and fighting other players? Do you stop the ability of a level 35 player attacking a level 50?

Leave it ALONE, and please dont pander to crying.

What the programmers should do, take a page out of Mythics Dev group, and use a Copy Character function, and allow those players that don't want to stay on the PVP server to move their account to the PVE server for a $40.00 charge.