dungeon respawn time

Options
LhRag - Sanctuary
LhRag - Sanctuary Posts: 106 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
how long does it take for dungeon mobs and bosses to respawn? they seem to take VERY long...
cos i'm considering solo'ing fb19 repeatedly for some $$$, so can anyone give me an idea plz? b:laugh
Post edited by LhRag - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    With few exceptions, they do not respawn as long as you are in the same instance.

You have to reset the instance to go through again. The usual way to do that is to regroup with a different squad leader. For repeated solo runs in the same FB, I think you may need to get a new person each time to "open the door" and then give you lead of the squad before exiting, but I'm not sure.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    As far as I understand you do not get much coins/mats from FB's without tabs.

can anyone confirm?
  • Dauthus - Sanctuary
    Dauthus - Sanctuary Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Myself and a couple of venos, maybe even a cleric killed an untabbed boss (I think it was for the elf fb19) and we got more drops from it than we ever did with a tab. We were doing an FB for someone and I think they DC'ed and never signed back on... so we got tired of waiting and killed him since we were there and it would only take a few seconds to do... lol I want to say it even dropped a mold... o.O

I think I was in my mid to late 50's, one of the venos was 60+, the other might have been in the 40's, and the cleric I don't remember. Point is we were all well above lvl 19 and tons of stuff dropped with no tabs. lol
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The "easy" method of resetting a dungeon is to have someone invite you to a squad, then pass you leader, then you give them leader back and drop squad. Works for me every time. Regarding FB19, at your level it is a complete waste of time. The only drops really worth anything in there would be molds, and they have a very low drop rate to begin with. At your level I would guess that you would have to run it 1,000 times to statistically be likely of seeing one drop. You could grind on regular leveling mobs and make far more profit in less time, with the obvious benefit of gaining good exp too. Hit 63 and you can easily run TT 1-1 solo. Costs one Ultimate Substance to get in, but at a minimum you will get 6 mirage celestones or even a Chintiens Edge or Broken Drum, both worth roughly 100k or so each. For me an "average" run would be 2-3 mirage, 1-2 Crusade orders, and one of the TT60 mats, in addition to a fair amount of DQ items from the trash mobs.

The point basically is that for the time you invest, there are much better ways of earning money.
  • LhRag - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The "easy" method of resetting a dungeon is to have someone invite you to a squad, then pass you leader, then you give them leader back and drop squad. Works for me every time. Regarding FB19, at your level it is a complete waste of time. The only drops really worth anything in there would be molds, and they have a very low drop rate to begin with. At your level I would guess that you would have to run it 1,000 times to statistically be likely of seeing one drop. You could grind on regular leveling mobs and make far more profit in less time, with the obvious benefit of gaining good exp too. Hit 63 and you can easily run TT 1-1 solo. Costs one Ultimate Substance to get in, but at a minimum you will get 6 mirage celestones or even a Chintiens Edge or Broken Drum, both worth roughly 100k or so each. For me an "average" run would be 2-3 mirage, 1-2 Crusade orders, and one of the TT60 mats, in addition to a fair amount of DQ items from the trash mobs.

The point basically is that for the time you invest, there are much better ways of earning money.

and havn't you opened my eyes??? b:dirty
    cos the reason i wanto solo fb19 is i will quickly become too high lvl'ed to kill foxwing supremes and i can't find any other mobs that dun aggro, so TT will be a good idea it sounds b:chuckle
    btw how much do ultimate subs cost? (cos i normally turn off world chat since most of it is ppl talking random...)
    and which entrance is TT 1-1?

PS nvm found the answers....
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Oh one other thing, you could easily do fb29 as well. My opinion is about the same as with fb19, but the drop rates would be better and it's quicker. I still think TT and regular grinding would be your best options though.

Also, why foxwing supremes? Reinforced Leather?
  • LhRag - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    the ones near broken bridge do not aggro, as long as i do not use AoE i will need no pots at all
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=256871#post256871

@LhRag: Read this thread. You can use no pots no matter what mobs you go after.
  • LhRag - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    oh thank you Daerys(this name sounds familiar with char's from song of ice and fire 0.0), i have read the thread b4, just that there are times (multiple aggro, or outdamaging my pet, since i'm a LA veno and i sometimes crit) i can get roughed up a bit leaving me low in both hp and mp while nature's grace and metabolic boost are still in cooldown.
    but thx for the help :)
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Daenerys was taken b:angry Imagine that

nice catch lol

WTB A Dance with Dragons, pm me grrrr
  • LhRag - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    lol Dance of Dragons releases in 29th of Sep this year IF everything goes according to plan...
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Unless you really know what you're doing, and you're a pure int build with a good weapon, you probably can't solo HH (TT) 1-1 until 63 when you get a new level of pet heal.

Also, you don't get very good xp in there, its for making money and items.

Dungeons reset on their own after 20 mins of nobody being in them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    mobs in FB51(Secret Frostcover) respawn between 15-20 min
    so if your a veno & decide to solo it...watch your back lol
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    mogwai wrote: »
    mobs in FB51(Secret Frostcover) respawn between 15-20 min
    so if your a veno & decide to solo it...watch your back lol

They respawn? Are you sure its not just the patrols? They walk long laps of the dungeon, so it may just be taking them a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Some of the mobs respawn (I'm pretty sure). Most don't.
  • Chanteus - Sanctuary
    Chanteus - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    FB49 is the first (and only) place I know of where foes seem to respawn while you are inside. It makes it hard to the tab holder to portal back to town, get the third tablet and get back in.

Veno's are probably the best for saving pots while grinding. Since your HP are much lower than your MP, you can drink one HP pot and recover most of the stat. If MP is drained, stat swap, and then drink one HP pot. You almost never need mana pots.

Be very aware of where you are and only hunt near the edges of mob areas. If something does enter right behind you it is necessary to click it, have your pet attack it to take aggro, and then let the pet fight both mobs while you heal and try to help. This can minimize your damage taken.

My blademaster uses very few pots to grind monsters. I fight with no magic, kill 2 or 3 to gain enough chi, then use my healing sutra to recover the HP damage. Eventually I have to use a mana pot, which is my low stat, and one pot fully heals mana.