Clerics look before BUFFING player!

Artemis_Star - Sanctuary
Artemis_Star - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
When you target a player you can see if the player is already buffed. If so, do not cast Celestial Guardian's Seal on them. You could be reducing their recovery rates if you do. Feel free to heal if looks like needed.
Post edited by Artemis_Star - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Prewancker - Lost City
    Prewancker - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Agreed. Once, a well-meaning cleric buffed me and overrode my Flourish Powder. Not that I'm ungrateful, but it was a tad inconvenient.
  • Lypiphera - Heavens Tear
    Lypiphera - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, Clerics don't try to be helpful you might not be helpful at all... Just say oh well, lost that item and move on, woe is me, concentrate orb, life powder got wasted because a cleric was trying to be nice. Shut up and deal with the loss and be grateful for the other buffs. Orbs cost you 8 mins of farming to get 5 of them... whoops 1-3k of lost time down the drain, whine less and don't tell clerics not to help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Another wall of text completed.
  • Baobhansidhe - Heavens Tear
    Baobhansidhe - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    They are nags, nothing else, and that comes from another Cleric. The regen buff is awful. Period. There's no discussing that. One may well buff people without using that one, but no. The only two reasons I can see to so consistently use it, is that 1) you actually wants to debuff people to grief them or kill them afterwards, or 2) you forgot to use your brain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    What's buffing mean?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • Ihazacute - Sanctuary
    Ihazacute - Sanctuary Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Buff - A beneficial spell cast on a monster or player. An example of a "buff" is the Priest's Physical PDef buff.

This and more found in convenient list form! Lots of terms get flung around; this should help navigate.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Delice - Heavens Tear
    Delice - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    you can say the same thing to the veno that did the same thing with bramble. i cast a lvl 10 bramble on tank and another lower lvl veno comes and cast her bramble on mine!!!
  • Kamikiri - Lost City
    Kamikiri - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    you can say the same thing to the veno that did the same thing with bramble. i cast a lvl 10 bramble on tank and another lower lvl veno comes and cast her bramble on mine!!!

I cast a lv.10 hp buff and a lowbie barb in party casts his buff b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಙೆ_ಙೆ Rage sauce face, it's my expression everytime you necro a thread. ~Made by Konariraiden!
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I cast a lv.10 hp buff and a lowbie barb in party casts his buff b:sad

99% of the time, is because people aren't aware that buffs don't stack.

I have done that a few times too, until somebody bothered to tell me exactly what it was that I was doing wrong.

Imho, if you see a error, don't ignore it or groan about it, but help fix it instead. Every little bit of help goes a long way to make a player better. b:pleased
    b:victory
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Mr_jingle - Sanctuary
    Mr_jingle - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It would also be helpful if the game showed the strength of the buff in effect on characters and how much time remained on it. An example would be "increased max HP 18%" instead of just "increased max HP" This way if someone with stronger buff comes along can override it.
  • sirxman13
    sirxman13 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Clerics never buff me lol my names funny so i wouldnt blame em
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Being the suspicious person that I am, I would question their motives. What if they already know they're not helping and that's why they do it? Unlikely, but possible ...

Another mmorpg that I play has an option to turn off aid from other players. Sounds like you could use it here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    99% of the time, is because people aren't aware that buffs don't stack.

I have done that a few times too, until somebody bothered to tell me exactly what it was that I was doing wrong.

Imho, if you see a error, don't ignore it or groan about it, but help fix it instead. Every little bit of help goes a long way to make a player better. b:pleased
    b:victory

I'm on that percentage. I thought the healing I get from diamond sutra would stack with healings I get from other players.

Good to know. THX
  • Samsamsimply - Heavens Tear
    Samsamsimply - Heavens Tear Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    your diamond sutra is a completely different animal, its not a buff its a personal heal, if you hit your sutra when a cleric hits you with ironheart or something, your heal is gonna finish, and you will still get the effects of the clerics heal.

if clerics or others are just rollin by and hit me with buffs, I am not gonn a complain if I am just grinding. But when I squad, I make sure that if I am buffin the squad with my bell that I am not gonna override a better bell from a higher level. That is just something you learn with time, its ok to ask what level your fellow toons have their buffs at.
  • TiVan - Heavens Tear
    TiVan - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    your diamond sutra is a completely different animal, its not a buff its a personal heal, if you hit your sutra when a cleric hits you with ironheart or something, your heal is gonna finish, and you will still get the effects of the clerics heal.

if clerics or others are just rollin by and hit me with buffs, I am not gonn a complain if I am just grinding. But when I squad, I make sure that if I am buffin the squad with my bell that I am not gonna override a better bell from a higher level. That is just something you learn with time, its ok to ask what level your fellow toons have their buffs at.

yea, I always ask the other barbs if their buffs are higher then mine, no need to buff over a lvl 10 hp buff with a lvl 9 hp buff xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RoarTazz - Heavens Tear
    RoarTazz - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I didn't realize that I could override a higher buff from now on I'm checking before I do one when I party up thks for the information
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm on that percentage. I thought the healing I get from diamond sutra would stack with healings I get from other players.

Good to know. THX

Not necessarily. A good way to check is the buff icon. If its got the same icon, its more than likely gonna overwrite. Different icons probably wont overwrite.

For e.g. the celestial guardian overwrites the Life/focus powders, IH overwrites the Chaos powders/green orbs etc and on the other hand, the pdef increase buffs from a cleric and BM add up.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842