Arcane Veno + Hercules on PvP server wise?

Options
rozen2
rozen2 Posts: 9 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Venomancer
I'm planning on making a veno mainly for leveling on a PvP sever so I can restat at higher level. Is it wise to go Full magic Veno with herc on a PvP sever or is Light Armour better with Phoenix "safer"? I don't really mind getting pked as I lvl as long as its too often. How often do you encouter a PK situation at higher levels (If Im not inside a KoS or Faction war situation)?
Post edited by rozen2 on

Comments

• Naku - Lost City
    Naku - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    hmm, most people have the wrong idea about PvP server. It's not like the moment you get over lvl 30, you can't go outside of town for 10sec without being killed. as long as you keep your name clean ( white ) and a nice player you should be just fine :)
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    hmm, most people have the wrong idea about PvP server. It's not like the moment you get over lvl 30, you can't go outside of town for 10sec without being killed. as long as you keep your name clean ( white ) and a nice player you should be just fine :)

Yeah, its not 10 seconds its 2.b:chuckle
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You can go full magic, but you'll probably die against any and all PKers. If you don't mind them, then go ahead. You won't be PKed every time you step out of safe, it varies per person. If you're not KoSed by anyone and you're white named, you may get PKed 0-4 times a day I'd guess. If someone PKs you and its obvious they want to kill you again, just wait awhile before they get bored and leave, then go back to your business.

I got to my 50s or so before I was PKed, and it was because of KoS. The amount of people who randomly attacked/PKed me (besides RQ) is like 0.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If you just want to level fast and restat later, go full int robes. You just have to make sure mobs don't hit you.
    Also, I'd recommend using the phoenix for leveling fast. It will always outdamage you, so you don't have to worry about taking aggro, it will kill mobs faster, and it can tank as well as anything besides the herc.

By the time you get to 60 or so, since you haven't spent any money on anything gettting to that point, you should be in pretty good shape for buying a herc. Before then, its not really worth using all that often.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Naku - Lost City
    Naku - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yeah, its not 10 seconds its 2.b:chuckle
    lol, i feel bad for you then :P people must really dislike your name? just kidding :)
  • rozen2
    rozen2 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    So get phoenix first then Herc after. If phoenix kills way faster then Herc on normal grinding (not in dungeons) then it does help a lot. I also recently read that solo boss runs are still possible with just Golem. I'm kinda worried that bird might provoke people to pk me more though.

Things I currently know on phoenix & Herc stats:
    1. Phoenix and Herc have the same p.def stats
    2. Phoenix have way better m.def stats
    Phoenix mdef: 10742 Herc mdef: 7161
    3. Hercs have way better HP
    Phoenix HP: 3446 Herc HP: 4135
    4. Phoenix have the fastest attack speed 1.0/s. Herc is 0.8/s
    5. Phoenix have the fastest movement speed 10.9m/s. Herc is 8.1m/s
    6. Hercs have bramble Guard

Right now Im following Yourmom's advice on getting phoenix first. The way I'm earning money right now, 20 mil actually ain't that bad.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    rozen2 wrote: »
    So get phoenix first then Herc after. If phoenix kills way faster then Herc on normal grinding (not in dungeons) then it does help a lot. I also recently read that solo boss runs are still possible with just Golem. I'm kinda worried that bird might provoke people to pk me more though.

Things I currently know on phoenix & Herc stats:
    1. Phoenix and Herc have the same p.def stats
    2. Phoenix have way better m.def stats
    Phoenix mdef: 10742 Herc mdef: 7161
    3. Hercs have way better HP
    Phoenix HP: 3446 Herc HP: 4135
    4. Phoenix have the fastest attack speed 1.0/s. Herc is 0.8/s
    5. Phoenix have the fastest movement speed 10.9m/s. Herc is 8.1m/s
    6. Hercs have bramble Guard

Right now Im following Yourmom's advice on getting phoenix first. The way I'm earning money right now, 20 mil actually ain't that bad.

Hercs have +150% phy def and magic def buff, pushing its defenses well above the phoenix.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    Daji - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm planning on making a veno mainly for leveling on a PvP sever so I can restat at higher level. Is it wise to go Full magic Veno with herc on a PvP sever or is Light Armour better with Phoenix "safer"? I don't really mind getting pked as I lvl as long as its too often. How often do you encouter a PK situation at higher levels (If Im not inside a KoS or Faction war situation)?

Comparing veno to wizard. You better off make a wizard. At L100, you can have up to -90% channeling and you know what that mean. Given the same stats and equipment, refine level, veno are good in 1-1 pvp but wizard will be good in both.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Right now Im following Yourmom's advice on getting phoenix first. T

I win this thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If u wanna lvl fast get a phoenix first, i got herc first and i would prolly be lvl 75-80 by now if ive choosen the bird instead ^^

And beeing arcane/ high int is good if u wanna make money and lvl fast. Im not pvp build since i wanna lvl fast and pve build is better for making money (saving for phoenix now). Ill restat to heavy or light later but atm this is cheaper. Anyway i dont get pked every 10 sec even tho im a 1-2 shoot for any 80+ archers lol.

Besides getting randomly killed in swamp by RQ several times during lvl 60-70 i dont get pked much. And swamp is like nr 1 pk area, everyone gets pked in swamp while they're lvling. Anyway getting pked aint that bad. U dont loose anything if ure white, not xp not items and im not using dolls anyway. In 99% of the cases u can just go back and do your quest/grind and they're gone.