Is There Any Proof?

Hhghgg - Sanctuary
Hhghgg - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Wizard
every always talkin that wizards are gonna be amazing after lvl 100+ but does any 1 have any actually proof?or people jsut guessing this?
Post edited by Hhghgg - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    everybody needs an illusion to keep going why kill it mr.evil pster..
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Ask the 100+ wizards on CN/MY that have rank 8...
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    mages and archers are the best classes to play at 100+.
  • josefinemutzenbacher
    josefinemutzenbacher Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Here is your proof (it loads really slow, but be patient).

http://zoome.jp/losstarot/diary/28/

I have lvl77 Wizard and I'm happy with him. It needs some refining to not be oneshot for lvl30, but right now I can oneshoot my lvl archers in all legendary EQ, clerics are usually no problem for my blade tempest too. I once oneshot lvl80+ wizard AND archer at the same time (they were standing too close to each other) :P. Of course, I die a lot, and fighting BM's is a pain (especially in the air, where they get to me faster), but moments like the one I described above reward me well.

The biggest problem for me is the lack of money. Constant. I zen all the real life money I have and I still am very p00r ingame, lol.
  • Amy_Nailo - Lost City
    Amy_Nailo - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    On perfect world main page it says Elayne is a level 100 wizard on Lost City. Maybe she could tell us how wizard are at that level ? (If she even reads the forum)

- Amy
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    On perfect world main page it says Elayne is a level 100 wizard on Lost City. Maybe she could tell us how wizard are at that level ? (If she even reads the forum)

- Amy

Elayne doesn't really read or post in forums. x.x Someone in guild could tell him to check but... I think anyone in Conq can vouch for his insane power (not 8jun level yet obviously), like several mages in the guild. He does have the right amount of money to upgrade, though. XP
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • papano
    papano Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    that video is just great ! 5 stars >.<... lol i wanted to be sage.. but now ill for demon >.<
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    papano wrote: »
    that video is just great ! 5 stars >.<... lol i wanted to be sage.. but now ill for demon >.<

Being a hell mage won't turn you into what the guy in the video is, XD, absurdly upgraded gear will, just so you know.
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    mages and archers are the best classes to play at 100+.

I can say the same for Clerics, a Barb can say the same for barbs, a BM can say the same for BMs and so on...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Wow that video was freaking awesome
    b:bye
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Looked like all the people in that video were using insanely good gear. The kind of stuff you won't see on PW-I for a long, long time. They all clearly had pretty equally insane gear.. which might shed a bit of light on the mentality of the introduction of nixes.

Pets don't get better with gear... sooo.. in the very late game, they won't be as imbalanced. You can pretty clearly see that wiz 2-shot a nix. Yeahh...
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Elayne hits hard at ****
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kikuzakura - Sanctuary
    Kikuzakura - Sanctuary Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2009

I had some problems understanding everything but I think her Phoenix did not use flesh ream? But I so very much want to be able to shrug off 700 hp damage without barely even noticing.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    That WF was the dumbest WF I have ever seen, completely ignore the battle against the WF because that is not how a battle with any decent one would go.

And as for why that mage was killing WRs so easily, he was spamming anti-stun pots and of course he kited them until he had 3 vigor to hell fury.
  • streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    PvP is winning by any means necessary... Who cares if they used anti stun pots, they still kicked thier asses.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Oh I'm just saying that mage wasn't a good player, he just has good gear.
  • streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    lol, fair enough then. xD
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    wait whats the diffrience between sage spark and deamon spark?
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    I just saw the vid and I have to say epic phail it only goes to show you how much we suck at lvl 101 he was only playing with stupid players or players who actually feel sorry for him and I bet you 1Million dollars that for every fight he won there he lost like 10 cuz if you see he only won cuz they missed at some point or cuz he had a crit so all in all even at lvl 101 the suckage bar only goes up..
    Is Back once more.

• Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    QQ
    Poor guy. lol.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Boza_cutter - Lost City
    Boza_cutter - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Here is your proof (it loads really slow, but be patient).

http://zoome.jp/losstarot/diary/28/

This video does not realy show any proof. It shows heck of a lot of hiero-using and potting, nothing more. The only relavent proof would be the one of duels with only usage of skills, and nothing more. OK, I know potting and hieros are used in PW, but a questions on this video still stand:
    -Who has a better and newer hiero?
    -Who has more and better pots?
    -Who are the clerics around that visably throw heals and/or buffs? Not sure on who, but that is noticable in couple of sceenes, and even in couple of sceenes on the video you can see something that looks like Iron Heart Blessing on this wiz, but not gonna claim since the vid is too low quality to truly tell.
    -Is the video from official or private server?
    And so on.

Still will wait for lvl100 PvP to see if this claim is the true or not. No1 should claim either way untill its felt in PWI.
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Poor guy. lol.

lol am so glad am over all those nerdy name calling..lol
    Is Back once more.

• HimeJunsei - Sanctuary
    HimeJunsei - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I`m lvl 50 venomancer, forum reader, in game tester, big pet fan.

However, all that doesn't give me arrogance whatsoever, even if all my guildies 60+-80+ treat me as equal at least.

But that gave me the knowledge to say this: when i saw the video above posted, i stopped it after venomancer duel, and replayed a few times. WHY? Because no sane veno would play like that: she turns into fox, then human, she used bramble and few other spells, then turned into foxform again and kited. Foxy is pure pvp build, and may I say, also anti-wizard build, so... why run?! Where are the rest, myriad, antimony, leech and of course, the parasitic nova, since its so maxed out on skills and gear?! Just bramble/stun/de-buff? Aw, and using healing in the middle of a duel isn't a good idea, except if you're in a safe spot, wich she wasn't, was right in the middle of taking dmg. A veno is much more than that. Btw, that must of been a light/heavy armor build, since a robe veno has about same mag def as a wizard. I saw no efficiency use of skills, but then again, i MUST be a total n00b, so it may be just my eyes; please some veno tell me i'm wrong!
    Since i haven't really build a wizard, just fooled around with a 68 one for a day, i wont make any comments there.

Just that i came on forum in this moment after i just finished 100+ duels with wizards close to my lvl, and only about 10 duels were with other classes. Result??: veno owns with proper pet management in 3/4 cases. Veno alone(no pet) owns in 1/4 cases, wich IS astounding, given that is crippled by absence of pet. Remember, people, pet is not an addition, it is a part of a veno, just like wizard's tempest or cleric's plume shot.

In video, pet does not use bite, would of been noticeable, so no trick there.

Proof> ask in game about the location of a high lvl wizard and follow him around for a while, observe his skills and gameplay. No video can tell you that. Even so, at that high level, the man behind the keyboard makes a huge difference, and all theories crumble at the feet of experience.

Imo, choose a class, play, change if it doesn't fit you; best class endgame is the player.
  • Boza_cutter - Lost City
    Boza_cutter - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Imo, choose a class, play, change if it doesn't fit you; best class endgame is the player.
    AMEN TO THAT!!!!

I could not say it better my self. b:victory
This discussion has been closed.