I was ok or wrong?

Niamy - Sanctuary
Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Hya ^_^
Well the thing is...
I see lots of archers, mages and clerics(range class) arround and they do something wrong in my opinion... they leave just the mob reach too close to them.
With the archer i see 2 problems:
1- Archer have nice Phys def, that's ok BUT is not a tank... why risk HP? that means more rest, hp potions/hp charms.
2- In close range deals less damage(50% of damage if im not wrong).
With mages and clerics:
- Simply, they re not tanks and die easy, meybe the mage can have a light build or the cleric off course can heal him self but is a waste of time/mana/potions and charms.
So, my playstyle with range classes re Hit and Run and lots of ppl told me just i need to risk HP, don't hit and run... well i have tryed and take me less time hit and run just if i stay in the place w/o run.
Btw yes, for something exist the skill for pull back the mob but anyway i still thinking just hit and run is better than stay in the same place :p

Thanks b:bye
[SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
Venomancer 82
Cleric 55
Barbarian 32
Wizard 54
Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
Post edited by Niamy - Sanctuary on

Comments

• merulz
    merulz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well it all depends on if you have money/time or not. If you have money you can just buy Charms and you're set, whereas if you have time you can just use rest to recover damage/mana use. If you want to level faster and don't want to spend as much money, then yes, you should kite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect World IRC:
    Server: irc.deltaanime.net
    Channel: #pwint
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The problem about hit and run are multiple, at least for those of us with casting times.

A) Casting takes time, and we are limited by distances. A lot of mobs can get close enough to take a whack at you before you can get away again.

B) Mobs very, very rarely appear alone, and if you run, you risk aggroing a respawning monster in the direction you run - and then you suddenly have two or more mobs following you.

C) There's always a light server lag. I've often had mobs stop at the place I was at a second ago, take a whack, and then watch my HP drop.

D) You can't cast while running. You have to stand still, facing the monster as you channel. Thus, when you run, you waste time because you can't attack during this.

E) Some mobs don't like to wander too far from their spawn point. And the second they lose aggro of you, their health rockets back to full.

- in short, I find that although I may spend slightly more mana on healing myself every so often, my chances of survivability and my speed of killing are much improved compared to the hit-and-run method.

Archers have a greater natural range than the two casting classes, but also come with Knockback - which to most archers will eliminate the monster's speed advantage when it comes to getting into melee range. Wizards can usually kill the monster before it gets close enough, if they know their skills and the most efficient way to take down the various elemental types. And clerics can tank a theoretically unlimited amount of mobs by the heal attack heal attack idea (or, in tight spots, heal heal attack heal heal attack).
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    wut u can do is press a directional button (most cases s) and lightly tap a spell or attack command while letting go of 's', then hold down 's' again, and ur char will briefly stop with his/her back to the opponent to attack or cast and keep running. if u can time this well w/ frost/knockback/normal attacks, u might get hit once or twice, still better than standing there taking it while using really mana intensive lightning/wing attacks. when multiple mobs r after u b/c u hit 1 of them, doing this will keep the one u were attacking chasing u while the rest of the mob retreat if u run far enough.
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for replies b:cute

Well for me works better hit and run, meybe im accustomed for otehr games, and i dont use WASD when im killing i use only mouse, watching always my back when i run to avoid get more mobs ^^
    For the archer what spend more money than other classes is better i think... my method is:
    - Take Aim
    - Frost Arrow (give me time to increase the distance)
    - And normal atacks
    I have compared this with stand and kill in the same place and is a little faster hit and run(at least in low lvl ^^ with the garbage weapons and normal ammo =P )
    In the case of wizzards is almost the same method:
    - Big damage atack first(Stone rain or pyrogram depends on the element weakness of the mob)
    - Gush and run (the slow of gush give me time to run and the mob never take me ^^)
    Meybe this takes a little more time but have 2 vantages:
    - Less mana use (bcause dont need to use Morning Dew)
    - The mob don't hit me and don't interrupt spell.
    And with pure int build if i hit and run balance a little the time for kill a mob compared with a light build because deal more damage.
    And aobut the mob go far away from he's spawn poin, he always die before he try to back to he the spawn point ^^

Thanks b:bye
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well, it might just be me who have a bit of lag on monster attacking, hence my preference for taking the hits rather than trying to run-and-hit.

However, I will point out that the hit-and-run strategy is very inefficient against the ranged mobs and the magic+melee (magic at a distance, melee when close) mobs...
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Well actually the ranged, magic atack mobs their range is less than the player atacks...
    IE: if the range of Gush lvl3 is 22.2 the range of archer mob is arround 14 and the slow of Gush give me the necesary time to increase the distance between the mob and me, and with melee mobs i can cast 2 skill beofre start run.
    Btw i have delay too =( that mean just i press F1 (for example i have glush in F1) and 1/2 second later start to cast but im accustomed to delay now b:surrender(Ping 200~250 b:sad).
    Other thing i take in mind when i say just i dont like stand in the same place is just with the ranged mobs hit me more times than if i hit and run.
    Obviously is like merulz say, if u have the enough money u can stand in the place and atack, the charm do the job... but i don't use charms ^^

b:bye
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
  • Andiano - Lost City
    Andiano - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    archers have skills which they can deal rly high dmg when mob/player is close... and still some ppl have lags or are just nubz b:laugh
    Don't try to run. I find u everywhere...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    archers have skills which they can deal rly high dmg when mob/player is close... and still some ppl have lags or are just nubz b:laugh
    oy i prefer not to chug a manapot every 2 or 3 melee mobs. then again i prefer not to be fighting melee mobs altogether. its all those quests that requires it...