Can this be interrupted???

dranc
dranc Posts: 20 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Barbarian
I know a barb can interrupt mob castings if the barb is the current target of the mob.

My question is if another member of the team is the current target of the mob, and the mob is in the process of casting (you can see the swirling under the mob), can that casting be interrupted by the barb in the team?

I have been in several situtaions where if I was not able to interrupt the mob's casting when I was not the current target. But I have heard other says that it is still possible to interrupt if someone else is being targeted by the mob.

So please share your experiences in this regard.

Thanks.
Post edited by dranc on

Comments

• Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If your talking as regards to the Alclarity of the beast skill, then as far as I am aware, the mob must be attacking you. If anyone knows otherwise, I'd love to hear how.

However, physical attacks have a chance (certain probability involved perhaps?) to interrupt casting. That can interrupt mob casts. But it doesn't need to be a barb. Any class using a physical attack has a chance to interrupt casting.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Arravis - Lost City
    Arravis - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Alacrity CAN be used to cancel a mob or boss's magic even if you are not the target. I am 100% sure of this, as I have done instance runs where a hercules tanked, and I simply stayed in tiger form to cancel the magic.

Do note, that sometimes it may appear as though it is not working. There are two possibilities:

1) You missed.

2) Some mobs can ONLY cast magic. Thus, if you cancel once, the only reaction you will get is that they start rechanneling. Mobs like these are somewhat rare, but the significant ones I know of are the three mobs near Pyrocephalus in FB69.
    However, physical attacks have a chance (certain probability involved perhaps?) to interrupt casting. That can interrupt mob casts. But it doesn't need to be a barb. Any class using a physical attack has a chance to interrupt casting.

Very small chance, but nonetheless, Hazardus speaks the truth.
    edited February 2009
    Alacrity CAN be used to cancel a mob or boss's magic even if you are not the target. I am 100% sure of this, as I have done instance runs where a hercules tanked, and I simply stayed in tiger form to cancel the magic.

Hmm, now thats rather interesting, because I've been in almost the exact same situations, with a herc tanking the boss, and repeatedly my alclarity didn't seem to work.
    Gonna now have to retry this. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    yea it does work .. I was in TT1-2 this weekend cancelling out Dimentoras AoE with a herc tanking
    edited February 2009
    yea it does work .. I was in TT1-2 this weekend cancelling out Dimentoras AoE with a herc tanking

Well I guess that proves it, my timing sucks! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited February 2009

or maybe I'm just awesome?

Hmm.. on second thought.. better work on your timing b:chuckle
  • Arravis - Lost City
    Arravis - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited March 2009

For some reason, mine fails to cancel at rare times too, despite having hit the boss/mob right on target.

I'm willing to bet that the cancellation isn't certain, it simply just has a high chance of working. Ever tried flesh ream and having it hit, but no bleed happens?
    edited March 2009
    For some reason, mine fails to cancel at rare times too, despite having hit the boss/mob right on target.

I'm willing to bet that the cancellation isn't certain, it simply just has a high chance of working. Ever tried flesh ream and having it hit, but no bleed happens?

o.0? I just always thought it was a miss when that happens and moved on. Thanks for ruining my day now b:laugh b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]