Lvl and drop rate

Options
LhRag - Sanctuary
LhRag - Sanctuary Posts: 106 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
does my lvl relative to the mobs' lvl affect the drop rate? if so, how significantly? cos i'm currently making money from foxwing supremes and i'm wondering when i should stop grinding, ie like when their name turn green?

thx guys
Post edited by LhRag - Sanctuary on

Comments

• AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    yes

if ur lower level than it it will drop more and if u are higher it will be less
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    General idea is that if the monster has a name color other than white, it will have a poor drop rate.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • LhRag - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    thx for the answers guys :)
    time to find future grinding spots...
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    General idea is that if the monster has a name color other than white, it will have a poor drop rate.

false. stop misinforming people. anything that ranges in the orange-red area will drop significantly more than a white named monster.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    false. stop misinforming people. anything that ranges in the orange-red area will drop significantly more than a white named monster.

Not misinforming anyone. First off, look at the database link. Second, I can kill level 100+ monsters and I have. The drop rate is garbage. Anything orange named doesn't drop squat.
    Main characters
  • ElMieda - Heavens Tear
    ElMieda - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Not misinforming anyone. First off, look at the database link. Second, I can kill level 100+ monsters and I have. The drop rate is garbage. Anything orange named doesn't drop squat.

The drop rate isn't garbage, it just doesn't improve from white names. So in a way you are misinforming.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Also, if you stopped to actually think rather than just talk, you would realize that you get lots more drops by killing white named monsters regardless. Do you know why? You kill them faster! Killing more monsters, in a shorter amount of time, amounts to a much better drop rate. Hence, orange names have a poor drop rate.
    Main characters
  • ElMieda - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Also, if you stopped to actually think rather than just talk, you would realize that you get lots more drops by killing white named monsters regardless. Do you know why? You kill them faster! Killing more monsters, in a shorter amount of time, amounts to a much better drop rate. Hence, orange names have a poor drop rate.

Your factoring in killing speed, I'm talking about a pure rate. Your still misinforming.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Nothing is being misinformed. Think for once, stop being stupid. The optimal drop rate is on white named monsters. The rate goes down on green names, and oranges take too long to kill and are often just plain too hard to kill. The table doesn't mean squat when it comes down to it.

Longer kills, lower drop rate. Lower exp gain as well. There is also the fact that, as I said, I can kill monsters 20+ levels above me, so I know how much the drops suck.
    Main characters
  • ElMieda - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Nothing is being misinformed. Think for once, stop being stupid. The optimal drop rate is on white named monsters. The rate goes down on green names, and oranges take too long to kill and are often just plain too hard to kill. The table doesn't mean squat when it comes down to it.

Longer kills, lower drop rate. Lower exp gain as well. There is also the fact that, as I said, I can kill monsters 20+ levels above me, so I know how much the drops suck.

Lol, it still doesn't change the fact that the flat rate is exactly the same as white name, so I'm not being stupid. I'm stating a fact.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    When it comes to droprate kill speed is everything. Stop being a moron and learn.
    Main characters
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    just ignore him ElMieda, this is the same dumbass that thinks that clerics that heal are noobs, bms that stun are noobs, and venomancers that use pets are noobs.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ok then Forp, tell me this. What is a blademaster going to do when the person they are fighting uses anti-stun pots? They darn well better be able to fight without stuns don't you think? What if that venos pet dies? They darn well better be able to fight without it.

The best pvper can throw away their main advantage and still win becuase after all, you won't always have that advantage. So you are indeed a noob pvper if you need them.
    Main characters
  • ElMieda - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Lol, it still doesn't change the fact that the flat rate is exactly the same as white name, so I'm not being stupid. I'm stating a fact.

Nuff said.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ok then Forp, tell me this. What is a blademaster going to do when the person they are fighting uses anti-stun pots? They darn well better be able to fight without stuns don't you think? What if that venos pet dies? They darn well better be able to fight without it.

The best pvper can throw away their main advantage and still win becuase after all, you won't always have that advantage. So you are indeed a noob pvper if you need them.

a good veno has more than 1 pet, and anti-stun pills only last a few seconds. odds are they can make it out alive in only a few seconds, especially if you're the one they're fighting.
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Zoe your posts just made me vomit, please go uninstall. b:bye
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Lol, next thing I know, you're going to say that the best barbarian PvP'er can win with 100 HP, without a HP hierogram, v.s. other barbarians with standard barb HP with a HP hierogram. Or maybe a arcane wizard winning with melee damages against blademasters. Or a blademaster with a bow winning against archers!

-->

Sorry for supporting the spam, but I couldn't resist.

Anyways, Darksylph and ElMieda had the correct answers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Lol, next thing I know, you're going to say that the best barbarian PvP'er can win with 100 HP, without a HP hierogram, v.s. other barbarians with standard barb HP with a HP hierogram. Or maybe a arcane wizard winning with melee damages against blademasters. Or a blademaster with a bow winning against archers!

Always use a lvl 1 weapon, anything higher gives you an advantage.
  • LhRag - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    woops, i started a dispute....
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    maybe i should turn off gloom b:chuckle
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Wow ppl kick zoe off a thread.

That's my job b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute