Trying to heal a player in PK mode...

Options
Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Cleric
Ok i had teamed with a barb to do some boss in, the barb was in PK mode so i couldn't heal or buff him at all, but after we killed the boss (or after he started attacking it - no idea) i could buff/heal him normally, even after we dissbanded.

Can someone explain that?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Mikel_oru - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Valkyun - Heavens Tear
    Valkyun - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm not exactly sure how it works, but I know that perfect world has a system that states that people in pk mode can't be healed. I'm not sure why, or why you were able to once you were fighting the boss. But that's why you couldn't heal him before.
  • Eugena - Heavens Tear
    Eugena - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    if he has dual swords around his name = no buffs, no heal
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    what if the cleric is also in pk mode?
    seems kinda silly to have a cleric around if they cant do anything in pk events
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • scridon
    scridon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The reason this happens is because the barb more then likely used an aoe skill. A bug in the coding will activate dual mode if you use an aoe skill even if the person that is within aoe range is not in pk mode. When the person in PK has duel blades above his head this means a cleric not in pk mode can not heal him.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    scridon wrote: »
    The reason this happens is because the barb more then likely used an aoe skill. A bug in the coding will activate dual mode if you use an aoe skill even if the person that is within aoe range is not in pk mode. When the person in PK has duel blades above his head this means a cleric not in pk mode can not heal him.

That makes some sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]