Evasion worth it?

Options
ArwenFrost - Heavens Tear
ArwenFrost - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Archer
i have been debating if its worth it to put gr6 evasion stones into 2 of my armor (around 6 total). I'm curious if there are any high evasion archer out there and want their input if it helps in TW. Obviously if I were to go the evasion direction I would be equipping Pirate's King seal and getting other evasion gear. So basically asking if high evasion is effective enough by sacrificing HP or Def stones. Thanks
Post edited by ArwenFrost - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Link - Lost City
    Link - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    in my opinion, no. you really cant rely on evasion on this game from my personal experience. if you can get it without sacrificing hp or dex its nice. i have 3.8k evasion right now without any evasion stones, only a evasion necklace with good hp( i know it sux, just didnt find any good pdef neckb:angry)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    In my opinion its more worth while investing in good quality HP stones then evasion because you cant dodge everything. Wizards, cleric, veno skill attacks will still hit you. BM and Barbs with 50% accuracy rings will have a decent hit rate as well. Eitherway just build the char you like. I recomend Hp instead of def stones because they just dont help as much.
  • SubGreen - Heavens Tear
    SubGreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    In my opinion magic res, phys def, hp are more important than evasion.
  • heartless888
    heartless888 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i come from a game where evasion almost means everythig so when i started, i went all out evasion

i had 4.5k evasion at one point at around 70ish problem is, its too much for nothing because your hp WILl be way too low (pure dex)

after a while i balanced my stuff out, now im 82 pure dex with 4.1k evasion, but over 3.5k hp self (4.5k+ with barb buff)

while evasion is great and is what makes me lasts longer than most archers, the problem is having said that, you are lower hp or lower def in most cases of high evasion so most barbs and BMs will EVENTUALLY kill you with a few lucky hits back to back

my take on it, against some people (read dex BMs and cash shop abusers with misty rings) your evasion wont be all that great, but then again, even you were higher hp and def those people would kill you ANYWAY

evasion works great in TW against alot of lower lvls (im 82, say i fight 6-7 lvl 60s and low 70s) they wont land a single hit on me while if you go hp and def youll be tough but wont dodge anything)

all in all, for what its worth, go with HP gems, too much evaion for nothing wont save you, balanced out evasion and hp will be better
  • Manicero - Sanctuary
    Manicero - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    greatly informed
    just remember that magic attacks will always hit no matter how much evasion u got
  • white7
    white7 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    in TW, evasion is for nothing. As an archer, your main targets are clerics, venos, archers and mages. If a BM gets to you, you are dead. If tiger barb try to kill you, he probably wont be able to kill you faster than charm ticking. And because evasion works only for phy def, it can help you only against another archer. And because archers are having very high accuracy, they will have always 80+% for hit (at same lvl like yours) ;) imho best thing is using hp shards and doesnt matter, if you are full dex or balanced build.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    In TW, evasion can help with lots of blademasters and barbarians.

In PvE, you can dodge some magic using monsters' attacks.
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    In TW, evasion can help with lots of blademasters and barbarians.

In PvE, you can dodge some magic using monsters' attacks.

o.O you cant dodge magic. Magic never misses. If a monster shoots something at you it isnt always magic it can be physical and miss(like drum boss aoe). Evasion does help against physical attackers such as bms and barbs but you cant dodge magic so clerics, venomancers (themselves not the pet), wizards will never miss you unless they walk up and smack you with their magic weapons.
  • Marmut - Heavens Tear
    Marmut - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    How about necklace and belt then? Should we still equip evasion stuff? I'm thinking of equipping magic stuff for necklace and belt as you can't evade magic. Is it better this way?
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I find evasion largely useless except in duels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Fabiana - Lost City
    Fabiana - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    aye.. if u want evade, archers get a nifty +40% from the buff, thats it. Dont use shards to boost eva but as others sa, use HP shards all the way.
    In PVE, evade sucks cuz most mobs are m atk type so kinda useless D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ESPADA marshal
    lvl 7x~ Archer
  • heartless888
    heartless888 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    How about necklace and belt then? Should we still equip evasion stuff? I'm thinking of equipping magic stuff for necklace and belt as you can't evade magic. Is it better this way?

i use 2 10% evasion items in belt and neck

the buff is 35% btw not 40%

im at 4113 evasion at 82, and whoever said archers get 80%+ hit on other archers, thats wrong unless you give up tons of crits for misty rings, im at 2768 accuracy

i dont know about you but 2768 accuracy vs 4113 evasion isnt 80% hit rate

in TW evasion will save your butt when 5 or 6 lower lvl BMs will try to stun you so you cant get away

again while it has its perks having too much at the cost of hp isnt worth it

i mean lets say you got 8k evasion but only 2k hp, while thats GREAT! that 2k hp means you are a 1 shot kill even to BMs and barbs so while they may miss you 15 times in a row, if they hit you once good, you are dead, i think balance is the key sp hp shards all the way, while being pure dex with % evasion items does the work for you in terms of getting high evasion

evasion CAN be awesome, im sure all of you high archers felt how it sucks to do our chain metal combos on say a BM and because you missed ONE of your spell, he lived through it with his charm
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    sillyfoo wrote: »
    o.O you cant dodge magic. Magic never misses. If a monster shoots something at you it isnt always magic it can be physical and miss(like drum boss aoe). Evasion does help against physical attackers such as bms and barbs but you cant dodge magic so clerics, venomancers (themselves not the pet), wizards will never miss you unless they walk up and smack you with their magic weapons.

Have you never fought sori gnawers? or kuglu sentries? I routinely dodged their attacks.
  • ArwenFrost - Heavens Tear
    ArwenFrost - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Have you never fought sori gnawers? or kuglu sentries? I routinely dodged their attacks.

those r long range phy attacks, there are mobs and bosses that do long rang phy attacks and thus u can dodge them.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    those r long range phy attacks, there are mobs and bosses that do long rang phy attacks and thus u can dodge them.

But I see arcanes shrugging off their ranged attacks and I see blademasters occasionally getting hit hard by their ranged attacks?
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    But I see arcanes shrugging off their ranged attacks and I see blademasters occasionally getting hit hard by their ranged attacks?

Maybe it's a half half like BT in the Wizard's line?

As in a physical type shot with two types of damage...(sounds stupid I know)
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Maybe it's a half half like BT in the Wizard's line?

As in a physical type shot with two types of damage...(sounds stupid I know)

But I do not understand how arcanes could be shruging off their damage if they were doing half physical damage?
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    3 words for this thread

MAGIC DOESNT MISS

/thread
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    But I do not understand how arcanes could be shruging off their damage if they were doing half physical damage?

-shrug-
    3 words for this thread

MAGIC DOESNT MISS

/thread

word.