Doing daily quests for a friend?

Mirathyl - Sanctuary
Mirathyl - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Support Desk
I've been doing searches on account sharing and have seen many responses that it's banned offense. However, I still feel the need to flat out ask.

I have a IRL friend who will be gone over the next few days and has given me his login ID and changed his pass to something I can use (so I don't know his real one). Being that he is going to be gone, he wants me to do his daily quests for him so he still gets that exp. I assume this would constitute as account sharing if being very particular. I had no plans to do anything but the daily quests for him.

Is this a banned offense for both my account AND his then?
"We don't know what we're going to do when we get there, but we're not going to die without good reason."
- Heero Yuy, Gundam Wing
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~ Mirathyl
Post edited by Mirathyl - Sanctuary on

Comments

• thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    PWE is not responsible for any misuse of your Account or your User ID, you agree to accept all risks of unauthorized access to your Account and to hold PWE and its affiliates harmless from and against any improper use of your Account or your User ID, including, but not limited to, improper use by someone to whom you revealed your password.

Please note that, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your User ID and password, and you agree to notify us if your password is lost, stolen, or disclosed to an unauthorized third party, or otherwise may have been compromised. You are solely responsible for all activities and transactions that occur under your Account, and PWE is not responsible for any unauthorized use of your account, including without limitation in the event that your password is stolen or revealed to a third party. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security in relation to the Website, the Service or our Games known to you. PWE provides you with choice to change your password in order to safeguard your Account.

Taken from ToS. Hope this answers your question at least in some way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • Mirathyl - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    I did see that from the ToS, which seems standard and expected to me.

Of course, pondering over the fact that you CAN have multiple accounts and just need separate computers for them to use at the same time. What kind of difference is there between sharing accounts and having multiple accounts? From a log stand point I mean? It just seems like a big gray area to me...
    "We don't know what we're going to do when we get there, but we're not going to die without good reason."
    - Heero Yuy, Gundam Wing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Mirathyl
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    These are my opinions on the matter.

It is a fine line but, take into consideration that if an account gets accessed from different IPs (like sharing your account), you get flagged, and can get banned.

Multiboxing (game running on a separate PC) with different accounts is allowed, but, we can see that they are being accessed by an IP range when they are accessed. If accounts are being accessed from say, India one minute, and then a few hours later, Brazil, the repercussions probably aren't going to be good for your account.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Mirathyl - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Hey darth,

Thanks for the response, it clears things up quite a bit. I had forgotten to take ip ranges into effect on the matter. Of course it also makes me wonder about accessing from other people's houses/connections like at a LAN party or an internet cafe. Of course the more I think about it, the more I seem to make myself a bit paranoid about it.

x_x;
    - Heero Yuy, Gundam Wing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Mirathyl
This discussion has been closed.