Hurcules Question

ragnarok363
ragnarok363 Posts: 13 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Venomancer
Well I am thinking about using the cs to purchase battle chests. I know that there is a random chance to get feathers or force. I thought that I read somewhere that if I get 500 feathers and 500 forces that there is a way to go to the Pet Merchant and trade feathers for forces...is this correct or will I have to just trade the feathers in order to get the 9999 forces to other players? Any help here would be appreciated.
Post edited by ragnarok363 on

Comments

• Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well I am thinking about using the cs to purchase battle chests. I know that there is a random chance to get feathers or force. I thought that I read somewhere that if I get 500 feathers and 500 forces that there is a way to go to the Pet Merchant and trade feathers for forces...is this correct or will I have to just trade the feathers in order to get the 9999 forces to other players? Any help here would be appreciated.

Pet Merchants will trade 100 of either for 100 of whatever you don't have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ragnarok363
    ragnarok363 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Ok well if I have the 500 feathers does that mean I can go back to the Pet Merchant 5 times (100 each time) and get 500 forces?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Ok well if I have the 500 feathers does that mean I can go back to the Pet Merchant 5 times (100 each time) and get 500 forces?

Yes it does.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Anywho folks. I was gonna bust out a question here, asking whether it's more cost effective to use gold and battle pet packs, or more cost effective just to buy the sources/feathers, then I decided just to work it out. For yall who are interested, here's what I figured.

Basing it off this:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/10122

Assuming gold is 100k each, and feathers/sources are 2k each, it's better value for money for money to buy gold and then use it to buy battle pet boxes.

Pet boxes are worth 50k. You're gonna average 26.8 feathers/sources for each one you open. (Unless I've screwed up somewhere along the line. My maths isn't fantastic). Assuming feathers/sources are worth 2k, the average return on each one you open is 53.6k.

That's for HT prices though. I'd imagine it's a bit different on LC with more cash shoppers, and quite different on Sanc, what with its terrible, ailing economy and whatnot. Ya know.. because the GMs for some reason didn't want to roll the server back a few hours. Not sure why. I guess temporarily trashing the economy was a better solution. Obviously. Sucks to be on Sanc, eh? Kinda beside the point though.

So hear that, folksies.. if you're paying 1.8k for each feather/source, you're getting a good deal. If you're paying 1.9k, you're getting a bad deal. Since no one sells sources/feathers for 1.8k, you might as well just go and buy yourself some gold.

Uhhh.. you might wanna check that for yourself though before you suddenly go forth and do stuff.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Friend of mine purchased 200 gold for b-pet packs,got enough feathers and sof for her herc with 9 gold left over,worked good for her.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    fuzzles wrote: »
    Anywho folks. I was gonna bust out a question here, asking whether it's more cost effective to use gold and battle pet packs, or more cost effective just to buy the sources/feathers, then I decided just to work it out. For yall who are interested, here's what I figured.

Already did that:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=1685101#post1685101

You forgot the 2% transaction fee to convert coin to gold. So if you buy at 100k, you're actually paying 102k. That bumps up the average cost per feather/force from 1866 coin to 1903.