Lag issues

Meristem - Sanctuary
Meristem - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Support Desk
Since yesterday (before v. 80 patch) I am having major lag. It comes and goes all the time, making it impossible to play. And I am sure the problem is not with my internet because it is working 100% (I did speed tests) neither with my laptop because I am using it for over 2 months now.
I tried almost everything: reseting modem, reinstalling PW (after uninstalling previous version), some optimizing programs for internet, virus/spyware/malware and other craps checks that found nothing wrong. I also tried using other internet conection and logging into other account and in other servers... and nothing worked out. And I submitted a ticket but no answer...

I just want know if someone else is getting this issue and if someone can help me solving it. This is my last try to solve this and if I can't solve it, I will quit PW.
Post edited by Meristem - Sanctuary on

Comments

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I know you have said you reinstalled but could you please try a verify from the launcher as well?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Meristem - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    I know you have said you reinstalled but could you please try a verify from the launcher as well?

what do you mean? it has installed all updates normally and I did that verify the setup asks for.
  • gatts87
    gatts87 Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    He means the verify that goes through every single file, takes like an hour or more, but it downloads/updates any files that might need it. Not sure how useful that would be for you since you just reinstalled, but maybe some files were lost while downloading? Are you experiencing white screen flashes or server errors that say "Server error please log out and try again"? If so then you are having the same issue as me, I get random server issues that create "lag" or a form of it anyways.
  • Meristem - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Yes I did that, and no errors. My problem is just when I am playing. It takes like 10 seconds to talk to an npc or start flying after I pressed the hotkey... There was this time the npc just disappeared when I tried talking to him! And this lag may happen anywhere with a lot of people or not: Misfortune City, West Arch or even TT... Unfortunatelly, like I said, it comes and goes all the time (mainly just comming and not "going"), for no reason
This discussion has been closed.