Question on refining

seemen
seemen Posts: 18 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Lets say i wanted to get my gear/weap to +5 (the refine thing with the mirage stones) would i have a better chance with the tienkang/tisha stones (2.7 gold for 10) together or just buy the 100% dragon orbs? note that the orbs are on sale... 20silver(1), 90silver(2), 2.25gold(3) 5.60gold(4) 13.50gold(5).
Could somebody plz tell me if they know how much the % increase is for the stones each? and if they did it, how were the results.
Post edited by seemen on

Comments

• Agentzero - Lost City
    Agentzero - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited February 2009

i suggest you dont use anything for 0 to +1
    then from +1 to +2, use tienkang stone
    then from +2 onwards, use orbs.

tisha stones to me sound useless. you can't afford to lose 1 level of refinement at high levels.

costs way too much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kompensator
    kompensator Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Unless you're going to win a duel, a TW, or just want to wear the best weapon / armor ever to be proud of, I would not recommend to refine equipment more that +2 - it costs too much and the effect will not be really remarkeable.
    Better spend your money to buy healing / mana potions or charms, it will make your life easier in a cheaper way.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/guide/refining
    I am impressed by anyone willing to listen and learn.
  • Ithilmir - Sanctuary
    Ithilmir - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Rather, don't bother refining something you know you'll be replacing. Only go crazy with refines if you're certain on end-game items.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have been making my stuff +1 just because I can and taking things I know I'll be using for a lot of levels and making them all +3. After all 80+ is slow.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • seemen
    seemen Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ok thx a lot guys, ill take note on that, and where exactly is the tienkang/tisha stones % chance increase thread at?
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    seemen wrote: »
    ok thx a lot guys, ill take note on that, and where exactly is the tienkang/tisha stones % chance increase thread at?

its in the cashshop and it sucks use orbs
  • Cirdan - Lost City
    Cirdan - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If you do want the security of knowing that your mirage stones won't be wasted, I'd use the Dragon orbs. Make sure that you only get lvl1 orbs, because you can combine them at the jewelcraftsmen.

Lvl1 orbs cost 20 silver, combine 4 and you'll get a lvl2 orb which is cheaper than buying it from the cash shop.
    Combine 2 lvl2 orbs and 2 lvl1 orbs (10lvl1 orbs in all) and you'll make a lvl3 orb.

Instead of buying a lvl3 orb for 2.25 gold you can make it with lvl1 orbs for 2 gold. I haven't looked at higher lvl orbs, but I'm sure that you can save even more gold when making higher lvl orbs than buying them.