Rofl @ rankings

Options
Saveless - Sanctuary
Saveless - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Has anyone else looked the ranking list? Hellwatcher, Heavenwatcher etc on each server...100+? Wth?
Post edited by Saveless - Sanctuary on

Comments

• DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Has anyone else looked the ranking list? Hellwatcher, Heavenwatcher etc on each server...100+? Wth?

GM accounts
  • Saveless - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    'kay....just surprised me at first.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    These are new GM accounts that will be added to the filter within 24 hours. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options
    'kay....just surprised me at first.

What GMs do .. deff surprises us all at times dude.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »

Your to slow! I beat you b:bye
  • Saveless - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options

Thanks for the info.
  • Deumos - Lost City
    Deumos - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Judging by their names, GM's use them to watch over the heaven and hell areas for.. bots? hacks?
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Judging by their names, GM's use them to watch over the heaven and hell areas for.. bots? hacks?

Not a terrible guess. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Can we kill it? o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Not a terrible guess. ;)

Then I'd suggest make them some unattainable level like 200, and let them be gods.

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • thanduril
    thanduril Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    this is some good news, seeing that people are able to bot till they get celestial status, but not thereafter.

i know a garbage bag who botted his wizard character and his wife's veno from lvl 30 all the way to lvl8x and ive come to terms that the "Report Hacker" button is just a monumental waste of pixels.
    i mean after constantly reporting him for a period of 1 month when its so obvious that he is using a 3rd party program to send out attack/healing macros, no action has been taken against him.
    you could see him botting non stop for 5-6 hours at an end and since both his toons are ranged/magic type there is no reason to repair equips every hour since the pet takes aggro and then those 2 chip in with the attacks.
    when he was botting at lvl6x on aerial mobs near the starter towns mobs, he never picked up any of the dropped items or coins and there were always a few low lvl vultures who steal the drop as soon as it could be picked up by other players and those 2 botters dont even react to the stealing, isnt this proof enough? and getting no response from him when spoken to(both of them being league hoppers, they were in my faction at one time) in faction chat/PMs when you can clearly see him and his wife attacking and killing mobs clearly says they are upto some BS.

and Submitting tickets also need proof that he is a hacker as i was informed. but how am i supposed to throw in a timestamp at a screenshot legetimately?(can easily be done by changing the PC time in windowed mode and then taking a SS of the entire screen, but anyone can fake the PC time and pretend its all legit).

fix that button asap, or atleast care to prevent dirtbag botters please.
  • The ferenczy - Sanctuary
    The ferenczy - Sanctuary Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    sorry but who cares if someone bots *i am to dumb to* i mean if you wanna lvl just to lvl then who bleeding cares?

i can see some one getting up set cuz they were pked by some one who botted up to lvl 90 and waited untill they were blue again to bot. but being pked on a pve server is your fault. if it was lost city why not just talk to your guild and pk them and laugh cuz thier whole set up was defeated.
    one day the world will shout to me save us....
    and i will whisper no.
  • LogiK - Lost City
    LogiK - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The reason to care that botting happens is that it slows down the servers. Look at SilkRoad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:victoryWe are the center. Noone can change this!b:victory
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The reason not to like it is it gives an advantage to players who don't play the game properly.
    It kinda sucks to be the person who levelled their char to 100 properly, when someone else just botted up to 100, managing to do it faster, since they can bot 24/7 without ever getting bored, and while doing other stuff.

In a single player game you're welcome to do whatever you want. In a multiplayer game when you're competing with other players for things like levels, and the accompanying goodies, it's 'unfair'.
  • Baraiai - Sanctuary
    Baraiai - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    D: GM accounts shouldn't count unless they worked on em without coding >.>

I was wondering why it went from lvl 100s to 105s in a night.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options
    no offence but you sound like a man driveing a ford truck complaining that his day trader neighbour has a porche and doesn't even go to work.

who cares what lvl any one else is. unless you are in pk or on lost. and if you are in pk you are gonna die from a higher level who is in pk any way botting or not.

and as far as slowing down the server goes. i can see multiple accounts doing that but ppl who have the smarts to make a char fly kill heal on its own bah.

still sounds like sour grapes to me.
    and i will whisper no.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i am a carpenter in real life i can only afford to drive a 71 ford truck.
    my neighbors work white coller and have nice expensive things. do i care noooo.
    i worked harder than 90% of you can imagine for that truck. as a result i treasure the hell outa it. my view better to work hard and treasure your acheivements then begrudge others.
    and i will whisper no.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    no offence but you sound like a man driveing a ford truck complaining that his day trader neighbour has a porche and doesn't even go to work.

who cares what lvl any one else is. unless you are in pk or on lost. and if you are in pk you are gonna die from a higher level who is in pk any way botting or not.

and as far as slowing down the server goes. i can see multiple accounts doing that but ppl who have the smarts to make a char fly kill heal on its own bah.

still sounds like sour grapes to me.

No offense, but you sound like someone who has no clue what kind of impact botting can have on a game. There is a reason botters get banned, and there is a reason no one likes them.

They can tie up resources for hours on end.

They can have a negative influence on server economies by dumping an excess of items on the market at once.

It isn't fair to players who are legitimately playing their characters to see someone who runs a bot 24 hours a day grinding mobs gain more levels without any personal effort involved.

The botter isn't the Joneses. The botter is the thief who drives that fancy car not because they bought it, but because they stole it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thanduril
    thanduril Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    sorry but who cares if someone bots *i am to dumb to* i mean if you wanna lvl just to lvl then who bleeding cares?

i can see some one getting up set cuz they were pked by some one who botted up to lvl 90 and waited untill they were blue again to bot. but being pked on a pve server is your fault. if it was lost city why not just talk to your guild and pk them and laugh cuz thier whole set up was defeated.

do youself a favour and stfu.
    i havent been PKd by this botter, not once, since this wuss doesnt have the man parts to go white, leave alone red named.
    and i care to put a stop to these kinda botters cause, i have leveled up my character from lvl1 while juggling both studies and work all the time helping my guildies and anyone who sends out a WC with bosses from which i get nothing back in return.
    if some SOB comes along and gets from lvl1 to 80 in 1 month, just by installing a program and keeping the PC on 24/7 then its a slap in the face for all the people out there who enjoy playing a game and lvling their chars up in the legit way. and this botter has gotten his wife's veno char both a hercules and phoenix pets, thats around 45mi dirt money he made of botting for around 1-2 months, and this was BEFORE he made his 80mil reselling item mall gold while thiose glitched clothes were on(and his charcter isnt banned).

go back to your ford trucks and wheat patches fool. if you dont know how a botter ruins a MMO then you only deserve to play real life games...like hop around with a string attached to your pinky toes.

before acting all 100%-know-it-all first learn the basics of anything Real life or something online. in case your neightbour is a drug smuggler IRL, and you stay quiet even after knowing this, then your are the BIGGEST fool in your vicinity. im gonna refrain from saying anymore cause this is just a forum, and i was reporting a useless "Report hacker" button. if you want shrink talk go "earn" it elsewhere.
    and dude, do yourself a favour a DONT mix reality up with a online game. when you do, thats when you`ll end up in one of those fancy white jackets in a padded cell, and you wont even be able to see your truck anymore :(