What's the best PvE build?

flightz17
flightz17 Posts: 12 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Venomancer
I looked through the guides, the Comprehensive one was focused on PvP, the Veno "Bild" one didn't really say much about PvE (although it was pretty useful otherwise) and the F.A.Q. one brought me to the other guides.

So what is the best PvE build? I just started so I don't know much. Would it be the Pure INT mage build, using Robe armor?
Post edited by flightz17 on

Comments

• Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    flightz17 wrote: »
    So what is the best PvE build? I just started so I don't know much. Would it be the Pure INT mage build, using Robe armor?

Unlike PvP where you play to beat other players, in PvE you play to have fun. Different things are fun for different people. Some like to melee in fox form, others like to stand back and cast, some like to switch back and forth between the two. Others like me never notice when we're getting hit and keep dying if we don't have decent p.def. b:laugh Which build is best depends on which style of play you find most fun.

But if you just want to level fast regardless of fun, then yeah the pure int mage build with arcane armor is fastest.
  • Soul_Thunder - Sanctuary_1254490888
    edited February 2009
    I looked through the guides, the Comprehensive one was focused on PvP, the Veno "Bild" one didn't really say much about PvE (although it was pretty useful otherwise) and the F.A.Q. one brought me to the other guides.

that build is the fastest leveling build, you will want to use that build if you want to do big damage and no pvp, but you will be very squishy if you get hit.
    with that said, the other build won't slow you don't at leveling by that much.
    i personally like light armor since it gives your a balance in pdef and mdef.

the build is 1str 1dex 3int every lvl.
    though some say that this build is more for pvp, but it's up to you.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Like Solandri said, every thing depends on the player. I only play melee, because I don't like to stand behind someone else and just shoot/cast, nor do I like to hit-run-hit-run. You see, no rationnal reason.

You seem to have decided to go for a veno, so just spend some time looking at the skills, gathering some info, etc. This is a good site for that: http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php Just look a bit and determine what seems to fit your personallity.

You can also just create a veno, just experiment with skills and builds till lvl20, and then start over to make "your own build" with the gameplay you like most.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i personally like light armor since it gives your a balance in pdef and mdef.

the build is 1str 1dex 3int every lvl.
    though some say that this build is more for pvp, but it's up to you.

I don't know for PvP, but that build is actually pretty versatile in PvE. It can be used for a fox veno, for a light armor humanoide to have some more survivability, and for hybrid builds that go both fox and humanoide.
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    the Veno "Bild"
    hehe sorry about that, i made that thread and a few others like Veno FAQ, Rare Pets, Pulling - guide etc, just before the game was about to start (OB) and i was in a hurry to finish all of them, what can i say, my fingers forgot to type "u" letter b:chuckle and i just noticed it 2-3 weeks after
    about the build, i'd say that by "best PVE build" u refer to the fastest lvling and the one that does better in FBs and HHs, (most ppl understand that for best in PVE) so choose the mage type build
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Pay attention to your surroundings and pure magic is by far the best pve build. It's squishy, but only if you take physical hits, hence the pay attention part. Magic hits are a joke honestly, except for the occasional Sacr. Assult spawn. Those actually hurt.
  • Xtrememirage - Heavens Tear
    Xtrememirage - Heavens Tear Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Full mag build, put everything into mag. Be sure to have enough str to wear armor tho.
    The name's Xtreme! b:victory
    Not Extreme! b:angry
    Get it right! b:thanks