New player questions

Diogeneskyon - Lost City
Diogeneskyon - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hi, essentially brand new so I'm looking for some clarification on a few things.

1. Exchange rate - Am I correct in that, essentially, 1 gold = $1 dollar? And if so, why bother with the whole dollar-zen-gold conversion? Also, I'm going to guess, 1 gold = 100 silver?

2. Territory wars - The concept is what really attracted me to the game in the first place. Obviously I'm still way too low to participate but still, can anyone fill me in a bit? How often are they held? How "large" a fight are they?

3. Whats the deal with no shields or two handed swords?

4. On lvl2 dual swords it says the attack rate is, I'm trying to remember, like 0.93. As I understand that, that's "Attacks a second", making it slower then the attack rate with just one sword (1.11). That hardly seems right, am I getting this backwards?

5. How important is "range" for a Blademaster's weapon? Is the 50% more range for a polearm really significant? And in what way.

I'll probably add more after I play tonight, thanks.
Post edited by Diogeneskyon - Lost City on

Comments

• Splicemaster - Heavens Tear
    Splicemaster - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I am new too but I can answer your first 2 questions.

1)That is all correct.

2)Territory Wars are between 2 fractions at a time. Every fraction can attack another fraction's territory once a week so say for instance Radiance can attack RoC once in a week and cannot attack another fration's territory that week. I belive they are between 80 players from one fraction and 80 players from the other.
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hi, essentially brand new so I'm looking for some clarification on a few things.

1. Exchange rate - Am I correct in that, essentially, 1 gold = $1 dollar? And if so, why bother with the whole dollar-zen-gold conversion? Also, I'm going to guess, 1 gold = 100 silver?

2. Territory wars - The concept is what really attracted me to the game in the first place. Obviously I'm still way too low to participate but still, can anyone fill me in a bit? How often are they held? How "large" a fight are they?

4. On lvl2 dual swords it says the attack rate is, I'm trying to remember, like 0.93. As I understand that, that's "Attacks a second", making it slower then the attack rate with just one sword (1.11). That hardly seems right, am I getting this backwards?

5. How important is "range" for a Blademaster's weapon? Is the 50% more range for a polearm really significant? And in what way.

1. yes
    2. Splice got it
    3. there is no deal lol
    4. the higher number for attack rate, the faster you attack
    5. range is no big deal, but can still depend on your play-style
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Regarding shields you have the option to make them visible or not. You do that when going to try clothing section of your character.

Regarding double swords and single sword. I have big issue on this too since I prefer double swords or dual blades but the benefits of drawbacks of this are not pretty clear.

the ultimate weapon on the sword path is a single sword.
    http://janelh.wikidot.com/dusk-swords#toc0

I'm trying to read the stats of the weapons, if you read them you'll see single ones are aparently better. However, I think duals hit more often than single (my speculation, not certain. Probably somebady can confirm or deny this). Probably 1.5 hits while singles just do 1? This could balance things out.

more detail stats can be found here.

http://pwdatabase.com/pwi
  • mogwai
    edited February 2009
    Regarding shields you have the option to make them visible or not. You do that when going to try clothing section of your character.

not here lol, maybe your thinking of another mmo
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    mogwai wrote: »
    4. the lower the attack rate, the faster you attack

Sorry, but it's the other way around. The higher the attack rate, the faster you attack. The attack rate gives the number of attacks done in 1 second, so 1.25 means that you do 5 attacks in 4 seconds, while 1.00 means you do only 4 attacks in 4 seconds. My fox veno (1.25) attacks way faster then my barb (0.83).

To judge on that, you shouldn't only look at the converted damage done in 1 second. You must also take into account that a higher attack rate builds more chi, which allows you to use better skills and by that makes up for the lower damage.
  • mogwai
    edited February 2009
    oops, my bad lol
    must've been sleepy during maintb:thanks
    (previous post edited)